8

Oil and Water

 

“Mom?”

“Oh, Eric. How are you son?”

“I’m fine mom. What are you doing now?”

“Me? Just finished making a breakfast for your father, dear”

“Mom… I wanna talk about the photos that you gave to Hyesung’s mom-“

“Oh, you are at Pilkyo’s house now I assume”

“Yes mom”

“Are you with him now?”

“No, he is sleeping”

“Oh I see. So, what is it? The girls I picked not pretty enough or not y enough for your liking?”

“Mom, that’s not what I’m going to say”

“Then what it is?”

“Mom, you know that I’m not like things like this, right?”

“Of course I know”

“Great. Then can you please call Hyesung’s mother to stop giving me the photos? She won’t stop until you tell her to. Please?”

“Give me reasons why I should do that. We just help you and Pilkyo. Beside, having a daughter is your dream. Didn’t you keep saying that you envy with your sisters everytime you playing with your niece?”

“It’s different mom”

“Give me a good reason, son”

“I… I’m in relationship and of course I can’t do this”

“You are? I thought you are single now”

“Yes mom. So please-”

“You are not lying to me, right?”

“I’m not mom”

“Are you serious with this girl?”

“I’m really serious this time. It’s like I found a right person for me”

“Okay. I’ll talk to Pilkyo’s mother later”

“Thanks a lot mom”

“But promise me one thing. Don’t playing around and be serious this time. I’ll handle and arrange everything if I find you playing around. I have tons of acquaintance to married you to”

“Mom, I’m not sure about that…”

“Yes or no”

“I do believe that person is the one but I don’t think everyone would agree”

“What’s wrong with this girl? She’s having a child? Bad background?”

“Nothing wrong. Just…”

“What?”

“Mooom, just believe me”

“Okay I understand. I’ll call her later”

“Thanks a lot mom”

“Send my regards for Pilkyo and Pilkyo’s family”

“Yes mom”

“I’m going to hung up. Goodbye dear. Love you”

“Love you too mom”

 

Eric let out a heavy sigh after hung up the phone. Jinkyo chuckled at Eric expression. Eric startled and cleared his throat after hearing Jinkyo’s chuckle, looks like he forgot that Hyesung’s brother is there with him.

“We’re arrived hyung. Let’s go get some coffee and talk” Jinkyo said. Eric nodded and followed him.

 

“So, what’s up?” Eric asked as sipped his macchiato.

“You and my hyung are in relationship, right?” Jinkyo questioned and that question succeed made Eric chocked.

“H- how… How do you know? Did Hyesung tell you?” Eric asked stuttered.

“So it’s true” Jinkyo nodded to himself made Eric even more surprised.

“You trapped me! I thought you already know” Eric pointed his finger to Jinkyo childishly.

“It’s not the big deal. I already know just by seeing you two on dining room” Jinkyo said calmly.

“Is it that obvious?” Eric asked more to himself.

“Very very obvious hyung. Actually I’m surprised mom didn’t have idea about you two at all” Jinkyo replied with smile.

“A- and… what do you want to tell me now? You want to against our relationship?” Eric asked back. Jinkyo looked at Eric and scanned his reaction. He can see the older man waiting his answer nervously.

“Are you really serious about this?” Jinkyo asked more question.

“I love him” Eric answered.

“I know” Jinkyo replied shortly.

“But, Are you ready for the consequence? You know exactly that it won’t be easy” Jinkyo added.

“We’ll go through this together and if it’s possible I’ll take all the responsibility alone. I don’t want Hyesungie suffer because of this. I want him to be happy” Eric answered firmly. Jinkyo looked at Eric in awe then he smiled.

“About I want to against your relationship with my brother or not, my answer is depends” Jinkyo answered. Eric gulped.

“Depends on what?” Eric asked carefully.

“Depends on how you treat my brother. I knew from the start that you like him differently. I’ll support as long as my brother is happy. But if you make him sad, I won’t hesitate to make your life miserable, hyung” Jinkyo said with a smile.

“Jinkyo-ah. I know you are smiling now but your smile looks like a threat to me” Eric said.

“Yes if you don’t know, I AM threatening you now hyung” Jinkyo replied then sipped his coffee.

“Has anyone ever told you that you are scary?” Eric asked and that question made Jinkyo laughed.

“No one. I’m sorry Junghyuk hyung, I’m not usually like this but I have to make sure that you are serious with my hyung. I don’t want to see him sad or hurt” Jinkyo explained. Eric nodded.

“I understand Jinkyo-ah. I’ll try my best to not make him sad. Believe me” Eric said.

“Do you want to know a little secret?” Jinkyo asked. Eric eyed him curiously then nodded.

“The reason why my brother broke up with Sooyoung is you” Jinkyo said before stood up and grabbed the key car on the table.

“Me? But how? Why?” Eric asked in disbelief.

“Let’s go home hyung” Jinkyo changing the subject and walked to the door leaving Eric dumbfounded.

“Jin… Jinkyo-ah wait!!!” Eric ran and caught up with Jinkyo. In the car Eric kept asking Jinkyo about that but got nothing since Jinkyo so perseverance keeping his mouth shut.

 

Flashback

“Jinkyo oppa, can we meet today? I want to discuss something with you” Sooyoung called him. Jinkyo raised one of his eyebrows. Not really understand why Sooyoung asked to meet.

“With Pilkyo hyung? Is Pilkyo hyung here? Why he didn’t call me?” Jinkyo asked back. He can hear Sooyoung sighed on the line.

“No. Alone” Sooyoung answered shortly.

“But don’t tell him that I want to meet you” Sooyoung added quickly.

“And why is that? Why I have to meet with my brother’s girlfriend secretly?” Jinkyo asked again.

“Oppa… I have to talk with someone about this. I’m not trust anyone except you” Sooyoung replied desperately.

“You trust me more than my hyung?” Jinkyo asked.

“It’s about him. Of course I can’t talk about that with him. Beside, I really need your opinion” Sooyoung answered.

“Okay I understand. Meet me at usual place in two hours. I still have a class” Jinkyo finally agreed.

“Thanks a lot oppa. See you later” Sooyoung answered and then hung up the phone.

 

“So?” Jinkyo asked right after he took his seat in front of his brother’s girl.

“Do you want to order something first?” Sooyoung asked. Jinkyo shook his head.

“I don’t have time to chit chatting. Tell me what happened” Jinkyo said. Sooyoung sighed but nodded anyway.

“Is it okay if I break up with Pilkyo oppa?” Sooyoung asked carefully. Jinkyo widened his eyes. Not believe on what his ear just heard.

“You… want to break up with my hyung?? Why?” Jinkyo asked in disbelief. Sooyoung bowed his head. Scared with Jinkyo’s tone.

“I thought you love him” Jinkyo added softly. Sooyoung looked up straightly to Jinkyo’s eyes.

“I do love him. I still love him. So much” She replied fast.

“Then why?” Jinkyo asked again.

“It’s just… It feels different now… How he treats me is different like he used to… it’s like treating a dongsaeng more than a girlfriend” Sooyoung answered. Jinkyo can see that Sooyoung hold back her tears.

“Maybe that’s because he’s so busy. Have you called him?” Jinkyo cheered Sooyoung. He actually felt the changes from his older brother a few weeks ago when his brother finally visiting home, but he just let it go, afraid that he’s wrong.

“He called me every two days like usual. I think… Ahh… I don’t know I can say it or not…” Sooyoung said then palmed her face. She looks so confused.

“What is it?” Jinkyo asked and he waited patiently until Sooyoung answered his question.

“I think he is fallen in love with someone else. I can feel it. Probably he still not realizes it but…” Sooyoung stopped.

“What makes you so sure about that? Sooyoung-ah, what if that’s just your thinking?” Jinkyo asked before Sooyoung continued.

“He keeps talking about this person with bright face and cheerful tone at me. At first of course I thought it’s only my imagination but it crashed when oppa told me that the certain person just have a relationship and how it saddened him” Sooyoung explained sadly. Jinkyo just looked at her. Not responding her story, waiting her to continue.

“It’s hard for me to keep this relationship if Pilkyo oppa love someone else than me and I know it’s hard for him too to keep pretending that he loves me. You are agree with me, right?” Sooyoung asked Jinkyo. Jinkyo nodded weakly.

“May I know who is that person?” Jinkyo asked.

“What I want is his happiness. I won’t judging him if its really true. I hope you too after know who is it” Sooyoung said. She took a deep breath.

“It’s his fellow member…” Sooyoung continued in a low tone.

“Is it Eric hyung?” Jinkyo guessed carefully. Sooyoung nodded weakly.

 

That’s it.

What Sooyoung thought and he thought is same.

 

---------------------------

 

Eric opened the door and tiptoed walked in, afraid Hyesung would awake judging on how light sleeper he is. His eyes wandered the room and found Hyesung fallen asleep on the couch instead on the bed. Eric smiled and walking approached him. He sit on the floor to admiring Hyesung’s beautiful face for a few minutes before lifted him on his arm and walked slowly to the bed. Being a light sleeper, Hyesung awake and rubbed his eyes slowly to see what’s made him awake clearly.

“Oh Eric, you are home” Hyesung said, still on Eric’s arm. Eric nodded and smiling at him.

“What are you doing?” Hyesung asked when he realized that Eric lifted him.

“Moving you to the bed. I’m the one who should ask you. Why you sleep on the couch?” Eric asked back as glared to Hyesung. Hyesung pouted but gripped on Eric’s neck tightly afraid Eric’s naughty brain come out and throw him to the bed.

“I’m waiting for you pabo” Hyesung answered still pouting.

“I know” Eric said before pecked Hyesung’s lips. Hyesung pout is gone and changed to an adorable pink blushed face that succeed made Eric felt a million butterflies flying in his stomach.

“Hyesung-ah, stop it” Eric said before put Hyesung on the bed softly. Hyesung looked at him blankly, not understand what Eric’s means and the adorable pink color on his chubby cheeks not helping at all. It made Hyesung looks more adorable.

“Stop being so adorable. I can’t-”

“Can’t what?” Hyesung cut Eric.

“Can’t control myself,” Eric continued then laying his body on top of Hyesung’s. Turned it around to make Hyesung on top of him and pulled him into his embrace tightly.

“You don’t have idea how much I love you Shin Hyesung” Eric whispered to Hyesung’s ear. Hyesung smiled before hugged Eric back.

“I love you too Eric” Hyesung replied and gave Eric a kiss on his cheek before released their hug.

“Go change your clothes Eric-ah. I know you are tired too” Hyesung said and pushed Eric out from the bed. Eric chuckled.

“I’m not tired anymore after seeing you, Hyesungie” Eric said with cheesy tone and trying to hug Hyesung again. Hyesung rolled his eyes before smacked him with pillow.

“I’m serious, go change your clothes Eric-ah. We had to go home tomorrow and I don’t want to drive to Seoul. You had to drive me!” Hyesung said with naggy tone.

“I should’ve known that’s your real motive” Eric said disappointed and finally got up from the bed. Hyesung’s feel bad after that. It’s just his reason to make Eric quickly change his clothes because he just wants to cuddle with Eric before he sleeps. But no way he would say it out loud to Eric.

“Eric-ah…” Hyesung called Eric from his bed. Eric mmm-ed responding Hyesung while changing his clothes to pajama.

“I’m just kidding, okay?” Hyesung continue. Eric answered him with another mmm.

“Eric-ah…” Hyesung walked approaching Eric and back hugged him. Eric who just finished put on his pants startled when he felt Hyesung hugged his bare skin body. It made his heart skip a beat.

“Don’t mad at me” Hyesung whispered to Eric’s ears as tightened the hug. Eric smirked then turned his body facing Hyesung.

“Kiss me first” Eric said shortly. Hyesung eyes widened.

“Wha- what?” Hyesung responded. Eric smirked and repeated it. Hyesung gulped and looked at Eric nervously. Eric waited and gave him a smile. Hyesung took a deep breath before moved his hands from Eric’s waist to his neck. He closed his eyes and pulled Eric close to him then finally leaned his lips on to Eric’s. Eric didn’t respond the kiss and waited Hyesung to make his move.  Hyesung started to nibbled Eric lower lips few times as asking him an entrance to access his mouth. Eric gave in and slightly opened his mouth. Hyesung quickly push in his tongue and explore Eric’s cavern. He can taste coffee on Eric’s mouth. Eric carried with the emotion and kissed him back. Eric needed him closer and he brought Hyesung closer by circling his arm around Hyesung’s petite frame. Hyesung pulled back because of air and smiling at him, soft and bright. Eric looked at him lovingly as moved his hands to caress Hyesung’s cheek softly. Eric staring at Hyesung’s clear brown eyes deeply. He can see Hyesung love him too with all his heart. He smiled once more before pulling Hyesung to another kiss. This kiss is different like before. It felt so much more. He found it hard to pulled away because this is feel so... Right... And he didn’t planned to pulled away. But he had to because Hyesung still needs air to breath. Hyesung pulled away again. His eyes still closed, he breathed softly and rested his head against Eric’s forehead as gazed to Eric’s eyes.  Hyesung gave Eric a wide feline grin before he stole a peck from Eric’s lips and dressed Eric’s top with a T-shirt.

“Let’s sleep” Hyesung said shortly. Eric nodded and Hyesung to his bed hand in hand.

 

Both are lying on the bed staring to the ceiling. Hyesung wants to cuddle with Eric but he is too shy to said so.

“Good night Eric-ah” Hyesung said softly. Hoping would Eric called him.

“Good night Hyesungie” Eric replied and waited for Hyesung’s expression from the corner of his eyes. He can see Hyesung pouted and tucked up the blanked.

“Just kidding Hyesungie. Come closer” Eric said with a chuckle. Hyesung smiled widely and rested his head on Eric’s chest. He can hear Eric’s heart beat and thats make him more comfortable. Eric circled his arm to Hyesung and pulled him closer.

“I love you Hyesungie. Good night” Eric whispered as kissed Hyesung’s forehead.

“I love you too Eric”