6

Oil and Water

 

“Mommy~~~ I’m home!!!” Hyesung shouted from outside as walked into his house. He can see his mom jog a little to the door to welcoming his son.

“Our Pilkyo is here~” Hyesung mom smiled and gave Hyesung a peck on cheek and a bear hug. Then she looked around and tried to see behind her tall son.

“You come alone? Where is Junghyuk?” Hyesung mom asked. Hyesung pouted.

“Your son is standing in front of you but you searching for someone else’ son?” Hyesung mumbled in a cute jealousy way. His mom chuckled and pinched Hyesung’s cheek.

“Aigoo my cute 34 y/o son still jealous over something like this. Are you failed to bring him here? I miss Junghyuk-”

“Auntie I’m here and missing you too~~” Eric shouted as soon as he saw Hyesung’s mom. Eric approached her and hugged her while Hyesung pouted more with arms crossed.

“Aigoo, look at my jealous son” Hyesung’s mom teased Hyesung. Eric turned to see Hyesung’s face and chuckled.

“Our Hyesungie so cute~” Eric said as ruffled Hyesung’s hair happily. Hyesung snorted and slapped away Eric’s hand.

“Don’t messing my hair” Hyesung snapped. Eric grinned widely and Hyesung’s mom just smiled looking at those two.

“Enough boys, now bring your thing to Pilkyo’s room. I’ll continue my cooking” Hyesung’s mom said as pulled the two to walk inside.

“Mom, Eric would stay in our guest room” Hyesung said.

“What to do? I change the guest room to storeroom last week” Hyesung’s mom said. Eric smiled a little. Trying to behave and hide his happiness in front of Hyesung’s mom.

“Well then, Eric can stay at Jinkyo’s room” Hyesung said again.

“Jinkyo will home today. Pilkyo-ah, Eric would stay in your room. Beside, recently we change your bed into a bigger one. Go to your room now” His mom said and left the two to the kitchen.

“So, I’ll sleep with you again tonight?” Eric asked happily. Hyesung pouted but his face flushed to a pinky color. He left Eric and go upstair with his belonging.

“Aaa Hyesungie, wait for me” Eric ran followed Hyesung behind.

 

“It’s good that I had a bigger bed. Means I don’t have to be squished with you in bed” Hyesung said right after he saw the new bed.

“Yes, now that you had a bigger bed, I don’t have to sleep here” Eric said brightly as threw himself to the couch inside Hyesung’s room.

“Oh, that’s a good Idea. You sleep on the couch tonight” Hyesung said and Eric pouted. Eric walked to the windows and saw a boy sat in front of Hyesung’s car. He palmed his face.

“What’s wrong Eric?” Hyesung asked curiously as walked toward Eric.

“I forgot. That boy asked my sign as soon as I went out from your car. After I gave him, he asked me to make you sign this for him. I-”

“Isn’t that Youngsukie? Aiish pabo ya, why you let a kid alone outside?” Hyesung said more to himself and stormed out of the room. Eric followed him behind, still confuse why Hyesung looked so panic.

 

“Youngsukie!!!” Hyesung shouted as soon as he saw the boy. The boy smiled brightly and run to hug Hyesung.

“Ahh Pilkyo hyung !!! How are you?” The boy question made Hyesung smiled.

“Eyy this kid I’ve told you to call me Hyesung, not Pilkyo” Hyesung knocked Youngsuk head lightly. Eric just watched them from behind.

“What are you doing here, Youngsukie? You can come inside. You know that pabo is stupid enough to let a kid like you waiting in front of my house” Hyesung said to Youngsuk as pulled him into his house. Youngsuk chuckled while looking to Eric. Eric pouted but still following them inside.

 

“Youngsukie, how is your family doing?” Hyesung asked the boy who sit beside him. Eric sat on the floor in front of them.

“Mommy and daddy is fine” Youngsuk answered with smile.

“How about… your… noona?” Hyesung asked again. Eric noticed a slightly sad look from Hyesung’s face.

“Oooh, Sooyoung noona is fine too. She got a new boyfriend. But I don’t like him. Daeho hyung never play with me like you. It’ll be great if you and sooyoung nuna still-”

“Youngsuk-ah” Hyesung cut Youngsuk with a warning tone. Youngsuk nodded and bowed down his face.

“I’m sorry hyung I just…” Youngsuk mumbled. Hyesung ruffled his hair but his eyes stole a glance to Eric who lost in his thought.

“No it’s fine” Hyesung said and his word made Youngsuk smiled again.

“Actually I come here not to see you. I come because I see Eric hyung and I wanna see him up close” Youngsuk said and smiled to Eric.

“Aaah, are you my fan?” Eric asked brightly to the boy but the boy shook his head. Eric pouted again.

“I wanna see Pilkyo hyung bestfriend. Everytime you talk to our Pilkyo hyung on the TV, I can see a sincere smile from him although he always talking back to you. He looks so happy when he’s with you and that’s makes me happy too” Youngsuk smiled. Eric nodded as stole a glance to Hyesung who’s right now had a flushed crimson face.

“What are you talking about Youngsuk-ah? I’m happy with other members too” Hyesung said as pinched the boy’s cheek.

“You do look happy with other members hyung. But I don’t know why it’s different with Eric hyung. It’s like seeing you smile to my-”

“Yoo Youngsuk!” Hyesung warn him again. Youngsuk pouted.

“Hyung, where is your cellphone?” Youngsuk asked randomly. Hyesung gave him and the boy typed something with his phone.

“Hyung I have to go home before my mom called a police. Good bye hyung~” Youngsuk exaggerated and stood up. Hyesung hold his hand, prevented him to walk further.

“What were you typing on my phone?” Hyesung asked. Looked at Youngsuk suspiciously.

“I gave you my phone number. Is that wrong?” Youngsuk asked and pouted.

“Woow a kid like you already have a cellphone?” Eric butted in.

“Of course I am. Aaaah hyung-deul so meanie” Youngsuk pouted made Eric and Hyesung laughed.

“Eric hyung, can I ask you something?” Youngsuk asked and walked to Eric. Eric nodded and waited Youngsuk to speak but Youngsuk whispered to Eric instead.

“I’m always thankful Pilkyo hyung have you as a friend. He often talked about s to me mostly about you although I’m not really understood what he said since I still really young back then. Please take care of him” Youngsuk said in a low small voice. Eric smiled as nodded.

“Don’t worry Youngsuk-ah” Eric said as gave him a thumb up.

“Thanks a lot Hyung!” Youngsuk said cheerfully and pecked Eric’s cheek.

“Hey what are you two talked about and left me out?” Hyesung asked.

“Nothing. I’m going home now. Bye Pilkyo hyung, Eric hyung~” Youngsuk waved and ran to the outside.

“What was he said?” Hyesung asked Eric. Afraid that kid told Eric about his past relationship.

“Nothing much. He worried about you and said he thankful to have me and other members to accompany you these times. He asked me to take care of you” Eric said and Hyesung nodded.

“Aish that kid. He didn’t have to ask you that. I can take care of myself” Hyesung said. Eric stood up and sat beside Hyesung on the sofa.

“Yes, he didn’t have to ask me because no matter what, I will still take care of you even he didn’t ask and you don’t want” Eric said as put his arm behind his head and stared to the ceiling. Hyesung turned his eyes to Eric. He lost in Eric’s word and just staring at him blankly. His cheek felt hot and his heart fluttered. He didn’t know what to say back to Eric.

“E… Eric…” without him realizing it, he called Eric. Eric looked down to Hyesung and saw how vulnerable and fragile Hyesung with that kind of expression. It makes Eric want to hold and embraced him.

“Hyesung-ah” Eric intertwined their finger and surprisingly Hyesung didn’t reject him. Eric almost hugged him but he heard a footstep walked toward them and he hold himself to not hugged Hyesung right then.

“Did someone come? I heard a kid voice” Hyesung’s mom asked behind them.

“Yo- young-”

“Youngsukie just go home a few minutes ago, auntie” Eric cut Hyesung and answered it for him.

“Aaah Youngsukie? Sooyoung’s dongsaeng? By the way Pilkyo-ah, do you know Sooyoung is getting engaged next month?” Hyesung’s mom told him before walked back to the kitchen. Hyesung bowed his head and sighed. Looking at him, Eric tightened his grip to Hyesung.

“Are you okay, Hyesungie?” Eric asked. Hyesung looked up at him and nodded weakly.

“Are you sure?” Eric asked again, not believing Hyesung’s nod because his face surely said different things.

“What if I said I’m not okay?” Hyesung asked as tried to release Eric’s grip.

“You still love her?” Eric asked. Hyesung didn’t answer anything.

“Hyesung-ah…” Eric called him.

“I’m not” Hyesung stood up and walked away from Eric but Eric stopped him.

“You not what? Not love her or not okay?” Eric asked. Hyesung released his arm from Eric’s grip and looked straight into Eric’s eyes.

“Both” Hyesung answer shortly and grabbed his key car on the table.

“Where are you going?” Eric asked and snatched the key car from Hyesung’s hand.

“Eric-ah give me back my key” Hyesung talked at him almost like begging.

“No, I’ll come with you” Eric said stubbornly.

“I need to clear my mind for a while” Hyesung said still asking for his key but Eric shook his head.

“Okay, I’ll just walk” Hyesung said and grab his jacket.

“It’s cold outside Hyesungie. I’ll drive and won’t say a word” Eric persistently convince Hyesung. Hyesung looked at him and sighed.

“Eric, can you let me go alone just this once? You can do that for me at least, right? Please? Just give me some time; I really need to be alone now. I won’t go for long. I promise-“

“I understand Hyesung-ah. I won’t come with you now. But you have to promise me to back before dinner or I’ll go find you” Eric gave him the key. Hyesung took it and nodded to Eric.

“Thank you for understanding me” Hyesung gave Eric a small smile and walked out. Eric sat back to the sofa and massaged his temple.

“Well, now I’ll just help auntie in the kitchen and let Hyesungie clear his mind” Eric talked to himself and walked to the kitchen.

 

•-------•

 

“Junghyukkie, look at these pictures, which one do you prefer?” Hyesung’s mom gave Eric some girl photos.

“What is this for auntie?” Eric asked confusedly. Why Hyesung’s mom trying to find a girl for him? What for?

“Well, your mom and me had been talking about this for awhile. You and Hyesung are in the right age to get married. So we’re trying to help. Look at this girl, isn’t she pretty? She has a good background too” Hyesung’s mom pushed a photo to him. Eric just smile awkwardly don’t know what to say. Fortunately Hyesung arrived and saved him from this conversation.

“Mom, Eric, I’m home” Hyesung smiled brightly as walked in. Eric smiled at him, happy because Hyesung looks better.

“What is that?” Hyesung asked curiously and sat beside Eric.

“Her mom picked a few girls for him and asked me for help. You know exactly that you two are in the right age to get married. Junghyuk-ah, how about this girl?” Hyesung’s mom turned his attention to Eric and gave him the photo. Eric laughed awkwardly as accept the photo from Hyesung’s mom hand.

“Mom, you make Eric uncomfortable~” Hyesung whined as sort out the photos and gave it back to his mom.

“Pilkyo, you can’t be jealous right now” Hyesung’s mom warning him.

“I’m not being jealous mom, seriously. Look at Eric now” Hyesung said and pointed to Eric. Eric didn’t know what to do and just smile.

“What’s wrong with you son? He smile” Hyesung’s mom said as smiling back to Eric.

“He smile awkwardly mom. If only I know you ask me to bring him for this, I won’t bring him here” Hyesung said.

“Listen Pilkyo-ah. Not only Eric, I got some for you too” His mom said and took out an envelope.

“I picked them one by one. Every single of them very good in aegyo and can knit” Hyesung’s mom said as handed that to Hyesung.

“Mom…” Hyesung tried to reject but no use.

“Listen to me son, just look at it for a while, maybe someone can suit with your liking” Hyesung’s mom convinced him.

“Mom-” Hyesung tried to argue.

“It’s not like you are seeing anyone” Hyesung’s mom argued back.

“What if I love someone else now?” Hyesung asked. His mother didn’t say anything and looked at his son, so as Eric.

“If you really have one, I’ll stop. I promise” Hyesung’s mom answered. Hyesung nodded and stood up.

“Great, you need to stop mom because I’m in love with someone. I need to take a bath before dinner. Excuse me” Hyesung said before going upstair. Hyesung’s mom and Eric stared at each other, speechless with Hyesung’s action.

“Junghyuk-ah, what just happened?” Hyesung’s mom asked. Eric shook his head.

“Is my Pilkyo in love with someone?” Hyesung’s mom asked again. Eric shook his head again, signing her that he really didn’t know about that.

“My Pilkyo won’t lie to me, right?” Hyesung’s mom asked to Eric. Eric nodded his head.

“I’m going to ask Hyesung right now. Don’t worry Auntie; I believe Hyesung never dare to lie to you. Now excuse me” Eric said as excuse himself and went to Hyesung’s room.

 

*knock knock knock*

 

“Hyesungie, can I come in?” Eric asked from the outside and got no answer from Hyesung. Eric went in to the room as looked around. He found Hyesung curled like a ball on his bed. Eric sat beside Hyesung and caressed his hair softly.

“Hyesungie, what happened? Why you acted like that?” Eric asked gently. Hyesung looked up with an upset face.

“I can’t believe you can handle my mom” Hyesung mumbled and put down his face between his knees again.

“Why? Your mom just trying to help” Eric chuckled. Hyesung looked up and looked at Eric in disbelief.

“So you’re going to accept my mom’s help? Ok fine, choose one of the girls. I don’t care” Hyesung raised his voice.

“You know that’s not what I mean” Eric tried to calm Hyesung. Hyesung just stared straight to the front. Didn’t say anything in return.

 

“Hyesung-ah…” Eric called Hyesung after gave him some times to calm down.

“hmmm” Hyesung answered without looking back to Eric.

“Are you serious in love with someone?” Eric asked carefully to Hyesung, afraid he would explode again. But Hyesung didn’t answer him.

“Hyesung-ah…” Eric tried again.

“Yes” Hyesung answered shortly.

“Can you tell me who is it?” Eric asked again.

“Why do you care?” Hyesung suddenly snapped. Eric took a deep breath then let it out.

“Of course I care because I love you” Eric answered with a gentle voice.

“Is it Sooyoung?” Eric asked. Hyesung didn’t answer.

“You still in love with her?” Eric asked again. Hyesung still not answer him.

“It’s okay Hyesung. It’s fine if you still love her. I’ll help you” Eric said to Hyesung tried to comfort him although it’s hurt. Hyesung looked at Eric with watered eyes before explode.

“Mun Junghyuk. You are stupid or what? How come you said it’s fine if I’m falling in love with other person when you claim yourself in love with me. Do you really love me? If you are, how come you want to help someone you love to get other person beside yourself? How come you giving up so easily? How dare you playing with my heart like this? How dare you Mun Junghyuk!!!” Hyesung cried loudly and kept hitting Eric's chest. Eric tried to make Hyesung stop but he failed.

“You really want to know who I love? Fine I’ll tell you. I love someone who stupidly never giving up at me when I always reject this person. I love someone who stubbornly asking me to eat together everyday. I love someone who promise to take care of me even if I don’t want to be protected. I LOVE YOU MUN JUNGHYUK!!! ” 

 


 

A/N : Now Hyesung already tell Eric his feeling, What do you think? hahaha, I dont know why but I have a sudden urge to update this fic today. Hope you guys like this chapter ^^ and thanks a lot for your support. See you in the next chapter ^^