IV

At Rainbow's End [on HIATUS]

 

Kyuhyun stared at the stars in the sky. He can't help but think about the beautiful angel that he had seen a month ago. He waited for the rainbow to appear again in the sky, but nothing happened. He went back to the place where he had first seen him, but it was worthless. Not even a trace was left by those angels.
 
 
But he won't give up. He will keep on waiting for the rainbow to appear again, even if Hyukjae thinks he's going crazy.
 
 
He dreamed about him many times. In his dreams, the beautiful angel was asking for his help. He was crying. And whenever Kyuhyun tries to reach him, the angel disappears.
 
 
Crazy as it may seem, Kyuhyun is sure that he has fallen in love with the beautiful angel. Never did it happen to him before. He is someone that won't take relationships seriously. His work would always be his priority. He promised himself that he won't let the angel go away once he sees him again.
 
 
"Thinking about your angel again?"
 
 
Kyuhyun hissed at Eunhyuk's remarks. He can sense that the latter is making fun of him again. "Mind your own business, monkey."
 
 
"Chill man! I came here to give you your cup of coffee." Eunhyuk replied coolly as he handed Kyuhyun his coffee and the latter took it without uttering any words. "Kyuhyun, I don't want to be rude or something, but no one in their sane minds would still believe that angels would make themselves visible in human's eyes, unless you are having a pure soul. In which I don't think you have. Those stories were just part of children's bed time story, dude."
 
 
Kyuhyun turned his head towards Eunhyuk's direction, and the latter swallowed upon seeing the rage in Kyuhyun's eyes. "I could still remember that I had told you to mind your own business. We are not friends, Hyukjae. So stop getting into my system."
 
 
"Okay! I'm sorry. I'm just trying to be friendly here." Eunhyuk said in defeat before sipping the cup of coffee in his hands. He doesn't have any plans in leaving Kyuhyun alone.
 
 
Although, Eunhyuk can't sometimes help but wonder if Kyuhyun's story is really true. Kyuhyun seemed to be always in a deep thought lately, and sometimes a weird smile appears on his face. He knows Kyuhyun is a playboy and got lots of girlfriends in the past, or maybe until now. It makes him think that the angel is just one of Kyuhyun's fantasies and he can still remember that the angel is a man. Did Kyuhyun changed his preferences and just used an angel as an excuse?
 
 
But what if Kyuhyun had really seen an angel and had fallen in love at first sight despite having same gender? That's ridiculous! He had been hiding something from Kyuhyun for a long time now for fear that the latter would be disgusted of him and would really get rid of him from his life.  He can accept that Kyuhyun treats him as a rival and enemy at work, but not kicking him out of his life if he finds out the truth.
 
 
"I wonder how it feels like to fall in love and give up everything for the one you love." Kyuhyun suddenly muttered as he kept his gaze towards the sky. 
 
 
Eunhyuk felt a pang in his heart. He chuckled as he tried to hide the pain he was feeling. "Here you are telling me to mind my own business."
 
 
"I am aware. So just shut your mouth." Kyuhyun replied sarcastically and start walking away.
 
 
"Hey! Where are you going?" Eunhyuk called out.
 
 
"You stink and I need some fresh air." Kyuhyun replied.
 
 
Eunhyuk was taken aback and after Kyuhyun was gone from his sight, he began to sniff himself. 
 
 
"I don't have any smell!" He yelled.
 
 
 
~*~*~
 
 
 
"Where are we?" 
 
 
Leeteuk asked as he scans their surroundings. Good thing, the moonlight is enough to make them see everything. They hid their wings and Sungmin removed his bracelet to make the rainbow disappear and give his father an idea that he came back to this place again.
 
 
"Why did you come with me? You should've not grabbed my arms." Sungmin asked back, anger apparent in his voice.
 
 
"I just wanted to make sure that you are safe." Leeteuk replied calmly.
 
 
"I am not a child anymore, hyung. I can stand on my own. I wanted to be free for only three days. Away from the King's rules; away from everything."
 
 
"Sungmin, the king will kill you if he finds out that you escaped again." 
 
 
"I don't care! Telling me to marry someone that I don't know is one way to kill me. I don't want to be married to someone that I don't love at all." Sungmin replied as he walked towards a tree. "You should go before Father finds out that you came here with me."
 
 
"I can't."
 
 
Sungmin turned to look at his cousin in confusion. "What do you mean you can't? Hyung, you can't stay here. I don't want you to be put in the dark cell because of me."
 
 
"I can't go back, okay. I don't know how to return to our world."
 
 
Then it dawned on Sungmin that Leeteuk doesn't have a bracelet that could send him back to their world. It would mean that his cousin would have to stay here with him for three days. If the King would find out, he is sure that Leeteuk's life would be put in danger. 
 
 
He decided that he will give Leeteuk his bracelet and would just ask him to tell Donghae or Ryeowook to come and fetch him after three days. He walked towards his cousin and handed him the bracelet. Leeteuk only looked at him in confusion.
 
 
"Take this and wear it around your right wrist. It will make you go back to our world. Then tell Donghae or Ryeowook to come for me before the wedding ceremony."
 
 
There was a moment of silence before Leeteuk gave the bracelet back to Sungmin. "I won't leave you alone here." 
 
 
"Hyung-"
 
 
"No! I am not going without you. I don't care if the King will cut my head off, but I'm staying with you. I came here with you, and I am leaving with you." Leeteuk said in a stern voice.
 
 
Sungmin's tears suddenly fell down his eyes and Leeteuk immediately wrapped him in his arms. "I'm sorry, hyung. I'm sorry for putting you in trouble."
 
 
"Shh. It's okay. Don't feel bad, okay? I won't leave you." Leeteuk replied as he Sungmin's back gently.
 
 
Without them knowing, someone had been listening to their conversations and watching their every move. He heard everything and he smirked as a plan suddenly came up to his mind.
 
 
"You'll be mine, Sungmin."