2

Oil and Water

 

A week passed after their last conversation. A hurtful conversation. As much as Hyesung wants to be away from Eric, Hyesung knows exactly that he can’t avoid Eric forever. Because of their job, they had to meet at least 3 times per-week. Thankfully Eric never talk about it and act like usual, so meet him wasn’t hard like Hyesung thought. At least that’s what Hyesung thought and see…

 

For Eric, just looking at him it’s already hard. Don’t mention to talk to him because they haven’t say a word since that day. If he had to talk about job, he asks Minwoo to talk to Hyesung. He had to act like nothing happen in front of members and Hyesung. With the upcoming concert and new album release schedule, he can’t let his feeling win over his brain. All he had to do is trying to forget by working hard.

 

Two of them thought members won’t be aware but they’re completely wrong. Other members 100% feel the awkward air but they keep shut their mouth since they know that this is something personal and they can’t interfere the oil and water business. But, there is a time they teased and asked them to put a “pull-push” act when they bored which is of course rejected by Hyesung and ignored by Eric.

 

•-------•

 

Hyesung woke up early and his cell phone; one message popped up. Junjin texted him last night and informed him that they would have a dance-practice around noon. Hyesung sat up then walked to the bathroom and prepared to go to the studio. Since this is still early, he planned to stop by at ShinCom on his way to get some new lyric papers that he left yesterday.

 

He drove alone to ShinCom building. When he arrived, he walked to the receptionist desk with a polite smile and asked the female staff to get him the paper. The staff got him the papers and handed it to him. Then something caught his eyes. The female staff brought the blanket when gave him the papers.

“Excuse me” Hyesung said made the female staff turned and face him.

“Yes , Hyesung-ssi?” she responded.

“errm,, well… may I know what’s that for?” Hyesung asked as pointed to the blanket.

“It’s for Eric-ssi. I just knew he stayed from last night when I get you the papers” She said then bowed politely to Hyesung.

“Eric is here?” Hyesung asked more to himself.

“Wa- wait!” Hyesung quickly grabbed the staff’s arm, prevented her to leave. The staff looked at him with confused face. Hyesung awkwardly release her arm.

“We- well, since you’re busy, I think I can bring it to him” Hyesung said as took the blanked from her hand.

“Thank you Hyesung-ssi” She said then bowed to Hyesung before walked back to her desk.

 

Hyesung walked slowly to the room where Eric sleeping according to the staff. When he opened the door, he can see Eric curled his body on the couch. Hyesung walked approached Eric and find Eric trembling. Hyesung quickly cover him with the blanket. Feeling warmer, Eric smiled in his sleep. Seeing Eric smile made Hyesung smile and his heart betraying him by beating a little faster than usual. Hyesung stood in front of Eric and watching him for a few seconds. Not satisfied with the view, Hyesung sat on the floor and observe the sleeping man in front of him carefully. Eric looks so tired. His eye bags look heavier and he looks like a panda because of the dark circles around his eyes.

 

“You are working too hard” Hyesung said with a small voice. He ran his hand to Eric’s face and caressed his eye bag to his cheek lovingly.

“You still have Minwoo and us. Don’t overwork yourself” Hyesung said as remove his fingers from Eric’s cheek. He turned his body and leaned his back to the sofa then took some papers from the table in front of him to see what’s Eric working on now.

“You can always ask me to help finished the lyric like you used to-” Hyesung stopped his talk in the midway.

“I forgot that you couldn’t because I said I won’t talk to you” Hyesung said. Sad clearly showed in his voice.

“But I only said that I won’t talk to you if you stepped into my room…”

“And you didn’t. Means we, at least, still can talk…” Hyesung took a deep breath.

“Probably you are the one who don’t want to talk to me. I know I was too harsh that night. I shouldn’t talk to you like that…”

“I keep saying to myself that I won’t regret what I did to you that day. But…”

“In fact I regretting it…” Hyesung started to shed a tear.

“It’s understandable if you don’t want to talk to me and hate me now” Hyesung said as wiped his tears.

“I don’t know how to face you later, Eric-ah” He gulped back his tears.

“I just hoping you treat me as usual. You know exactly right, I can’t take initiative to talk to you first” Hyesung said then suddenly Eric moved his hand made Hyesung freeze in his current position for a few seconds. Thankfully Eric didn’t awake. Hyesung let out a relieved sigh then kneeled in front of Eric.

“I should go before he awake” He talked to himself as cupped Eric’s face. Without him realizing, he pecked Eric’s lips.

“God, what did I do?” He whispered as touched his lips. Hyesung stood up and quickly ran to the door.

 

Within a minute after Hyesung left, Eric opened his eyes. He sat up and touched his lips. Slowly tears streamed down to his cheeks and he smiled…

 

•-------•

 

“Arghh” Hyesung groaned and threw himself to the floor. He had been practicing his dance for an hour but he just can’t focus. He messed up in every move. At least he should nailed Venus before the members come. He stood up then repeated the song. He danced from the beginning.

“Gaahh, just a few months passed and I already forget. I’m really old now” Hyesung mumbled to himself.

“It’ll be great if someone come now and helped me with the choreo” Hyesung said loudly in frustration as trying to figure out the dance.

Then someone back hugging him from behind…

Not really back hugging him, because that certain person danced with him as the back dancer.

“E- Eric… What are you doing?” Hyesung asked and trying to released himself from Eric.

“Helping you dance. You should nail it before the other come. Just keep dancing Hyesungie” Eric said. Hyesung turned his body and pushed Eric away from him.

“Pilkyo-ah…” Eric grabbed Hyesung’s shoulder and turned him to face him.

“Listen… For now, forget what happened between us. Just think we do this for shinhwa’s sake” Eric convinced Hyesung and finally Hyesung nodded then go to rewind the song and started dancing with Eric. Since his dance is one of shinhwa’s concerns. Hyesung know Eric helped him just for shinhwa sake.

“I heard from the receptionist you stop by this morning” Eric said. Hyesung just nodded.

“Thanks for the blanket” Eric said again. Hyesung nodded again then bowed his head to hide his blushed face. He hoped Eric didn’t hear his words and just knew it from the staff.

 

“How co- come you know the… ba- back dancer move?” Hyesung asked as gasping for the air.

“I practiced this with Minwoo in case you or Dongwan need a help” Eric answered and gave Hyesung his water bottle. Hyesung accepted it and drink from it.

“Thanks to you, now I remember all the move” Hyesung said and handed back Eric’s bottle.

“Don’t mention it, just tell me if you need a help” Eric said but Hyesung didn’t answer him. He remembered what happened this morning then he sighed.

“You too. You can call me if you need help especially with lyri-” Hyesung stopped.

“Ah never mind” Hyesung continued.

“Hyesung-ah, did you really mean y-”

“Dongwan is here !!! Hey you two come early !!!” Dongwan shouted as soon as he opened the door made Eric stopped his sentence.

“Hey you already made up? Aaah finally I can see RicSyung lovey dovey act~” Minwoo followed behind Dongwan and run to hug Hyesung but Hyesung smacked his head.

“it hurt…” Minwoo pouted made Eric laughed.

 

•-------•

 

“Eric Hyung, can I talk to you for a sec?” Junjin asked loudly and throw himself to the sofa beside Eric. Eric who keep staring Hyesung finally turned his face to Junjin then nodded. Hyesung, who sat on the dance floor, turned his head to Junjin and Eric direction obviously curious with their conversation.

“What happen Jinnie?” Eric asked.

“If I’m not mistaken, you don’t have any girlfriend now?” Junjin asked back.

“You know I’ll tell you guys first if I have one, right?” Eric answered and Junjin nodded.

“Hyung, do you want me to set you up in a blind date?” Junjin asked again. Eric just staring at Junjin waited for explanation.

“Don’t look at me like that! Okay, I have a friend; she said she wants me to set her up with you. She really likes you. Do you want to see her photo? She’s so beautiful, have a fair skin, and y. I bet you’ll love her” Junjin explained and took out his phone to find the girl photo. Eric stopped him as shook his head.

“Jinnie, you know exactly that I’m not interested with blind-”

“Come on hyung, its not a blind date. Because she know you and you’ll know her after see her picture… wait… why I can’t find it” Junjin still busy finding the girl picture.

“Jin-ah…” Eric tried to stop Junjin and stole a quick glance to Hyesung who just staring at him along with other members.

“Eric-ah just accept Jin’s offer. You haven’t been in relationship for years. Don’t waste your time” Minwoo who sat across Hyesung shouted. Eric looked at Minwoo then to Hyesung. Hyesung quickly looked to the ground when Eric looked back at him.

“But… I’m in love with someone else…” Eric said in a low voice but every member in the room can heard it.

“She ditched you? Come on Eric-ah, you deserve someone better, right Hyesungie?” Dongwan said then asked Hyesung. Hyesung startled with Dongwan sudden question but quickly regained his composure and shrugged.

“It’s not my business…” Hyesung said as grabbed his bag.

“I’m get going now. I’ve got something to do” Hyesung said and quickly walked to the door.

“Finally I find the picture. Look at this hyung” Junjin said as showed him the picture but Eric abruptly reached his bag and run to the doorway.

“Sorry guys, I’ve something to discuss with Hyesung. Bye guys” Eric said before closed the door.

“Aiiish!” Junjin hissed and put his phone to the table.

“Jin-ah, can I see the picture?” Andy asked still curious with the girl’s face. Junjin just gave him the gesture and he still annoyed with what just happened.

“PUAHAHAHAHA!!!” Andy laughed hard. Dongwan and Minwoo looked at him with surprise.

“Why are you laughing?” Both of them asked in unison.

“Come here and take a look hyung” Andy said. Dongwan and Minwoo ran to them and burst out laugh after seeing the picture.

“Stop laughing. It’s not funny anymore” Junjin said in annoyance as snatched his phone from Dongwan’s hand.

“You planned to troll Eric and show him Hyesung’s cross-dressed photo?” Minwoo asked followed by Andy and Dongwan laugh.

“Uuugh this would be succeed if you guys not interrupt me and keep silent then watch it till finish” Junjin grumbled and left the room with 3 people laughing behind him.

“But Hyesungie hyung really looks beautiful and y like Junjin said” Andy said jokingly. Minwoo nodded agree with Andy’s statement.

“If Hyesungie was a girl, probably I would date her” Minwoo said. Suddenly Dongwan stood up and grabbed his bag before ran to the doorway.

“What happen Wan?” Minwoo shouted. Dongwan turned his head and answered.

“I have to get Hyesungie’s picture from Jinnie before he delete it. You know how Jinnie act when he pissed” Dongwan said then go to find Junjin.