VI

At Rainbow's End [on HIATUS]

 

"Sungmin"
 
 
Sungmin looked around him as he heard the sweet voice that he misses so much. He tried to get up, but he can't move any of his limbs. What happened to him? Last thing he remembered was that he was shot and was saved by two men from a erted guy. Is he dead?
 
 
"My son, I'm here."
 
 
Sungmin turned his head to the left side and saw his mother's image kneeling beside him. She still looks young. She still looks the same, just like the last time that Sungmin had seen her.
 
 
"Mother, I miss you."
 
 
Tears fell down his eyes as he remembered Leeteuk's story. He wanted to hug her and be inside her comforting arms again.
 
 
His mother slowly caressed his cheeks. "You need to wake up, Sungmin."
 
 
He shook his head. "No. I'm scared, Mother."
 
 
"I know. But you have to. Ryeowook and Donghae are waiting for you."
 
 
Sungmin lowered his gaze. "But I can't go home anymore. These people will kill me, just like what their fellow men in the past had done to you."
 
 
His mother shook her head and smiled at him. "Dear, what you hear would always not be the truth. Don't get fooled easily."
 
 
Sungmin furrowed his brows in confusion. "What do you mean, Mother?"
 
 
The Queen only smiled at him, and soon everything around Sungmin became dark. He tried to move his body and called for his mother, but nothing would come out of his mouth.
 
 
Kyuhyun stared at the sleeping angel in front of him. Sungmin is still unconscious even after they had successfully removed the bullet in his arm. He was glad that the wings disappeared after the angel fainted, making it easier for them to bring him to the nearest hospital. 
 
 
Everyone was asking who the beautiful man is, and Kyuhyun can only tell them his name. He can't help but feel something inside him boil whenever his crew would be enticed by the angel's beauty. He hated it.
 
 
Suddenly, he saw the angel stir in his deep sleep. He walked closer and observed him. When he saw that Sungmin was slowly opening his eyes, he can't help but sigh in relief and smile in happiness.
 
 
Sungmin looked around him and knitted his brows in confusion. "Where am I?"
 
 
"Glad that you are finally awake." Kyuhyun said as he heard the angel's voice. Sungmin looked at him, and those pair of blue orbs became filled with fear and confusion. Kyuhyun mentally cursed himself after seeing Sungmin's expression. "I am not going to hurt you. Trust me."
 
 
Sungmin sat up and he felt the room spin, but he endured it. He grabbed the blanket and wrapped it around him as Kyuhyun slowly approached him. He can't trust anyone. No one in this place could be trusted. People like Kyuhyun had killed and his mother. "D-don't. Stay where you are."
 
 
Kyuhyun felt a pang in his heart upon hearing Sungmin's scared voice. He wanted to hug him, but he knows that would just freak out the angel. He sighed and decided to just leave the angel alone for now.
 
 
"I'll leave you for a while. Do you want to eat anything?" Kyuhyun asked as he turned his back away from Sungmin. When there was no reply, he decided that it was really best if he would just leave him alone.
 
 
As soon as Kyuhyun left, Sungmin hugged both of his knees to his chest. "What should I do? I need to get out of here before Father finds out what happened."
 
 
But it was too late. The King had already found out and he was in rage. His study room was in a complete mess after he heard what happened to his eldest son. Ryeowook, who was about to look for Donghae, was dragged by the palace's guards with Leeteuk inside the King's study room. They both witness the King's fury and they did not dare speak any words.
 
 
"I told him to stay away from that place but he did not listen to me!" The King growled. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door, and soon a man came inside. He bowed down towards the King in respect.
 
 
"I heard what happened to my fiancée, Your Majesty."
 
 
Leeteuk and Ryeowook looked towards the man's direction and they both can't help but be stunned by how god-like the man looks. Is he Siwon, Sungmin's fiancée?
 
 
The King calmed down as he gestured for Siwon to stand up. "I'm sorry."
 
 
"You don't have to say sorry, Your Majesty. I actually came here to offer you my help. I wanted to get Sungmin back here." Siwon replied.
 
 
The King seemed to be pleased with Siwon's offer. "That is so nice of you, Siwon. You really are suited to be my son-in-law. You have all my permission in getting my eldest son back and to take him with you and do whatever you please."
 
 
Leeteuk widened his eyes and Ryeowook gasped upon hearing the King's decision. How can he do that to his own son? They both saw Siwon smirked and they both don't like what is about to happen to Sungmin in that man's hands. The two of them can only hope that Sungmin is safe and Siwon won't find him.
 
 
 
~*~*~
 
 
 
Sungmin was staring at the night sky when Eunhyuk opened the door. He faked a cough to get the angel's attention, and he smiled when he saw the latter looked at him.
 
 
"How are you?" Eunhyuk asked as he sat beside Sungmin. He looked at the sky with a smile still plastered on his face. "You miss your home, right?"
 
 
Sungmin remained quiet and just stared at Eunhyuk.
 
 
"Staring is rude, you know." Eunhyuk muttered and Sungmin immediately lowered his gaze. "I'm kidding."
 
 
Sungmin looked again at Eunhyuk and he can't help but feel at ease with the other's presence. Eunhyuk looked at him. "Kyuhyun is right. You really are beautiful. I can't believe that I'm losing this quickly against you."
 
 
Sungmin tilted his head in confusion, and Eunhyuk can't help but chuckled bitterly. "But I am someone who doesn't give up that easily, even though I know I'm going to have slim chance of winning Kyuhyun's heart."
 
 
"Why do you want his heart?" Sungmin asked in confusion that made Eunhyuk looked at him in surprise.
 
 
"You finally talk! Goodness! I thought you had gone mute after what happened to you." Eunhyuk exclaimed, trying to divert Sungmin's mind.
 
 
"You want his heart." Sungmin whispered innocently. His eyes suddenly lightened up when he realized something, making Eunhyuk nervous. "You like him, right?"
 
 
Eunhyuk was speechless. Okay, he meant to tell Sungmin to stay away from Kyuhyun. But not make him realized that he likes him. Jeez! Eunhyuk, you are an idiot! He can't help but think to himself.
 
 
"I'll help you." Sungmin is suddenly excited with the thought of being a matchmaker for someone.
 
"What?" Eunhyuk exclaimed in disbelief. This angel, who took Kyuhyun's heart, is offering to help him make Khyuhyun like him too?! Is he serious?
 
 
"B-but… Kyuhyun and I are both males." He tried to reason out, although that thought is killing him.
 
 
"So what? Even my little brother is secretly going out with a guy. Well, it's not a secret at all since they act so romantic in front of others, except in our father's presence." Sungmin giggled at the thought and Eunhyuk only blinked his eyes in amusement. "I am supposed to get married tomorrow to a guy I haven't met. I only know his name."
 
 
Sungmin turned his head as he heard Eunhyuk laughed. He wondered what made Eunhyuk laugh. He didn't say anything funny, right?
 
 
"Did I say something funny?" Sungmin wondered and continuously blink his eyes in confusion. Eunhyuk stopped laughing and looked at Sungmin.
 
 
"I'm starting to like you."
 
 
"But you said you like Kyuhyun." Sungmin pouted his lips.
 
 
Eunhyuk stared at Sungmin and slowly leaned his head towards the other and their faces were soon mere inches apart. Truly, the angel's beauty is breathtaking, especially this close. If he didn’t like Kyuhyun, maybe, just maybe he'll take this angel with him. Sungmin's cheeks were soon tinted with pink hue as they look at each other's eyes and Eunhyuk chuckled before pecking the angel's nose.
 
 
"What is going on here?"
 
 
They both turned their heads towards the door and saw the furious look on Kyuhyun's eyes.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
-----
 
(a/n) that's triple update for you, guys~~hehe ^^