Chapter 4

You left me, so I went to him. Don't take it personally. (Hiatus)

(Daesung's POV)

It has been two weeks since Sol Na and I have been "dating". I have gone to work with her every day and I even took her to school every day. But I have a problem... I'm beginning to like her.

It feels like I need to be with her. Like I need to stay with her during work and I need to take her to school. I don't know... It just feels right... Ya' know?

Sol Na ran out of her school and waved at me with a piece of paper flying in her hands. She was grinning and everyone around her looked at her like she was crazy.

God she's adorable.

"Guess who got a 103 on her calculus test?!" she squealed.

"Really?!" I asked, ripping the paper out of her hands.

My eyes scanned the pages and saw that she hadn't missed anything on the test. "Woah! How did you do this? I thought you said that you’d fail that!"

"I know! I was about to pass out when I saw that grade," she laughed as she closed the door and buckled up. "You're a much better boyfriend than Seung Hyun ever imagined being... He would never let me do my homework. With him I've never had anything more than a B in calculus."

I blushed. I'm better than Seung Hyun?

"I think that this calls for a celebration," I told her, shaking the paper.

She looked up at me with her beautiful big eyes. "Really?"

"Of course! We can go out to eat after you get off work."

She groaned. "Ew. Work."

I chuckled. "Well in three days, I'm going to start having to work again... So we might as well make the most of it while we can."

“Are you saying that I should skip work?” she asked.

I smirked. “Maybe…”

“Well I like that idea much more than I do going to work,” she said.

“Great! Then it’s settled! What do you want to do today?”

She glanced down at the clock in my car. “What about a movie or something?”

I smiled. “A movie sounds good. Dinner after?”

“Whatever you want to do,” she said, smiling at me.

She her favorite radio station and we began singing to the newest pop songs as we drove over to the movie theatre.

We got out of the car and walked up to the box office.

I glanced down at her hand dangling by her side. My heart pounded and I took a deep breath and reached for her hand.

She looked down at our hands together and wrapped hers around mine.

“Is this okay?” I asked her, motioning towards our hands, intertwined with one another’s.

“Yeah, it’s okay,” she told me, with a smile, then motioned back towards the listings of the movies.

People had noticed me and had begun taking pictures of the two of us. All I could think was: Wow, I had a really beautifully lady holding my hand and boy, I sure don’t mind showing her off.

We bought our popcorn and drinks and walked to the theatre.

“People have been taking pictures of us…” she said, once we were slightly alone.

“I know,” I said beaming. “Let them.”

“Why?”

I hesitated. I couldn’t tell what I really thought about her. “Because if Seung Hyun sees those pictures then he’ll be extremely jealous,” I lied.

She laughed. “That’s true. Then let them take as many pictures as they can.”

I sighed. That is all she wants: to make Seung Hyun jealous.

 

After dinner I dropped her off at her house and walked her inside.

“Thank you for today…” she said, and kissed me on the cheek.

She looked down and blushed.  “I’m sorry,” she whispered.

“For what?” I asked, finding her hands and rubbing them gently with my thumbs.

“For kissing you…”

I chuckled and bent down, pressing my lips to hers.

Oh my gosh… I can’t believe that I’m kissing her.

She began to kiss me back and I grabbed her neck, pulling her closer to me.

After a minute, both of us pulled away, in dire need of oxygen.

“Don’t ever apologize for kissing me again,” I told her, letting her go. “Goodnight. Get some sleep… you have to open for work in the morning, and you have to tell your boss why you didn’t come in today.”

“Oh gosh, don’t remind me…” she said.

I laughed lightly. “I’ll see you tomorrow,” I said, walking to the door and opening it up.

“Goodnight…” she whispered as I left and shut the door behind me.

As I walked away, I rubbed my lips. Did I really just kiss her? Maybe it isn’t all just to make Seung Hyun jealous like I thought it was…

I felt my heart pounding in my chest. No one has ever made me feel this way…

 

(TOP’s POV)

I looked at the pictures of them on the internet.

She looked happy… very happy. She was holding his hand and biting her lower lip… she only did that when she was happy, not nervous like most people would, but happy.

I sighed and slammed my fists down on the computer desk.

I heard the door open and I turned around, seeing Daesung walk into the room.

“Hey,” I told him, trying to control my anger around him.

He completely ignored me and constantly touched his lips.

Did he kiss her?! Did he freaking kiss her?!

Daesung walked toward his room and shut his door.

I stood up and walked to my room, defeated. I sat down on my bed and glanced around the room at all the pictures I had of us.

There was the one from her 16th birthday party, and the one from our graduation, and the one from my 19th birthday party, and the one from our first date, and then there was this one where she was kissing my cheek and I made a weird/shocked facial expression…

All of these times are gone now.

I stood up and screamed. “AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!” I yelled as I went around the room and threw the pictures on the floor.

I collapsed in the middle of the room and burst into tears. How could I have been so stupid?

 

The next morning around 9AM, I went to Sol Na’s work place and saw Daesung’s car sitting outside.

So this is where he goes every morning?

I parked the car and hesitated, before getting out of the car and walking into the restaurant.

“Hello welcome too—” Sol Na saw me and stopped the greeting. “What are you doing here?”

“OH MY GOD IT’S T.O.P.!” a little girl screamed.

You have got to be kidding me.

“OH MY GOD DAESUNG AND T.O.P. HERE IN ONE DAY?! THIS IS TOO MUCH!”

“Olivia,” Sol Na said firmly. “Shut up and I will get you an autograph later. Okay?”

“Okay, okay, okay,” she said, hyperventilating. “It’s really nice to meet you.”

“Get back to work,” Sol Na told her.

“Okay,” the girl said, with a blush, and continued waiting tables.

“New girl?” I asked.

“I’m going to kill her…” she mumbled. “Let me repeat myself. What are you doing here?”

“I wanted to talk to you…”

“If you can’t tell, I’m busy,” she said, motioning to the full restaurant.

“But yet you find time to talk to Daesung,” I said, looking around for the boy.

Ah, there he is… He’s across the room, staring needles into my soul.

“Daesung doesn’t talk to me… he just sits there and plays on his phone the entire time. He does what you used to do.”

I sighed. “When do you have your break?” I asked.

“I can take my break in ten minutes. I guess… go sit down by Daesung. There are no more empty tables.”

I nodded and walked over to the younger boy.

“Hey,” I said as I sat down.

“Hey,” he mumbled, looking back at his phone.

“I haven’t talked to you much the last couple of weeks… how are you doing?” I asked.

“I’m doing fine. How about you?”

This was sad… we live in the same dorm and our conversations have been limited to this because of… well because of me.

“I’m fine,” I grumbled.

We sat in silence for a few more minutes till Sol Na came and sat down at the table across from me.

The table was small so her knees touched mine from under the table. My breath hitched. I forgot how she made me feel with just one touch.

“So what do you want to talk to me about?” she asked, annoyed.

 I adjusted the way we were sitting so she didn’t touch me any longer.

“I’m sorry,” I said, bluntly.

“Oh that’s wonderful. You’re saying sorry after I already have a boyfriend,” she mumbled.

“That’s not it—”

“It isn’t? Really? Then why didn’t you give me an explanation before you left? Heck why don’t you give me an explanation now? I would love to know why you just completely dropped off the face of the earth for three months.”

I couldn’t tell her that I was too afraid to propose to her… That I am afraid of the term ‘marriage’ under any circumstance.

“I can’t give you one,” I said softly.

“I’m sorry, what was that? I couldn’t hear you.”

“I said I don’t have one! I don’t freaking have a reason for leaving so just stop asking. It felt right at the time!” I lied.

“Does it feel right now?”

“Of course it doesn’t. Why do you think I’m here?”

“Why are you here?” she asked.

God, she would know already if she wouldn’t freaking interrupt me.

“I’ve come here to call a truce…” I said.

“I can’t date you again, I’m kinda taken,” she sneered, motioning towards Daesung who was still on his phone, attempting to ignore the entire conversation, although it was so obvious he was eaves dropping on the entire thing.

I clenched my hands. “I am aware of that.”

“Okay…”

“I was looking at some of our pictures last night,” I admitted. “You know, the ones that we had before we dated: our birthdays and graduation and stuff.”

She nodded. “I looked at that graduation picture a couple of weeks ago, too.”

Daesung looked up from his phone, wide-eyed, then looked back down.

“And, well I remembered what it was like then.”

“Yes.”

“And… well I was thinking that we should try and be friends again…”

I was not planning on asking her to become friends again… I was actually planning on throwing her against the wall and kissing her until she agreed to be mine again, but Daesung just had to be here…

She gasped. “You were?”

I hesitated and then nodded. “Uh-huh. Sure. I mean, yes. Yes I was.”

She smiled lightly. “I actually have been wanting to start over again for a while…”

“You have?” I asked.

“Yeah…  I miss the old days,” she said, refusing to look me in the eyes. “So yeah… let’s start over. Friends?”

“Yeah, friends… I guess.”

She looked up at me and smiled. “Well then, I best get back to work,” she said, standing up.

I stood up with her. “Thanks for listening,” I said.

She flashed that beautiful crooked smile I fell in love with, and then stuck her hand out. “Goodbye friend,” she said.

I took the hand and shook it. “Goodbye. I’ll see you guys later,” I said, walking away.

 

I had gotten off work early and decided to go visit the person I had been thinking about most that day: Sol Na. I’ve never considered her as someone I’ve been romantically attracted too, but today, as we were shooting our debut shots, the photographer kept telling me that these pictures will attract all of the girls… but the only girl I found that I wanted to attract was Sol Na…

So at 9:47 I marched up the front walkway of her house, and knocked on the door.

The beautiful girl opened her front door with her hair pulled into a sloppy pony tail and she had her glasses on, without make-up, only in a tank-top and some mini shorts. She must be studying for class…

My heart pounded as my eyes ran over her body.

“Ah, what are you doing here?” she asked, adjusting the glasses on her face.

“Can I come in?” I asked.

She nodded with a grin. “Sure!” she said and let me in. “Sorry, the house is a mess…”

There were papers and text books everywhere and there were dishes piled high in the sink.

“When was the last time you slept?” I asked her.

“Um… three days ago?” she teased.

I shook my head. “Stop over working yourself. You’re going to get sick. And eat something more than ramen every once in a while,” I told her, motioning to all of the packages of ramen overflowing out of the trash can.

She frowned. “Can I help you?”

I shrugged. “You just go finish your homework, I’m going to clean up around here a bit.”

“Yah! Choi Seung Hyun, I don’t want you going through all of my stuff!” she demanded.

“Don’t worry,” I chuckled. “I won’t go into the bedroom. I’m too afraid of getting lost. If the kitchen looks like this, I can only imagine what your room looks like right now.”

She sighed. “Fine. I could use some help around here,” she mumbled and sat back down at the table, continuing her home work.

I cleaned up the living room/kitchen for a while and when I was done, I sat down at the circular table, across from her.

“Thanks for that… It’s nice to have a friend that would just come over and do that for me.”

I felt myself blushing.

She looked up and caught me in the act. “Aww, is Seung Hyun flattered?”

“You could say that,” I said softly.

She went back to her studying and I smiled at her.

“Is there something on my face?” she asked.

“What? No. Why would you think that?”

“Because you’re going to stare a hole through me at that rate…” she said, not looking up.

I blushed again. Gosh, how can she make me feel this way? She hasn’t ever in the previous four years I’ve known her…

“Ah, sorry… Hey, I have something to ask you…”

“Hm?”

I took a deep breath. Here it goes… “What do you think about us?”

“What do you mean, ‘us’?”

“Well like, do you think that we are… compatible?”

“I don’t think that we aren’t compatible,” she said, still looking down at her books, totally missing what I was trying to get at.

“That’s not what I meant…”

“What do you mean?” she asked, finally looking up at me.

“Do you think that there is a possibility of a ‘you and I’ in the future?” I asked. Wow, I worded that really stupidly.

She looked at me oddly and cocked her head slightly to the right, like a puppy. God she is so cute! “Are you asking me to be your girlfriend?” she asked.

I hesitated. “…quite possibly…”

A blush exploded over her cheeks.

“I take by your reaction that it’s a ‘yes’?”

She covered , cutely. “Yes,” she giggled.

I nearly fell out of my chair. SHE JUST SAID YES?!

I jumped up on my feet and grabbed her face, kissing her forehead, then running to the door. “Thank you!” I yelled.

“Wait! Are you leaving?!”

“Yeah… I need to go,” I said, trying to contain my excitement. “Sweet dreams. Lock the door behind me. Bye! I’ll text you!”

I left the house and ran out to my car.

Gosh, I’m like a little middle school kid that just asked out his first crush…

 

I awoke from the dream, crying.

Friends my .

If my subconscious keeps on reminding me of all the old times, this new agreement will be really hard.

I sighed and leaned back into my pillow, wiping the tears from my eyes.

“Are you still going to date me, even if you aren’t trying to make him jealous anymore?” I heard Daesung ask through the wall, since his room was behind mine.

What? They were trying to make me jealous?

“One second, I’m going to put you on speaker,” he said. Of course you would put her on speaker phone…

I heard him hop on his squeaky bed.

“Can you hear me?” he asked.

“Yeah,” I heard her voice say. “Why am I on speaker?”

“I’m folding my clothes,” he laughed. “I can’t possibly do that and hold a phone at the same time.”

She laughed. “I guess you’re right…”

“But yeah… about that question: are you going to still date me?”

“I’m not kidding about me dating you…” she hesitated.

“Y-You aren’t?”

“No. I’m not. I was at first… but I’m not anymore…”

I sighed. I knew that it was too good to be true.

“I don’t go around just kissing guys I don’t like,” she chuckled.

“Well that’s a relief,” I mumbled a bit too loudly.

There was silence in the other room.

“I think I should go,” Daesung said finally. “Seung Hyun is listening to us I think.”

There wasn’t a response, so I assume that he took her off of speaker phone.

I sighed.

Like I said before, friends my .


Okay... just going to start out... I WANT DAESUNG TO KISS ME! I MEAN GOD HIS LIPS!!!

I MEAN LOOK AT THOSE LIPS!!!

Okay... enough fangirling... sorry... gosh he's so y... okay, I promise. I'll stop.

Secondly... I'm sorry TOP... I love you too... I really do! I just have to make someone the ex boyfriend and you got nominated this time. *sniff sniff*

 

 

Also, I need to make sure that to my current and future readers who may be 14, I am not portraying Olivia as the typical 14 year old... she is actually supposed to be my little sister... so if you are 14 and are reading this, I love you dearly and don't think you are annoying. ^.^

I hope to be updating soon! Comment, suggest, subscribe! *muah!* love you guys!

 

 

PS: Should I do more flashbacks? Or should I keep it mostly in the present??? You decide! =D