Oh Sehun

Mr. Bratty Ghost

a/n: might be a little bit angstsy... just a teeny weeny bit, don't expect so much...(just saying :i)

HOPE YOU ENJOY!


“So… he’d been in this state for more than 2 months but he doesn’t know why? And he doesn’t know how to go back to his body?”

Sehun watched as Luhan’s forehead creased. He poked Luhan’s cheek repeatedly, smirking as the other boy rubbed his cheek ever so often after Sehun poked him.

“Stop that, brat.” Anya glared.

“Make me.” Sehun taunted.

“Ugh, why did I even agree to helping you?” Anya groaned.

Luhan patted Anya’s shoulder. “I told you not to take that oath, Anya. Now you’re stuck with this ghost until you help him go over.”

“I am not going over! I’m coming back, Deer Eyes! Get your facts straight!” Sehun frowned, poking Luhan everywhere.

Luhan shivered as goosebumps stated appearing on his skin. “Yah, what is he doing?”

Anya pinched the bridge of her nose. “Stop doing that or Luhan won’t be able to help you. He’s the only one who knows how these spells work. So don’t piss him off.”

Sehun stopped. “Deer Eyes is also a witch?”

Anya just scowled. Sehun shrugged, taking Anya’s reaction as a ‘no’. He then started floating around and around the room.

“I don’t really know how to help him. I deal with lost souls, not people in coma.” Luhan whined. “There’s nothing on these books, Anya.”

“Hey, brat. You heard Luhan. We can’t help you.” Anya called.

Sehun ignored her. “You will help me. We have a deal.”

“I don’t know how to help you, alright? We are clairvoyants, not people who create miracles. If you’re dead, then that’s it.”

Sehun turned and floated towards Anya so fast the girl nearly fell from the chair she was sitting in. “I am not dead yet! I will not die! You WILL help me.”

Sehun can feel his heart beat with rage. He can’t die. He’s too young to die.

Books started quivering on their shelves as Sehun’s temper rose.

“Please… calm down.” Anya pleaded.

Sehun realized what was happening and immediately floated away from the startled Anya. He kinds of regret putting fear in her face.

“I’m sorry.” Sehun muttered. “I didn’t mean to scare you. I was just…”

“I get it. You don’t want to die.” Anya sighed. “But I’m being honest with you. I don’t really have a clue how to help you. I have dealt with many souls before but none of them had the same case as yours. Don’t you have a clue or anything? As to why you can’t go back to your own body?”

Sehun felt like sulking. “A…a spirit told me something once.” he admitted. But he can’t mention Suho. It’s some kind of an unspoken rule that Sehun is forbidden to talk about Suho, especially among the living.

“What? What did it say?” Anya asked, interested.

“That I can only go back once I found something that would make me want to live again… or give life up altogether.”

Anya frowned. “Well, isn’t that just something funny? You do want to live so badly. Why can’t you just go back?”

Sehun shrugged. “I don’t know. I told him that but all he gave me was that stupid smile he got.”

Anya sighed. “I don’t really have any idea how to help you, brat.”

“How about we start from visiting his body? I mean, at least we can be sure that he’s not a delusional soul who thinks he’s just in a coma.” Luhan suggested.

“I am not delusional!” Sehun started running his hands through Luhan’s face as if he want to pinch him hard in frustration. “Why won’t you believe anything I say?!” he growled.

Sehun grudgingly told the duo the hospital he was confined in. He doesn’t really mind showing them where his body is lying lifeless like a doll. It’s just that he hates the feeling of looking at his own body and being near it but can’t go back and live his life. No matter how dull his life is, it’s still his own. And he never thought he’d miss it.

“Aren’t you coming in?” Anya asked.

Sehun kept his stance beside the door leading to his hospital room. “It’s not as if something will change if I see my body. I’ll stay here.”

He missed the sympathetic look Anya gave him before going inside.

“Uh, hello.” a woman’s tired voice greeted Anya and Luhan when they came in.

Sehun’s eyes widened when he heard that voice. It had been long since he had met that woman and he never expect her to be on his hospital room. He quickly followed into the room to confirm if it was indeed the woman he thought it was.

And she was there. His mother.

“Hello, ma’am. My name is Jang Anya. I’m…”Anya looked at Sehun, a slightly panicked look on her face.

Well, Sehun did tell her and Luhan that no one visits him except for his friend, Jongin, the one he saved.

“What?” Sehun frowned.

“What’syournameagain?” Anya muttered under her breath.

“What?” Sehun raised a brow. “I didn’t hear you.”

“We’re Sehun’s friends, ma’am. My name is Luhan.” Luhan smiled charmingly at the woman, hoping that she won’t notice Anya’s weird mutterings. “We came to visit.”

The woman cast a suspicious look at Anya who smiled greasily in return.

“Really?” the woman asked.

“Yes, we are ma’am. We’re Sehun’s friends.” Anya nodded her head eagerly.

Sehun scoffed. “You didn’t even remember my name, ghost girl. You’re such a fail.”

“Shut up, brat.” Anya muttered behind her wide smile.

“Oh well, I’m Mrs. Oh, Sehun’s mom.” the woman bowed a little. “Forgive me but I don’t really know many of my son’s friends.”

“More like you don’t even bother if I do have one or not.” Sehun clucked his tongue.

“It’s alright, Mrs. Oh. We just dropped by to see if there’s any changes on Sehun. We haven’t visited in a while.” Luhan said.

“Wow, Deer Eyes is a good liar.” Sehun mused.

Mrs. Oh sighed heavily. “He’s stable, but no matter what the doctor’s do, he won’t wake up. They said that maybe it’s because of the terrible blow to his head.” there were tears forming on her eyes, “I don’t really know what to do. The doctors actually said that there’s a big possibility that he won’t wake up.”

Sehun felt something tug at his chest. Sure, his relationship with his parents had never been that good ever since he can remember, but something about seeing his mom’s eyes moisten because of the state he was in made him think that maybe, just maybe, his relationship with his parents could still be salvaged.

When Anya handed her handkerchief to Mrs. Oh as if they had not just met a few minutes before, Sehun is undeniably surprised. Mrs. Oh is never an emotional person, even if she’s a woman. And she was never to accept even the slightest favors from anybody, even from her husband.

“Everything will be alright, Mrs. Oh. Don’t lose hope. Oh Sehun is a stubborn brat and I’m sure he’s doing everything to come back.” Anya smiled.

Mrs. Oh gave Anya a bewildered look before taking the handkerchief and wiping the tears that had escaped her eyes without her knowing. “Thank you. To be honest, I don’t really know my son. All I know is he hates me and his father for neglecting him. I’ve never been a good parent, and I hope…I pray that he would wake up soon. Even if he continues hating us, I would settle with that. If he would just wake up…”

Sehun couldn’t take the feelings surging inside him and hurriedly left the hospital.

Why does his parents care now? They never cared before? How many fist fights had he got into? Ending up in hospitals with a broken nose or fractured bones?

They never cared! Not even a phone call. Why change now?

“Are you okay?”

The voice is far too familiar now that Sehun doesn’t even turn to know who it is.

“Are you done? Let’s go back.” he replied, looking intently at the leaves swaying in the breeze. How he longs to feel the wind on his face again. To feel anything but the constant cold enveloping his whole being.

“Hey, brat… I know we just met and all, but if you want to talk to someone, you can always talk to me.”

“As if there’s someone else who can see me. I don’t really have a choice, right?” Sehun replied sarcastically.

“Yah, I’m just trying to help here.”

He could hear the pout forming on Anya’s face. He then turned and sure enough, the girl is was scowling at him.

“See here, ghost girl, I‘ll put down some rules too. Stick to the thing I need help from you with. And that’s helping me with going back to my body. Don‘t bother about my own personal life because it‘s a different story altogether. Just that, and I would stick to my deal with you.” he smirked. “Besides, you can’t even manage your own life. I don’t think talking to you with mine would be fruitful.”

Anya’s jaw hanged and an incredulous look on her face appeared.

“Why you little… I can manage my own life, thank you very much!” Anya huffed indignantly.

“Yeah right! Says the one who nearly killed herself from hypothermia because of a bad break up.” Sehun rolled his eyes.

“Shut up!” Anya glared and turned, walking away from Sehun.

Sehun kept on bugging Anya until they all got home from the hospital. Luhan apparently ‘interviewed’ Sehun’s mom, something Sehun doesn’t really know how Luhan had managed. But that doesn’t really matter because Sehun’s mom doesn’t really know Sehun that much and so they were all back to checking ancient looking books since they don’t really know how to begin helping Sehun get back to his body but for research.

Sehun didn’t know what else to do so he hovered over the kids as they did their homework, pointing out mistakes (Chanyeol’s), some overly-detailed answers (Baekhyun’s), and some drawing that he can’t even start to make out (Tao’s).

“You’re pretty good with kids.”

Sehun turned towards Anya who was giving him small smile. The three kids were all drawing things on the floor, Luhan desperately saving his old books from being filled with mindless doodling.

“I am?” Sehun asked, more to himself. He never thought he’d be good with kids. It’s actually the first time that he gets to spend time with kids since even thinking of hanging out and taking care of them is a scary thing for him. When he thinks of kids, the images he gets are messy tear-strained faces, how kids fly all over the place like tornadoes out of control, and how they cry on almost anything. And that kids smell because they don’t know how to properly take care of their businesses.

“Yeah. Did you spend a lot of time around kids?” Anya asked.

“No. I’m an only child. Truth to be told, I don’t really like kids. I have no experience with them growing up since I was home schooled until I was in my third year of middle school and  even then, I didn’t really like kids, my age or not. Only Jongin was insane enough to befriend someone like me.” Sehun looked at the three kids who were now running away from Luhan, Baekhyun clutching a thick red book in the air as his other two brothers run with him, laughing like crazies.

A pained smile appeared on Sehun’s lips. How he wished he had a better childhood memories.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t know you had a tough childhood.” Anya said in a soft voice. “I thought that you’re one of those typical rich brats who always wants things their way. I guess you’re kind of a different brat.”

Sehun scoffed lightly before turning back towards Anya. “Nope. I am one of those typical brats. So hurry up and figure this out so I can go back to my life.”
Anya rolled her eyes exasperatedly but smiled at Sehun nonetheless before helping Luhan with the kids.

“You know, you already found some pieces of the puzzle. You‘re getting there, Sehun.”

Sehun snapped his head and was met by glowing Suho, with his big smile and angelic face.

“Yah, my Guardian who is always a fail, you showed up finally!” Sehun greeted. He would have scowled, but he just feel like not grilling his MIA of a Guardian today.

“Hey! I was here the whole time, you just didn’t notice me because you were busy.” Suho grinned.

Sehun rolled his eyes. “So, are you here to tell me that you’re finally going to let me get back to my body?”

“Nope. You may have some pieces of the puzzle, but you still don’t see the whole picture. Everything can still change. I just hope that you see it sooner than later.”

“Stop talking in cryptic words, dang it!” Sehun whined. “Just tell me what I have to do so I can get back to my life, Suho!”

“The journey is more satisfying than the destination, Sehun. Besides, have you found that thing that desperately makes you want to live again? From my point of view, there are many reason why I should tell the higher ups to just lead you to the other side. Give me a reason so that I should side with you, Sehun. Have you found that reason?”

Sehun thought about Suho’s words. Suho’s right. His life… to be honest, he’s got no reason to actually keep on living. Being an only child with neglectful parents, he grew up having everything but cherishing nothing. He gets what he wants, but he doesn’t know what he truly needs. Except form Jongin, he doesn’t really have friends. He doesn’t even have a pet! He’s got nothing, not even dreams.

Why is he so desperate to have such a life back then?
 


a/n: so... how was this chap??

your comments keep me alive!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EXO BUN! XIUMIN!

see ya later, pipz!