Chapter 10

You left me, so I went to him. Don't take it personally. (Hiatus)

FLASHBACK

(Sol Na’s POV)

The morning of the wedding Minji called Seung Hyun and told him that she was throwing up and probably wouldn't be able to go to the wedding with him.

Although I was sad for him because he really liked the younger girl, I was secretly cheering for joy.

"You should come with me," he demanded as I was attempting to do homework.

"What if I said no?" I asked.

"Then I would have to strip you down and force a dress on you," he told me with a smirk on his face.

"You know, if someone heard you say that, they might think that we're in a relationship," I said with a smirk, not looking up from my homework.

"Why would they think that? Don't best friends always say things like that?" he asked, sitting down next to me and putting his elbows on the table.

"Not typically, Seung Hyun," I mumbled.

"So are you going to come or not?" he asked.

"I have homework," I told him, motioning to the books in front of me.

"Oh come on," he said. "Take a risk."

I ignored him and continued to work.

I felt his face get closer to mine and my heart began to race. What is this idiot doing?

"Yah Choi Sol Na," he told me, "You are going to go to the wedding with me."

I looked at him. "No, I'm not. I would appreciate it if you left my house now."

He pouted and went over to my closet.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" I asked, trying to focus on my English, knowing it was due the next morning.

"I'm finding you a dress. I like that short cocktail one. You know the pink one with the sweetheart neckline? The one you wore to your birthday party last year." he asked.

"Yeah, I remember that one," I mumbled.

"Oh! Here it is!" he said, taking the dress out of my closet and laying it down on the chair next to me.

"What are you doing?" I asked again, running my hands through my hair in frustration.

He walked back to my closet and began rummaging through my shoes.

"What about those silver open-toed heels that you wore a couple months ago?" he asked.

"Why do you remember those shoes?" I questioned.

"Because I liked them," he said.

"Well then why don't you wear them? I don’t like heels."

"I would, but I don't think it will be smiled upon in this society,” he joked. “Besides, you look nice in heels."

I frowned as he brought the shoes over to the table and laid them by the dress.

"Come over at 5:30," he told me.

"And if I didn't?"

"I might just have to do what I told you earlier: strip you down and put the dress on you."

"Go away," I told him, standing up and pushing him out of my house.

"See ya in a couple hours," he smirked, then walked away.

"Cocky ," I mumbled under my breath.

I sighed and went to the table looking down at the dress. "Seung Hyun I hate you," I said grabbing the dress and going to get ready.
 


I knocked on his door around 5:25 and a very handsome Seung Hyun, wearing a very attractive suite, answered the door.

"I knew you would come, and you're five minutes early!" he exclaimed.

"I'm doing you a favor; don't think anything of it," I said, walking into the house, throwing my purse down on the counter.

"Oh don't worry, I wasn't."

"Where's your mom?" I asked, going to the kitchen and grabbing a water bottle out of the icebox.

"She went to go help with the set up. Now I realized why you came: you did it for my mother."

"You would be correct," I lied.

"Well whoever you did it for, I'm glad you did," he said, trying to put on his tie.

I sighed and went to do the cliché thing of helping him put on his tie.

"When are you going to learn how to put on a tie?"

"When you stop doing it for me," he mumbled.

I blushed and stopped tying his tie. "Fine, then you finish it," I told him. "I'm going to the bathroom."

 

(Seung Hyun's POV)

I chuckled as she walked to the bathroom.

I've always known how to do a tie, but the first time I put on a tie in front of her I fumbled because I was watching a movie, so I got distracted. And ever since then she assumed I didn't know how to do a tie because I always pretended not to.

I quickly did my tie and walked over to the ice box and grabbed a water.

"Yah, Choi Seung Hyun, what is this for?" I heard Sol Na ask as she walked from the bathroom.

Oh , I forgot to put that away...

"N-nothing," I mumbled.

"Is this a ?"

"You sound like my mother," I said, ripping the out of her hand and shoving it in my pocket.

"Yeah, it is. So what?"

"Who were you planning on using that with?" she asked.

"I had a date tonight, remember?" I smirked, pursing my lips.

"You were planning to have with Minji?" she squealed.

"Maybe, you never know where things lead some times. She's pretty irresistible sometimes," I told her.

She frowned. "Let's go."

I nodded and watched her grab her purse and leave the house, walking to my car.

I followed her out, locking the door and climbed in my car.

"Why are you so upset about this? It's not like I'm still a ..." I told her, gripping the steering wheel.

"I know," she said. "But I would wish that next time I'm not going to be some last minute replacement."

I sighed. "You're never a replacement..."

"Then ask me first next time. Don't ask a partner to go to a party and then come to me at the last second begging for me to go with you because they decided not to go at the last second."

I frowned. "You're right..." I told her sighing. "I know you'll always be there for me and I'll come to you first next time."

I looked up to her face and smiled lightly. "Call a truce?" I said, putting my hand out to hers.

She chuckled and shook my hand. "Truce."

I let out a sigh of relief and started the engine of the car. "You look nice by the way..."

"Thank you," she said softly.

"Beautiful even..."

She blushed. "Thanks..."

 

We arrived at the wedding ten minutes before it started and sat down next to my mother at the back.

“Oh Sol Na!” she exclaimed. “I’m so glad that you came.”

She hugged Sol Na and kissed her cheek. “I wouldn’t miss it for the world,” she said with a smile.

I rolled my eyes. Yeah right. I had to coerce her to come here…

 

It was a sweet wedding. My cousin, who was a paraplegic, meaning she is paralyzed from the waist down, was nearly thirty-five. One day this man accidentally ran into her wheelchair and pushed her into the street. He saved her and it was love at first sight… or that’s how the story goes anyhow. Now how true it is: I have no idea. But regardless, it was a nice story and cute to think about.

After the wedding was the partying. Obviously they couldn’t dance, but they did the best they could for their first dance. She stepped on his feet and he held her up and danced with her. I have to admit, it was really cute. Sol Na was busy being blubber lips and was crying the entire time, she and my mother that is. They really have a problem with crying for sweet occasions. Every book, every movie, every story, every anything that happens to be a little bit sweet starts those two crying all over the place.

“It’s not that sweet…” I lied.

“Shut up Seung Hyun,” she yelled, jabbing her heel into my foot, while she wiped her eyes.

As soon as their first dance was done with and my cousin was safely back in her wheel chair, the dance floor filled with other couples that were waiting to dance.

I glanced over at Sol Na and saw that she was tapping her feet to the beat of the music. I sighed. This girl has always loved to dance…

I myself was not a dancer. I couldn’t dance, at all, whatsoever. I rapped. I didn’t dance.

I sighed again, noticing her feet were getting more and more anxious.

“Do you want to dance?” I asked through my teeth. Why am I asking this? I hate dancing…

“But you don’t dance…” she said, hesitantly.

“I’ll forget that I can’t dance tonight. Do you want to dance?”

“Are you sure?”

“Sol Na, my offer won’t be here in five seconds…”

“Alright, alright. Yeah! I’d love to dance!”

I nodded with a smile and stood up, taking her hand to the dance floor.

We walked to the dance floor and I wrapped one arm around her waist and grabbed her hand with my other. She gently placed a hand on my shoulder and we began swaying to the music.

“You’ve been practicing,” she chuckled.

“Shut up…”

“I’m serious! You actually know how to hold a girl now… I remember the last time we danced you weren’t sure how to put your hands on a girls waist.”

“Yeah, yeah. Don’t rub it in.”

“It was cute,” she admitted.

I looked at her and flashed a smile.

“What was that grin for?” she asked.

“You called me cute,” I chuckled.

We both heard a snap and saw a flash. We turned our heads to see my mother taking a picture of the two of us. She lowered the camera and showed her smile.

“What are you doing?” Sol Na asked.

“It’s just a memorial thing. I want to be able to look at this picture twenty years from now and be able to tell your children that you guys adored each other from the very beginning.”

We both blushed. “We aren’t dating mother. We are like siblings, no thanks to you.”

“What? I did you a favor, taking her in. Don’t listen to him, Sol Na.”

“Go away mother,” I told her sternly.

She huffed and walked away.

Sol Na laughed. “I love that woman. She has no shame.”

“Good thing one of us loves her. It would be bad if both of her children didn’t like her,” I joked.

She shook her head and we continued to dance.

 

 At midnight, we drove home and as I walked her up to her front door she kissed me on the cheek.

“What was that for?” I asked her.

“You danced with me,” she smiled, showing her fabulous teeth.

“Wow, maybe I should dance with you more,” I chuckled.

She laughed and nodded, unlocking her door. “You looked handsome tonight,” she said.

“What, I don’t look handsome all the time?” I flirted.

“What, I don’t look beautiful all the time?” she mocked me from earlier. “Goodnight Seung Hyun.”

She slowly closed the door and batted her eye lashes at me.

“Wait!” I yelled at her, pushing the door open and kissing her cheek. “Now you may go. G’night Sol Na!”

The last thing I heard was the girl laughing from behind the closed door and the deadbolt lock shut.


So I realized that I haven't had a cute flashback in a long time... So I figured that it was time to do it again. Just a little background during their high school years. ^.^

Look how chubby he was during his school years!!! So cute!!! <33333

Aight, I'm leaving now.

Comment, suggest, subscribe!!! ^.^