First Encounter

At Rainbow's End [on HIATUS]

 

A treasure hunter, that's what they call him. 
 
 
But for Cho Kyuhyun, his job is more than that. He can't deny the fact that he is also interested with those shining stones and lost treasures that can be found in the depths of the world. Who wouldn't, anyway?
 
 
But the things that he find on the ground that they had been digging is more precious to him than any other bar of gold and treasures he had seen. Artifacts, bones of dinosaurs, things that the 10th century men had used to conquer and survive the ever changing civilizations are what excite him most.
 
 
He loves his job. He had been curious to know everything about the past and uncover what lies beneath those things that he had found.
 
 
But right now, Kyuhyun was stuck in an unknown forest, all alone and his clothes were soaking wet after a heavy rainfall. He thought that today would be a sunny day and that the sky won't be crying hard when he decided to stroll around the place that they will soon be digging for any clues of the early civilization. But the weather is just too unpredictable. He is lost and he needed to go back to his cottage, where his team had been staying.
 
 
He started to look for any signs that would lead him out of the forest. Cold wind suddenly blew around him and he shivered. He hugged his chest and he soon heard the sound of a heavy flow of water in a distant. He smiled after realizing that he's heading towards a waterfall. He is thirsty and he needed something to quench his thirst.
 
 
He hurriedly ran towards the waterfall and he can't help but admire the beauty of nature around him as he finally arrived at his destination. Sounds of birds chirping and the water flowing relaxes his tired muscle. He felt free and he spread his arms as he deeply inhaled the scent of dew around him.
 
 
A giggling sound woke him up from his senses. He scanned his surroundings to look for any signs of other people's presence. But he had seen none. 
 
 
Instead, he saw a rainbow. And that rainbow's end leads to the other part of the river. He suddenly remembered an old saying.
 
 
They say that you will find a pot of gold at every rainbow's end.
 
 
He chuckled. Of course that does not mean in a literal way. But something was telling him to go to the place where the rainbow's end could be seen.
 
 
Is there really a pot of gold there? Will I find one? Or is it more than that?
 
 
Kyuhyun thought as he kept staring at the end of the rainbow. What will he find? Will he find some treasures? Will he find some clues about the things that they had come here for? There is nothing to lose anyway. So he decided to just follow where the rainbow was leading him to.
 
 
He paused on his tracks when he heard some laughter near him. There were voices of men. He's not alone after all. That realization gave him hope.
 
 
"Ryeowook! Yesung! Will you two stop flirting?"
 
 
Kyuhyun smiled in relief after hearing those familiar words. So the people living here speak his language too. He won't have any difficulty in asking for their help in finding his way back to the cottage.
 
 
He quickened his pace and followed the sounds of the laughter. When he felt like he was near, he paused and pushed some branches of the trees away from his path.
 
 
Finally he caught sight of the river where six males have been playfully splashing waters towards one another. The sounds of their laughter were mixed with the sound of running waters. The men looked so youthful and carefree. They seemed not to care about their surroundings and what lies ahead in this unknown forest that Kyuhyun had been stuck into. Their skins were all glowing, (not in a vampire-kind-of glow) and for Kyuhyun, it doesn't look normal at all. Plus, they have an exceptional beauty, or charm, whatever you may call it.
 
 
But someone caught his eyes. Someone who was only sitting at a rock and watching what the six men were doing with a soft smile on his face. Once Kyuhyun examined the man's look in a distance, he was immediately captivated. It's the first time that Kyuhyun had ever seen a beauty like him. He was breathtaking. In fact, he's more beautiful than the other six men playing in the water. The beauty was wearing an almost see through silky white robe that made Kyuhyun's breath hitched in his throat as he saw how the beauty's body was curved perfectly. 
 
 
Beautiful seemed to be an understatement for someone like him. If there is a word more than that, Kyuhyun is sure that the man defines it. 
 
 
Kyuhyun noticed that the rainbow had end at where the man was sitting. What is he? Kyuhyun's curiosity to know the man builds up in him, forgetting his real intentions to ask for help. He wanted to know who that beautiful man is. What is his name? Where did he come from?
 
 
The beautiful man lifted his head up and looked at the almost fading rainbow in the sky. He frowned and that made Kyuhyun's heart tumbled down on the ground. Why is he perfectly cute all of a sudden?
 
 
"I'm afraid we had to go."
 
 
His voice is a perfect melody to Kyuhyun's ears.
 
 
Wait! They are leaving? To where? He can't let this beauty go without getting to know him.
 
 
Without a second thought, Kyuhyun decided to follow where these men were heading.
 
 
"But hyung-"
 
 
"No buts, Wookie. We have to go home now before the rainbow vanishes in the sky. We don't want Father to punish us again for escaping, do we?"
 
 
"Fine! But you must promise us that we'll come back here next time the rainbow appears." The smaller man, named Wookie, replied.
 
 
One of the men suddenly looked towards Kyuhyun's direction, and Kyuhyun managed to hide behind the tree before the man could see him.
 
 
"What is it, Donghae?" The beauty suddenly asked.
 
 
Donghae shook his head in reply before hurriedly going towards the beauty's direction. "Nothing hyung."
 
 
"Are you sure?"
 
 
"Honestly, I can sense that a human is near us." Donghae replied, earning some horrified looks from the other guys.
 
 
"We better get out of here, then, before one of the inhabitants of this place finds out about us."
 
 
They all nodded and grabbed their colorful, almost see through, robes and wear it. Donghae looked around again. Realizing that no one was in sight, they went to the grassy ground and grabbed something and wore it on their wrist. Then something unbelievable happened that made Kyuhyun's jaw dropped to the ground in shock.
 
 
The seven men's bracelet shone brightly and soon a pair of wings appeared in each of their backs. They spread their wings and flew above the rainbow. Soon, the rainbow disappeared as well as the seven men.
 
 
What are they?