Epilogue

Mr. Bratty Ghost

a/n: this is it!


He watched as the girl outside small café craned her neck to the right and left, worry clear on her face. She was waiting for a taxi and had been outside for almost twenty minutes now. He doesn’t even know why he bothered himself with looking out for her, he doesn’t know her.

“Hey! What are you looking at?” his friend asked. “Or rather, who are you looking at?”

He scoffed and playfully slapped his friend, telling him that it was nothing. He kept his eyes on the girl though.

Something about her shoulder-length hair seems familiar. As if he’d seen her somewhere before, but just can’t remember where or when.

“You know what? Why don’t you just go out and ask for her name? In that way you wouldn’t be ogling her like some sort of a stalker.” his friend sighed exasperatedly.

“I am not ogling! Shut up.” he rolled his eyes. “It’s just that… she seems familiar. Like I’ve seen her before.” he mused, looking back at the girl again.

It’s pouring outside but the girl doesn’t seem to mind getting wet. She was almost out of the covered walk, craning her neck to get a taxi. Honestly, what could be that important that she just had to get there as fast as possible? If he was her, he’d  wait for the rain to let up a bit rather than risk getting sick. Surely, wherever she wanted to go, it can wait.

Sighing, he got up from his chair and went out, his umbrella in hand. He can’t believe that he’s actually about to do this. And it’s to a complete stranger too!

He stood beside the girl and opened the umbrella, holding it above her.

The girl was surprised and looked at him suspiciously.

“I…” what’s he going to tell her now? That he just wanted to stop her from getting soaked by the rain because it’s stupid getting sick just because of something that might not be a life or death situation? Heck, they are complete strangers. That’s just awkward!

“Uhm, I don’t mean to be rude but… do I know you?” the girl frowned.

He sighed. “I don’t think so. But see,… I’ve been watching you from inside and I just thought that it’s kind of stupid to get yourself soaked by the rain just because you’re so desperate to hail a cab.”

She raised a brow at him.

“I usually don’t do this to strangers but…” you just look familiar and I couldn’t help myself. But he didn’t say those last words.

After a while, the girl seemed to relax a bit, looking at him. “Well… thank you for your concern.”

He shrugged and they were silent for a few minutes. Still, there was no available taxi passing by. “Why are you in hurry, anyway? Not that I’m prying!” he quickly defended. “But I just wondered what could be so important that you’d risk getting sick just to go there.”

The girl let out a small smile. “I’m actually kind of late with picking up my kids. That’s why I’m in a hurry.”

“Kids?” he looked at the girl, a bit disbelieving. She seemed to be his age. She has kids already?

“Yeah. I was supposed to pick them up from the dojo downtown but the rain’s pouring and there’s no taxi. I’m a bit worried.” she sighed.

“Dojo? Just how old are your kids? You don’t seem to be older than I am.” he mused.

“The youngest is turning seven in a few months. And the older two are going to be eight.”

What? He gave the girl a ‘really?’ kind of look, which the girl just smiled at .

“I have adopted children.” she said. “Why am I telling you this, anyway? I don’t even know you!” she exclaimed, though goodheartedly.

He laughed. “Believe me. I don’t even know why I went out and just held my umbrella out for you.”

They both look at each other with small disbelieving look on their faces.

“I’m Oh Sehun.” he introduced himself, holding a hand.

“Jang Anya.” she replied, shaking his hand, smiling even wider as the warmth from him transferred to her skin at the contact.


***

Suho watched as the two continued to talk to each other, with looks of familiarity both present in their eyes. He smiled contentedly.

“Well, I guess giving up half of your life span is worth it then?” Xiumin asked.

Suho nodded thoughtfully. He remembers how the higher ups gave him bewildered looks when he said that he’d give his life energy just so Sehun could go back to his body instead of moving on to the next life. He just couldn’t bear that thought of letting Sehun die for good when he knew that the boy clearly would have done everything to be with Anya and her family.

Since Sehun had technically fulfilled the mission he had within the 100 day period, he was supposed to be allowed back. If he had not given up his life so Anya could survive, Sehun would have definitely gone back.

But fate had a different plan for Sehun and so Suho interfered. So this is the result. Suho was temporarily relieved from being a guardian for the next ten years, or technically nine since it had been a year since he made the bargain with the higher ups for Sehun.

They were actually worried that Suho would give his remaining life energy to his next charge if something similar had happened.

And looking at how Sehun and Anya were looking at each other, it make him feel that his sacrifice was so worth it.

“Why don’t they remember each other then? I mean, I get it that souls were not supposed to remember their time as they stay in the spirit dimension. But the girl doesn’t remember either…” Xiumin mused.

Suho let out a chuckle. “It’s because Sehun had wished for Anya, and whoever he had had contact with, to not remember him once he’s gone.”

“What? Why is that?” Xiumin asked, his eyes going as round as his face.

“Because he doesn’t want for Anya, or the others, to feel loss. He knew that he had been too attached and that the people he knew while in the state of being a floating spirit, had been attached to him as well. He was selfless enough to wish for them not to remember him. And got hurt in the process.”

“Wow… that was some big decision. If he hadn’t wished for that then the girl would have been able to remember him.”

“That is why I kept on hanging around here. To make sure that they will meet again.”

Xiumin scoffed. “Wasn’t giving up your life energy and fulfilling his wish a bit too much? How can you give Sehun everything?”

Suho watched as a taxi finally pulled over and Sehun helped Anya inside. The two were blushing even with the cold rain pouring above their heads with the umbrella protecting them. Sehun handed the umbrella to Anya. Of course, Anya refused but Sehun insisted. They exchanged phone numbers so Anya could give the umbrella back. And Suho could only laugh at the cute sight.

“Because I promised myself that I would help a lost soul find the meaning in their life. At least one in my long and never-ending existence.”

And now, as Sehun got teased by his friend Jongin for making a ‘smooth’ move, Suho knows that everything he had given up so Sehun could live and have his shot at life, is worth it.

“Let’s go. I’ve done my part and my mission is fulfilled.” Suho patted Xiumin.

And they both spread their wings and flew into the heavens.
 


Suho: So, Sehunnie, what are you going to say?

Sehun: (grumbling) whatever...

Kai: (snickers) whipped!

***

a/n: it's finally finished!! kyaahhh... i know it's kinda lame but it's finished, so whatevah!!!

to all those who read the story, to the subscribers, and everyone who wasted time reading this lameness, YOU ARE ALL AWESOME! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! i can't believe how lucky i am that i have you guyz (though i don't know you! but still!!!!)

so yeah... i had fun writing this, and i hope you had fun reading.

read my other stories to, ahra?? hehe

see you around!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUHAN!!!