The EX...

Mr. Bratty Ghost

a/n: okay, before anything else, i want you guys to have an open mind about this chapter because i think some will not like the way i portrayed a certain character... especially with some rumors floating around which i don't believein a bit by the way...

...and the title tempts me to add O in it.. tehehe...


“Hey, who is that guy?” Sehun asked Baekhyun, pointing at a tall blonde guy sitting on the sofa.

It’s a little after lunch and just as the whole household was lounging lazily, the doorbell rang. Then low and behold, a tall blonde guy, with bushy brows, pouty lips, a lean frame and the aura of a god, entered.

“He’s Kris. Mama’s boyfriend.” Baekhyun replied nonchalantly, getting back to reading the same thick red book he stashed away from Luhan the other day.

Sehun frowned. So he’s the boyfriend. Wow, he never thought that Ghost Girl would have been able to snatch such a person.

“But didn’t he dump your mama? That’s how I found her crying that night a week ago. Because he dumped her.” Sehun stated nonchalantly, still watching as Kris-guy looked at Anya under his bangs furtively, said girl sitting in front of Kris with a blank expression.

“He did what?!” Baekhyun’s snapped. “But Kris is Mama’s prince charming! She said so herself! He’d never do that!”

“I don’t know about that. But she was crying under the rain that night and if I didn’t manage to call Deer Eyes to get her, she’d have had suffered hypothermia.”

Sehun said. “But… how did your Mama end up with Kris? How long had they been together?”

“He’s a classmate at the university Mama used to attend. He had been visiting Mama for nearly six months now. How could he have dumped Mama? He seems to be perfect!” Baekhyun frowned. “And Mama is always happy with him.”

Really? Sehun raised a brow. This Kris guy does seem to be the perfect Adonis. But the guy did break Anya’s heart. And almost killed her! Sehun decided that he needs to find out more about this Kris person.

Floating to the wall behind Anya, Sehun listened into the conversation.

“I…I’m really sorry about last week, Anya. I didn’t mean to say those things.” Kris said.

There’s a box of chocolate and a teddy bear and flowers on the table between Kris and Anya. Anya on the other hand kept her blank face.

“You know I love you still, right? I really regret saying those things to you, honey.” Kris pleaded, pouting.

Sehun thinks Kris lips look more like a bird’s beak rather than human lips.

“I don’t know, Kris. It didn’t seem like you didn’t mean it. Especially with that girl hanging off you.” Anya replied coldly.

Sehun could see tears forming on Anya’s eyes and suddenly he felt like bashing Kris’ head. He doesn’t know why, he just get that feeling.

“But she’s nothing! I was drunk, Anya! I didn’t know half of what I was saying! Please, forgive me.” Kris pleaded once more. “Please, Anya, I want you back.”

After you dumped her like she was some trash, you say you want her back? Did you even know how many nights she had cried over you? Did you even know how she doubted herself because of you? Surely, Anya’s not going to get you back! Sehun thought with a scoff.

“The moment I realized how much of a jerk I’ve been to you, I felt like killing myself.” Kris said with a forlorn expression.

You better had. Sehun thought grudgingly.

“But please believe me, I am really sorry for what I did. I didn’t mean to hurt you. You’re the love of my life. I’ll make it up to you. Just please, take me back.”

Sehun clucked his tongue. Only a stupid fool will take you back after the stunt you did.

“Are you really sorry?” Anya asked, voice cracking a bit as tears b her eyes.

Sehun gaped. What the heck? She’ll forgive him that easy? Is she that stupidly in love over this Kris?

Kris put on a smile and went to sit beside Anya. “I really am sorry.” he said and hugged Anya.

Sehun rolled his eyes at the triumph in Kris’ face when Anya hugged him back. Really, how naïve can this girl be?



“Where have you been?” Sehun asked, frowning.

Anya had been out most nights in the past week since she and Kris got back together again. Sehun knew that they were just catching up with each other but something just doesn’t sit right with him.

“Out.” Anya replied shortly before letting herself into the kitchen to have something to drink.

“Yah, ghost girl. I think you’ve forgotten about our deal. You’re supposed to help me get back to my body. But you’re always out! Deer Eyes is doing all the work.” Sehun whined in an accusing tone.

“I am doing what I can do. It’s just Luhan is the one that can help you most. There’s really nothing much that I can do to help you.” Anya sounds tired and she looks like she would fall asleep in any moment.

A part of Sehun is telling him that this wasn’t the time to argue with her but he’s just stubborn like that.

“But I want you to help me! You said you took an oath! But you’re always out with that Kris guy!”

“Kris is my boyfriend. I just want to spend some time with him after our small argument.”

“Small argument? You nearly died of hypothermia because of your ‘small argument’! Or have you forgotten that easily? How can you forgive him that easy after what he did?”

“Because he’s sorry. Because I love him!”

Sehun scoffed. “Oh please, ghost girl. Did you even think that maybe you’re being blinded by your ‘love’? The guy hurt you and you forgive him as if you didn’t almost die because of what he did. Where’s your pride?” he almost spat.

“Pride blinds us as much as love does. I will never let my pride blind my heart though. I love Kris.” Anya replied firmly. "I love him."

“That’s like saying that you’d let him hurt you over and over again just because you love him. Why don’t you put yourself first before others?”

“Why don’t you try putting others before yourself?” Anya retorted.

“Don’t change the subject here, ghost girl! We’re talking about how you’re being a fool over you infatuation!” Sehun glared.

“Why do you care anyways? You are only sticking around because you need help with getting back to your body! That didn’t give you the right to meddle with my personal problems! If I am not allowed to pry into your life, what made you think that I will allow you to pry into mine?!”

Sehun didn’t even grace that with an answer. Rage sis building inside him for a reason he doesn’t understand. Furniture around the living room started shaking and the only thing that made Sehun bolt out of the house before he started another chaos was the thought of the three kids who were sleeping peacefully in their bedroom.

 Fuming, Sehun went as far as he could away from the house.

“Fine! She wants to stick to that of a boyfriend she has after what he had done to her? She can do what the bloody hell she wants to! See if I care if she broke her heart again and end up in a mess!” he yelled into the night air.

He ended up hovering over Namsan Tower, the pretty lights not even making his mode change a bit. If anything, the scenic view felt like a mockery to his raging fury.

“Why do I even care? She wants to get hurt? Fine then!” Sehun kicked the air harshly.

“You know, Sehun, love is not always sunshine and rainbows.”

“Shut up, Suho. Why do you always show up when I don’t need you and abandon me when I do?!” Sehun snapped.

Suho kept his cool though. “Are you telling me you don’t me right now?”

Sehun kept his back to his Guardian, his mind still muddled with thoughts about Anya and her troublesome relationship.

“I just don’t understand her.” Sehun stated after a few minutes. “How can she give in to him just like that? It’s as if she didn’t even remember that she got hurt bad by his actions.”

“You see Sehun, when you love someone, you are prone to only seeing the good side of that person. Love makes us do pretty stupid things throughout our lives. But in the end, we learn from those experiences, and we grow. It’s the beauty of loving, Sehun.”

“Not when you make a fool of yourself, it’s not.” Sehun scoffed. “You are not telling me that we are allowed to act stupid because of love, aren’t you? Because that’s what Anya is doing.”

“Hey, didn’t that Kris guy said he was sorry? Why are you shaking up a ruckus when Anya herself forgave the guy? You’re acting like a jealous high school kid!” Suho grinned.

“I am not jealous!” Sehun retorted hotly. “I don’t even like her! As she had said, I only stick around because I need their help. But since she isn’t helping anyways, I’ll stop bothering about her and stick to Deer Eyes.” he said in finality.

Suho scoffed. “Alright, alright. Whatever you say, Sehun.”

“Why do I feel like you’re patronizing me? You’re my Guardian! You’re supposed to be on my side!”

“I am a Guardian. My main purpose is to guide spirits so that they won’t fall to the wrong side. My opinion doesn’t count and it’s mine, and mine alone.” Suho explained coolly.

Suho’s calmness only made Sehun’s temper flare more. He can’t let his frustrations out on someone who doesn’t deserve it and the mere thought of not being able to let his feelings out is fueling the intense feelings he have inside.

“Calm down, Sehun. Anya has a point, you know. Her life is her own. Let her deal with it. Besides, this Kris guy seems to be a good guy. Not to mention he’s dashing.” Suho patted Sehun on the shoulder.

“I don’t care how godlike he looks, dang it! In fact, from now on, I won’t give a damn! I’ll let her be! That’s what she wants! I was just being concerned but she won’t listen.” Sehun’s shoulders harshly heaved up and down as he try to control his breathing.

“Wow, that’s new for you, Oh Sehun. Since when did you start concerning yourself about others?”

Sehun glared at Suho and shrugged the Guardian off. He would’ve said he is not concerned but he knows that it’ not true. Somehow, even after just a few weeks being around Anya and her little family, he’s become attached.

He wonders how easy it had been to feel at home with people he barely knew for a few days when he’s not even comfortable with talking to his parents, or anyone at that except Jongin, for just a few minutes. He’s socially awkward. But with Anya and Luhan and the kids, especially the kids, it’s so easy to feel comfortable.

Maybe it’s because he’d been alone in this spirit dimension for far too long already and he craved company. And the first to ever see him was Anya. Maybe because of that, he attached himself to her so easily because he was desperate. And so was to her kids. The kids live the life he would have had wished for himself.

The only trouble about this attachment is how he reacts when someone within his newfound ‘family’ gets hurt. It triggers something in him that he never thought he had. This feeling of protectiveness and care. He head never felt grudge for someone before, most of the time he doesn’t really care about what’s happening around him if it doesn’t concern him directly. But now, it all had changed.

And he’s scared somehow. The feeling is so foreign to him that he doesn’t know how to react accordingly.

“Hey, speaking of the godlike Kris…” Suho squinted to see someone in the distance, “Isn’t that him?”

Sehun snapped his head abruptly to see where Suho had spotted Kris. True enough, Sehun could see a tuft of gold hair in the distance.

Kris’ face is something that no one can easily forget. And Sehun’s pretty sure that there are not many men, who was tall like a giraffe, and has gold threads for a hair, and has that aura that seemed to make you bow at his presence, that lives in Seoul.

“I got to go and check it out.” Sehun said with a determined eyes.

He didn’t even wait for his Guardian’s departing words before floating away where he had spotted Anya’s boyfriend.

Kris went into a bar, one that Sehun is sure to be one of those where you have to either wait until morning to get in to or pay a large sum to cut the line. That or be a big shot celebrity or something.

Sehun had never been pleased being something that no one can see and hear but he is sure thankful that he can easily follow Kris into the bar by slipping inside through walls.

The inside of the bar was booming with people of different state of inebriety and maybe sanity. Sehun could practically see people hogging one another in many random places inside. The music is so loud that even in his state of not having a physical body, the loud bass still make his body pound along with it’s rhythm.

He must admit that the place play good music though and it’s a good place if someone was looking for a good dance. But it’s not his concern now, Kris was.

Scanning the chaos around him, he located the top of Kris’ gold curls as the latter fitted his tall frame between drunk patrons on the bar, ordering a couple of drinks.

Sehun frowned. Didn’t Kris just spent the night with Anya? How come he’s still out after? Either he’s just a huge club addict or have a long list of party rota to attend to.

When Kris went back towards a booth where he probably had left whoever he came into the club with, Sehun followed.

And what he saw made his blood boil. There’s a couple of guys sitting on the booth where Kris was at. Both men looked like they were the same age as Kris, and though not as  tall and lean as Kris, they were undeniably good-looking.

Oh well, birds of the same feathers…are the same birds. What do you expect? Kris won’t hang out with nerds, Sehun thought grudgingly. “Why do I even care about who he hangs out with?” he asked himself and mentally slap himself on the face.

But that was not what was making Sehun’s head reel with anger. It’s the way Kris had his hands slithered across a woman’s slim waist, said woman practically glued to Kris’ side and laughing a little too suggestively at Kris’ equally redolent innuendos. Even the most stupid person in this planet will see that the two weren’t just platonic friends hanging out. Even close friends does not whisper things that close to the other’s ear, even with the music was practically drowning everything.

Kris nipping at the woman’s earlobe after whispering something did it for Sehun. Kris and Anya had just gotten back together a little over a week ago and the jerk is already cheating behind her back. If he was that discontented, he shouldn’t have pursued and gotten back with Anya!

Sehun doesn’t even know why he cares too much. He is not involved and Anya clearly doesn’t want him to get involved in her personal life. He’s just someone who needs help to get back to his body and he only sticks around for that.

When Kris got up, the woman clinging to him like an octopus as they leave, Sehun only watched. He gave Kris a dirty look when the guy put a hand on the woman’s back, far too low to be innocent.

“Aren’t you going to do something?” Suho’s voice is amazingly too clear amidst the heavy noise inside the club but Sehun doesn’t question it because Suho is some sort of an angel after all and there are far too many things that Suho can do that Sehun just don’t want to bother with.

“No.” Sehun replied curtly.

“Why not?”

“Why should I?” Sehun scoffed, making his way out of the club. The intoxicated club goers doesn’t even give a damn as he pass through their bodies. This actually made him miss the funny reactions Luhan has when he does this kind of thing to him.

“Uh, isn’t Anya some sort of a… friend? You were so concerned just a while ago at how she had gotten back together with Kris so easily. And now that there’s proof that Kris is cheating on her, you won’t do anything?” Suho asked as he followed his charge. “Aren’t you being a bit confusing?”

Sehun huffed as he crossed his arms against his chest, watching as Kris left with the woman in his black BMW.

“Ghost Girl doesn’t want me to care, well, I won’t care.” Sehun replied coldly.

He missed how Suho gave him a thoughtful look before shaking his head.

Sehun only thought that if Anya doesn’t want him to meddle with her life, then he won’t. See if he cares that she break his heart again because of being foolish.
 


a/n: *cowers behind BIRTHDAY BOY, XIUMIN!*

sorry about Kris, okay??? i just can't think of anybody else!!

i like him a lot, really...

he just suit the role of a perfect boyfriend who has a darker side to him that you won't even think he has, becuase his face (and everything else!) will have you mesmerised and stop your brain cells from working...

(*get's slapped by Sehun*: "get yourself together, woman!")

so yeah... it's the third update today...

should i go for the fourth one?? *wink*