Moving On

Mr. Bratty Ghost

a/n: before you read, let's all greet our EXO maknae a happy birthday!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SEHUNNIE!!!!!!

okay, you can read now... XP


“I want to go ride the roller coaster!’ Chanyeol pointed at the huge ride darting in rails in Lord knows how fast every second. “Oh! I also want to ride on those boats! And the dragon thingy! And I want to go the Horror house!” he jumped up and down excitedly, tugging at Anya’s hand.

“Don’t you have enough horror on your face, Yeol?” Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “What do you want to ride next, Tao?”

Tao looked longingly at the hotdog stand. “I’m hungry.”

Sehun laughed. “I would have gotten you something to eat, buddy, but I can’t. I’ll tell you where they serve the best ddukboki in this place though. A friend of mine drag me there a lot whenever we come here.”

“I’m hungry too, hyung! Let’s go eat!” Chanyeol suggested instead. “Mama, I want some ice cream.”

“Ice cream doesn’t count for lunch, Yeol. But fine, we’ll go get something to eat first. And then we’ll go for the rides. Okay?” Anya said and lead them down towards a small restaurant just outside the amusement park.

“Can we visit the zoo after, Mama? I want to see the pandas!” Tao squealed.

“Of course. You’ve all been good so I’m taking you anywhere you want to go today.” Anya laughed at the kids happy laughter.

“I’m sure glad that Sehun-hyung suggested we go outside today! I can’t wait to ride that roller coaster.” Chanyeol sighed as they all settled on an empty booth.

Anya went to get their orders on the counter as the kids talked excitedly about what to ride next and their pending trip to the zoo. The day is just starting and Sehun is already enjoying himself, even if he would give anything to be able to play with the kids physically.

People were milling around the small restaurant, Sehun kept watch at the children and absentmindedly scanned the patrons filling the place. He was just about to tell Chanyeol to stop tapping the glass window before it breaks when a familiar gold head took his attention.

It was Kris. And he wasn’t alone.

Sehun whirled around to where Anya was, to try and divert her attention. She’s just starting getting back on her feet again. If she saw Kris now, Sehun doesn’t know how broken she will further be.

But he was too late. Anya was already getting back to their booth and saw Kris through the glass walls of the restaurant. If Kris was alone, or with someone guy friends, maybe it would have turned out better. But Kris had his arms around some girl, who was wearing far less clothing than acceptable in public, and they were laughing flirtatiously as the passed by.

Sehun could only watch as color drained from Anya’s face. He had half the mind to go out and punch Kris if he could but Anya needed him now.

“Hey, ignore him, Anya. Come on, the kids are waiting.” Sehun purposely blocked Anya’s view of Kris. A useless move since he’s practically translucent and she could still Kris through him.

Anya kept staring though, Sehun a little alarmed at her stoic expression. The absence of emotion on her face is harder to handle than her tears. When he turned around though, he understand why she as keeping such a look on her face.

Kris saw her looking at him and the girl. And the Adonis bastard paled like a ghost, shock and panic evident on his face before he disappeared from view.

“Let’s go. I can hear Chanyeol’s stomach from here.” Anya’s cold tone snapped Sehun from cursing Kris inside his head.

Sehun cringed at the cheerful face Anya put on when she got back to the booth, talking to her kids as if nothing was wrong. As if her heart was not broken into pieces once more.

“Mama, I heard there’s fireworks tonight! Can we please watch it?” Chanyeol pleaded.

“How did you even know these things?” Anya chuckled.

“Baekhyun-hyung told me! Please, Mama? Let’s stay and watch it! Pretty please!” Chanyeol made the sweetest pleading look he could muster.

“Yah!” Baekhyun hissed, seeming to reprimand his brother, but he looked at their mother pleadingly too, silently asking her to agree.

Anya looked at the two oldest kids with a soft smile. “I did say we can do anything you want…”

Chanyeol and Baekhyun pumped their fists in the air, whooping loudly until Anya hushed them because the waiters and cashier were giving them reprimanding looks.

Sehun felt the thick air settle a bit and just when he thought that Anya could actually handle herself after what she saw earlier, his bubble was burst.

“Anya… can we talk?” a deep voice said, making the chatter on the table stop.

It was Kris. With forlorn and plea evident on his face.

Sehun clenched his fist so tight. How come this bastard is still able to face Anya after his little stunt earlier. He started to retaliate and tell Anya to ignore the man, like he deserve, but Anya just nodded and got up.

“Finish your food quietly, okay?” she murmured to the kids and looked at Sehun, “Stay here.” she said, making it look like she was still talking to the kids.

Sehun nodded and only watch grudgingly as Anya went out of the restaurant with Kris following behind her. He thought that Anya would either burst out crying or make a scene once they were out of the restaurant, but she did neither.

Anya just talked to Kris, who’s face was clearly filled with regret. Anya looked calm though, words coming out of as steady as a stream. At one point Kris held onto Anya’s hand and the girl didn’t push him away. He said something, and Sehun could see how desperate he was. Anya gave him a sad smile though and slowly made him let go of her hand.

Going on her tiptoes, Anya gave Kris a light kiss on the cheek and went back inside the restaurant. Sehun watched as Kris, with his head hanging limply and in defeat, walk away after one last longing glance at Anya.

Anya on the other hand kept her happy façade around her children as the three finished their food up, though a little bit quieter than before.

“Mama… are you okay?” Tao asked in his small voice.

Anya smiled at Tao, “Yes, honey. I’ll be fine. Just fine.” she said. A moment later, she excused herself from the table.

Sehun could see Baekhyun’s nearly teary eyes and decided to take matters on his hands for the meantime. They were just kids, and no matter how mature they were for their age, it’s still something they don’t fully understand. He doesn’t either, but at least he’s got some idea about what heartache is.

“I’ll go follow her.” Sehun gave the three a reassuring smile and followed Anya.

Sure, it was the ladies room, but Sehun doesn’t care. It’s not as if someone’s there to see him.

Anya was hugging herself as she sat on an empty cubicle, her muffled sobs still audible in the empty comfort room. It wasn’t hard for Sehun to locate where she was but this time he decided that no matter how much he wants to comfort her, she needed time to be alone.

He waited for a few minutes before he spoke.

“Are you okay?”

“Just fine and dandy.” comes Anya’s reply. Her voice was a little bit hoarse and she’s still sniffing. Her words were trembly and she was anything but okay.

“Do you want to talk about it?” Sehun asked, his back pressed on the cubicle door.

There was a bit of silence as Anya’s sobs faded into little sniffs.

“He said that they all meant nothing to him. That he really love me. And I believe him, you know.” Sehun just listened, feeling Anya’s pain with each word. “I could see in his eyes that he really does love me.”

“If he does… then why did he do those things?” Sehun tried hard not to be obviously furious.

“He said that he’s just a man. And he’s got needs.” Sehun rolled his eyes at this, typical excuses. “He respects me so much that he didn’t want to push me to something I didn’t want to do.”

“And you believed him?”

“Yes.” Anya sighed. “And I told him that I’m sorry for strapping him down in this kind of relationship. That because I couldn’t give him what he wanted, he ended up breaking someone’s heart and trust.”

How can you be so kindhearted, Anya? Sehun thought.

“I broke up everything with him. So he can do what he wants and don’t feel guilty afterwards. He said he regret breaking my heart and promised to stop his acts, for me. But I told him that it won’t work and we’ll end up hurting each other again and again. It’s just not right. So… I decided to finally let him go.”

Sehun sighed as Anya started crying softly again. “You did the right thing. Not only for him, but for yourself.” he said. “You are strong, Anya. And I believe that you are going to be fine.”

A soft thank you from Anya and Sehun knew that she’d finally start moving on. This time, she just might make it. And he’s going to be there to see it through too.

A few minutes later, Anya went out of the cubicle. She washed her face and tried to fix the red swollen eyes. Once she felt like she look decent again, she faced Sehun.

“You look like a mess.” Sehun teased.

“Are you allowed inside the ladies’ room? ?” Anya shot back, clearly feeling a little bit better. “But hey… if it weren’t for you…” she smiled softly. “Thanks. Thank you, Oh Sehun.”

Sehun felt something warm inside his chest. “I made a promise. And besides, I can’t just watch you sulk all day. You still need to help me get back.”

Anya chuckled. They stood there, looking at each other, and Sehun doesn’t know why he feels comfortable just being like this with her. And inside the ladies’ room for that matter!

“I think we should go…” Sehun muttered but he didn’t make a move to get out of the small comfort room. And neither did Anya.

“I think so too…” Anya replied and after a few moments, she gestured for them to go outside, turning and walking back towards the door.

Sehun had this sudden feeling that he couldn’t even help himself. He doesn’t even know what had gotten into him, he just did what he felt like doing.

“Hey, Anya…” he called out.

When Anya turned, she was met by a soft brush of lips on her forehead. Before she could react though, Sehun was already floating away with a wicked smile on his face.

“See you later at the fireworks show…, ghost girl.” Sehun grinned as he slipped out of the comfort room.

“You brat…” Anya could only say.

Sehun noticed how pink her cheeks was.

And what’s with the butterflies inside his stomach??



“Hey there, lover boy!” Suho gave Sehun a hard pat on the back that sent the younger one reeling.

“What the… yah! That hurts actually, you know!” Sehun growled.

Suho only laughed. “Honestly, I never took you for someone who’ll be so cheesy! A kiss on the forehead? Really?”

Sehun could feel his face go warm. “It’s not… just forget it, alright?! I don’t even know what came over me! Ugh! This is just so awkward…” he groaned.

Suho chuckled. “You know… you finally found it. But I guess you still don’t what it was.”

“Not with your cryptic words, again, Suho.” Sehun scoffed. “But it doesn’t matter… because I actually found something that…makes me happy… happier than even before when I was still alive. I never felt this feeling of being contented before…” he let himself break into a smile, just because this lightness he feels inside is making him do so… “It’s quite ironic that I found this kind of contentment now that I’m practically half-dead. How am I even living such an empty life before?”

“You’ve changed, Sehun.”

“And is it bad?” Sehun looked at Suho, searching the other’s face but coming up blank because his guardian only gave him that radiant smile he always have.

“Nope. Definitely not bad. And I’m happy that even with my cryptic words, you managed to find yourself what you’ve been looking for all this while.”

“And that is?” Sehun asked eagerly. Will he finally be able to get back to his body?

He can’t wait any longer! Just imagining spending time, playing with the three kids, or finally able to talk and tease Luhan face to face, and not to mention being able to actually touch Anya without feeling drained the next second, is making him want to hasten whatever process it is so he can come back.

“You will see.” Suho laughed at Sehun’s eager face. “But for now, aren’t you going to be late for your little date?”

“Yah! It’s not a date!” Sehun protested, feeling the fluttering feeling again inside his stomach.

He let himself be pushed towards the place where he was to meet Anya and her kids though. And he couldn’t help the smile on his face even if her felt like his cheeks were going to be ripped in two.

For the first time since he can remember, he felt warm.
 


a/n: wahh... it took me 13 freaking days to update again... Oh.em.gee... XP

but even so, i managed... haha...

and the little kiss there was because it's our maknae's special day... :)

just a little heads up...this fic will soon be closing... and i think by Luhan's birthday, i will be able to conclude my little story...

more updates in the next 20 hours... hahaha...