5

Oil and Water

 

Hyesung’s cellphone rang really loud. With closed eyes Hyesung trying to reach his cellphone which is still placed nicely in his jeans pocket. Without seeing who is the caller, Hyesung accept the call.

“errmmm?” Hyesung mumbled, responding the caller.

“Hyung, I’ll go to your place around 12 or 1” The man across the line said.

“why?” Hyesung asked back.

“Because… Hyu- hyung, are you okay?” Junjin asked him with nervous showed in his voice.

“I’m fine Jin-ah. Actually not really, because you woken me up in the middle of my beauty sleep” Hyesung mumbled the words and yes, eyes still closed.

“Are you sure? I was wondering why you didn’t text me nor call me last night. I thought you would at least leave me a cursed message since… you know… Minwoo hyung and I pranked you…” Junjin said carefully and prepared himself to hear his mommy bird yelled to him.

“hmmmm… Oh so it was with Minwoo. I’ll deal with you later. Now I’m going back to sleep. See- WHOSE HAND IS THIS?!?!?!” Hyesung yelled as soon as he realized there is a hand circled on his waist.

“Hyung?” Junjin called Hyesung but Hyesung didn’t answer.

“Hye-”

“Jin-ah see you later!” Hyesung said and quickly hung up the phone. He put the phone beside his pillow before turned his body to see whose hand is it. There he saw Eric sleeping soundly beside him. Hyesung didn’t know what to do. Should he shoo Eric out or just let him sleep? Looking at how peaceful Eric’s face when sleeping made Hyesung heart fluttered. Hyesung let out a sigh. He turned his body again and closed his eyes. Decided to not to care for having Eric sleep beside him and continue his sleep.

 

A few hours later Eric woken up with a sight of sleep Hyesung facing him in front of his face and that’s enough to made Eric completely sober from his sleepiness. It was breathtaking for him. He would never imagine he got to sleep next to the vocalist again after their dorm live is over. They were roommates once and this sight should be normal, not breathtaking. Eric put his hand on Hyesung’s cheek and started caressed them softly while admiring the vocalist’s face. Maybe this is comfortable for Hyesung because Hyesung leaned on his touch with smile lingered on his lips.

“Gosh Shin Hyesung, for sure you’ll be the death of me” Eric whispered and pecked Hyesung’s forehead before stood up and leave the room.

 

Eric walked to the kitchen and started to make a simple breakfast for Hyesung. He toasted some bread and made a tea with a coffee maker. He already noted himself to never make or give Hyesung coffee because he won’t drink it. He smiled at the little accident memories when Dongwan really got mad over a cup of unfinished coffee which Eric really sure it was Hyesung’s. Eric tried to make that simple breakfast a little special by make a sunny-side up egg, one of Hyesung’s favorite.  With a little above average cooking skill he had, he succeeds to make a pretty sunny-side up egg in his second attempt. He smiled in satisfy and intended to go to Hyesung’s room to woke him up. Before he made a move, his phone buzzed. Minwoo reminded him that they had to meet the songwriter this afternoon. Eric pouted after read the message as his ‘perfect breakfast with Hyesungie’ imagination crushed. He only got an hour left and he just stared at the breakfast he just made. Eric let out a heavy sigh then he decided to write Hyesung some notes before he leave.

 

Hyesung finally woke up and find an empty space beside him. He pouted.

“That bastard is smart. Leaving before I kicking him out” he grumbled then lazily walked to the kitchen to grab a drink.

 

He sat on the dining table and smelled something nice.

“Did he cooked something before he left?” Hyesung talked to himself. His eyes wandered around the table and found 2 notes on the food cover.

 

Hyesungie I made you a breakfast, actually I want to eat it together but I have an appointment with the songwriter, so I had to leave.

The food is under the food cover and the tea on coffee maker.

Btw, thnks for letting me sleep here last night.

Probably you not remember because you were really tired

 

Hyesung smiled after read the note. Eric thought he forgets. It’s great, means he can act like nothing happen when he meets him. Hyesung took another note and read it.

 

Ah almost forgot, I borrow your plate.

I still need to eat breakfast and I don’t have much time.

So I bring some.

Thanks our kind hearted Hyesungie ^___^

 

Hyesung shook his head as opened the food cover. Toast sausages and eggs.

“Well western style breakfast, Eric specialty” He mumbled. The food made his tummy grumbled and he knew he had to get his hands on that delicious food now.

 

Hyesung finished his meal and intended to take a bath and cleaned before Junjin comes. He walked to his room and stopped his track when his eyes caught something.

“What is that?” Hyesung mumbled as walked to the table. He saw a pretty flower in his vase with a small note stick on it. Hyesung took the note and read it.

 

I’ve watered them before leaving.

This white chrysanthemum is for you

If you remember, I tried to give you yesterday but... yeah…

You know what white chrysanthemum means, right? <333

 

Hyesung blushed. Then he picked up the vase and smelled the flower.  It turns out not really sweet like he imagine but it enough to made Hyesung’s heart melt and knees weak. Hyesung threw himself to the sofa then closed his eyes. 

“How am I supposed to forget you if you keep doing this to me Eric Mun?”

 

•-------•

“Hyesung hyuuung~ I was bad… I’m  so so so so sorry okaaay” Junjin said and hugged him as soon as Hyesung opened the door for him. Hyesung just glared at him and walked to the sofa. Junjin followed him and sit beside him.

“Let me explain first. Actually at that time you and Eric hyung looked so tense, I want to joke a bit. Believe me, I just want to troll Eric hyung, not you. Remember when I told him that I get a blind date for him and showed him the girl picture?” Junjin asked. Hyesung nodded.

“But you already showed him the picture. Why you drag me into that stupid blind date thing?” Hyesung asked as pouted.

“Nope, he never gets to see the photo because he ran after you right after you leave the room. Actually I wanna show him this” Junjin gave Hyesung his phone. Hyesung took the phone, after seeing the picture he smacked Junjin’s head. Hard.

“What the ! Don’t you dare to give him this photo!” Hyesung cursed. Junjin grinned as rubbed his head.

“Then the next day Eric hyung accepted my offer, I was almost showed him your picture again until Minwoo hyung interrupted me then told me it’ll be more interesting if we pranked Eric hyung and you. Of course I reject at first but he convince me by saying we are helping you and Eric hyung by doing this. So I-”

“Okay I get it. I know your intention were good. But it’s not right to leave your mommy bird alone at very expensive restaurant, Jinnie-yah… What if Eric didn’t come? What if I really waiting for you until midnight and found no cab to go home? You bring me there and leave me that easily?” Hyesung asked in fake-hurt-voice.

“I know I was wrong but I’m not really leaving you. Minwoo hyung and I were peeping you from the other room. If Eric hyung didn’t come, we would drive you home” Junjin said still grinned.

“You two were in the room beside me?!” Hyesung asked in disbelief. Junjin nodded slowly, afraid of Hyesung’s tone.

“But we leave immediately after you said ‘Park Choongjae you’ll die tomorrow’ I swear” Junjin added quickly.

“Yes Park Choongjae, You’ll die today” Hyesung said as continuously beating Junjin.  Junjin laughed hard while kept pleading at Hyesung to stop.

 

•-------•

 

“Yes mom?”

“Pilkyo honey, how are you?”

“I’m fine mom. What happen?”

“Are you busy this weekend?”

“This weekend? Why?”

“Come home for a while, mommy missing you so much”

“I miss you too mom. How is Jinkyo doing?”

“He’s fine. Your dad is fine too”

“Really? It’s good”

“Can you go home? I’ll cook your favorite food if you come”

“Okay, I’ll go home this Saturday. Cook a lot for me, mom”

“Of course Pilkyo honey. By the way…”

“Yes mom?”

“Can you bring Junghyuk along with you?”

“Eric? Why?”

“Well, his mom sent me a package from state. She gave us some gifts. It’ll cost a lot of money if she send packet for us and Junghyuk, so she package it together and sent it to our house”

“Can I go home alone? Don’t worry, I’ll bring the package for Eric”

“Mommy miss Junghyuk too, ask him to accompany you”

“Mommy, can I bring Jinnie instead?”

“You can bring anyone or the whole Shinhwa. But you have to bring Junghyuk”

“aaahh whhhyyyy?”

“We had to thank Junghyuk for the gifts that her mom sent to us. I bet it has been a long time he eats home made food. Just bring your best friend along, Pilkyoah…”

“Mooom… but-”

“No but, Jung Pilkyo”

“Can you tell him yourself? He would listen to you and I don’t have to beg him to come with me”

“Pilkyo-ah… Junghyuk is your neighbor, live in the same building and floor with you. Just come to his house and tell him”

“Mom I-”

“Jung Pilkyo”

“Okay mom, I get it”

“That’s my boy, see you this weekend honey. I love you”

“Love you too mom”

 

With that Hyesung hung up the phone. He pouted. So, the actual reason his mom asked him to go home only to give Eric his package. Now he had to tell Eric and secretly hoping that Eric busy on weekend. Just when Hyesung want to call Eric, his doorbell rang. Hyesung walked to the door and peeked from the peephole. Eric stood there with his plate. Nice, Eric came on the right time. Hyesung opened the door.

 

“Yes Eric-ssi?” Hyesung asked, not really opening the door.

“Why suddenly so formal, Hyesungie?” Eric chuckled. Hyesung didn’t say anything. Just stared at Eric.

“Can I come in? I want to return your plate and this” Eric lifted his other hand.

“Chicken?” Hyesung asked. Eric nodded.

“I bought it too much. Help me to eat this, please? Beside-”

“I know, it’s lonely to eat alone. You’re going to say that right?” Hyesung cut Eric.

“Yes, aah my Hyesungie know me so well” Eric said happily Hyesung just rolled his eyes.

“How come I don’t know if you keep telling me that as the reason” Hyesung mumbled.

“I keep telling you what?” Eric asked with innocent face.

“Ah whatever. Come in I had something to tell you too” Hyesung said and letting Eric come into his house.

 

“So how was the meeting with the songwriter?” Hyesung asked as eat the chicken.

“Well, she agreed to make us a song” Eric answered happily.

“It’s good then” Hyesung responded and Eric nodded.

“It’s kinda hard to persuade her at first, but we did it” Eric added.

“It’s really fortunate that we have you and Minwoo” Hyesung said sincerely. Eric smiled.

“Thank you Hyesung-ah. By the way, you said you have something to tell me” Eric reminded him. Hyesung nodded.

“My mom just call me a while ago-”

“Oooh auntie, I miss her so much” Eric cut Hyesung.

“Yeah, She said she misses you too and don’t cut me when I’m talking” Hyesung glared at Eric. Eric just nodded his head obediently.

“Well, she asked me to go home this weekend-”

“Can I come with you?” Eric asked and cut Hyesung again. Hyesung looked at him in disbelief.

“A- ah I’m sorry… I’m just too excited… You may continue” Eric said with apologetic tone.

“Ahem” Hyesung cleared his throat. He can’t believe Eric wants to go to his house without him asked.

“Well, mom said your mom sent her a package and there is something for you too. So mom asked me to bring you along this weekend and apparently you invited yourself. So everything is settled and you come with me, right?” Hyesung asked. Eric nodded furiously.

“We’re going to stay overnight there right?” Eric asked. Hyesung shrugged his shoulder.

“I don’t know. Just prepare in case” Hyesung said. Eric nodded again.

“Eh, Hyesungie… I think I still have some clothes in your house. Remember when we had sleepover there with members and I had to go back suddenly due my shooting schedule?” Eric asked. Hyesung looked at him then nodded.

“Then I won’t bring anything” Eric said.

“Yeah whatever. Do what you want” Hyesung said. Eric smiled and nodded. Then they continue their dinner in silent. Comfortable silent.

 

“By the way Hyesungie… Do you like the flower?” Eric suddenly asked randomly. Hyesung ignored him and kept eating.

“Hyesung-ah”

“Hyesung-ah…”

“Pilkyo-ah…”

“Hmmm?”

“I asked you… do you like-”

“Eric-ah, now that you finished your dinner, you can go home now” Hyesung cut Eric.

“Aaah whyyyy? Can I stay a little more?” Eric whined. Hyesung shook his head

“I’m tired after gave Junjin a lesson for pranked us. I want to sleep early tonight”  Hyesung said as pulled Eric to get up from the chair.

“Can I sleep here again?” Eric asked while Hyesung dragged him to the doorway.

“No” Hyesung simply answered.

“Can I give you a hug?” Eric stubbornly asked as trying to release himself from Hyesung.

“No” Hyesung rejected him again as opened the door. Eric pouted.

“Okay you win Shin Hyesung. Good night Hyesungie” Eric said as released himself from Hyesung’s grip. Hyesung nodded and smiled at him as the answer. Eric smiled mischievously before gave him a short hug and peck him on the cheek.

“Sleep tight Hyesungie!!!” Eric said as run as fast as possible from Hyesung’s apartment and left Hyesung frozen.