7

Oil and Water

 

“… I LOVE YOU MUN JUNGHYUK !!!”

 

Hyesung cried heartily and letting his head drop to Eric’s chest after his dramatic confession. He gripped tightly on Eric’s shirt as if his life depended on it while Eric went blank after Hyesung’s confession. His head kept replaying Hyesung’s last word.

 

I LOVE YOU MUN JUNGHYUK

I LOVE YOU MUN JUNGHYUK

I LOVE YOU MUN JUNGHYUK

HE LOVES ME?

SHIN HYESUNG LOVES ME?

 

Eric still couldn’t believe what he just heard from Hyesung’s lips. Now that the man he loves confessed to him, he didn’t know what to do. Is he really a stupid like Hyesung said? He should be happy or maybe shouted to the world that Shin Hyesung loves him back. But he just sat frozen staring at the helpless man who leaned on his chest.

 

“Is Hyesung really mean it?” Eric asked out loud without him realizing it.

 

Oh right… I’m really stupid… why am I saying it out loud? It’ll make Hyesung hurt.

 

“Ah- I… didn’t mean… to say it out loud…” Eric said with guilty filled in his voice. Hyesung looked up with tears shimmering on his eyes. Eric felt a million knives stabbed his heart after seeing Hyesung’s teary eyes. Eric gulped back his tears. It hurts. Just seeing Hyesung cry succeed made Eric’s heart hurt.

“I-… I-” Hyesung tried to talk but his voice cracked. He bowed his head again and began to sob. Eric lifted Hyesung’s face by cupped his chin. He run his thumb to Hyesung’s cheek, brushed off the tears.

“E- Eric I-” Hyesung tried to talk again but Eric shushed him by placing his finger on Hyesung’s lips. Their gaze locked on each other. Eric gave Hyesung a small smile as wiped Hyesung’s tears. Hyesung shook his head weakly, still looking at Eric’s eyes. He had to… No… He needed to say it. Hyesung took a deep breath to stop his sob.

“E- Eric… that… I really mean it. I can’t hold my feeling anymore. I tried so hard to stop my feeling for you even before you confessed to prevent bad things from happening… I always think keeping a distance from you is the best solution...To be honest; it hurt so much to push you whenever you tried to come closer… It becomes so unbearable especially when you keep being so nice to me after what I did to you… I always tried my best to giving you a cold shoulder… To make you hate me… But… when you started to ignore me after that night… my hearts… breaks… It should be a great chance… to make you hate me. But… I don’t think I can live if you hate me… I-” Hyesung stopped. He wiped his own tears.

“Hyesung-ah… stop…” Eric asked almost begging to Hyesung. He can’t bear hearing Hyesung’s hardship. His probably nothing compared to Hyesung’s.

“Eric…” Hyesung looked at him with sad eyes.

“Yes Hyesungie?” Eric answered him. Hands cupped Hyesung’s small face and wiped his tears from his both cheeks.

“Can I ask you to promise me one thing?” Hyesung asked as removed Eric’s hand on his cheeks.  Eric nodded slowly.

“Don’t ever hate me no matter what happen” Hyesung said. Still looking at his face hopelessly.

“Of course Hyesung-ah… I won’t” Eric answered then running his hand to Hyesung’s pale cheek and caressed it.

“...  Even after I say this to you” Hyesung removed Eric’s hand again before bowed his head. Eric felt rejected. He knew. Hyesung going to said something that hurt him. Hurt them.

“What is that?” Eric asked; barely allowing him self hoped high because he knew what’d come.

“Eric-ah… Let’s be realistic… You and I are both man…  We shouldn’t- no, we can’t fall in love with each other. People are watching every move we made. A little mistake can blew away what we work for years. No we can’t do this…“ Hyesung said as shook his head weakly.

“Look at me when you say that” Eric said and lifted Hyesung’s face. Hyesung didn’t say anything in return. He can't look straightly to him and say that to his face.

“Stop torturing yourself Hyesungie… ” Eric said as hold Hyesung’s hand.

“Eric, you do know that it’s impossible for us. Lets avoid bad things and keep it for ourselves” Hyesung tried to convince Eric although he knew it won’t change Eric’s mind.

“Hyesungie, You do know too that there is no impossible word in my dictionary. There won’t be Shinhwa today if we stick walking in order. It’s not the way I work. I’m not work to reach people expectation. I won’t stop without a fight”

“But Eric… ”

“No but, hyesung-ah. I know that’s not coming from your heart. Don’t be so hard on yourself. We’ll regret if we don’t try”

“What if-”

“Hyesung… Don’t you worry about a thing. Let’s just be happy together…”

“You think we can?” Hyesung asked with unsure eyes.

“Sure” Eric tightened his hold on Hyesung’s hand before pulling him into his embrace. Tightly.

“I- I… ” Hyesung took a deep breath before hug Eric back.

“I love you Eric… Thanks for not giving up to a stubborn man like me” Hyesung whispered. Eric smiled at that. He released their hug and looking at Hyesung’s crystal clear eyes.

“I love you too Hyesungie… So much…” Eric said, without wasting any time he planted his lips on Hyesung’s lips. Hyesung’s lips felt so soft and warm. Eric started to nibble Hyesung’s lips playfully. Hyesung blinked twice in confusion before kissed him back happily. Hyesung wrapped his arm around Eric’s neck while Eric pushed him to lie on the bed. They broke the kiss then looking at each other lovingly. Slowly Hyesung’s face reddened. He covered his red face with his palm shyly. Eric chuckled at the view and removed Hyesung’s hand.

“Don’t… I wanna see your cute face” Eric said to the man under him. Hyesung pouted in protest but Eric kiss the pout to . Hyesung groaned and pushed Eric away.

“Move! I need to take a bath before dinner” Hyesung said as trying to get up but Eric pushed him back to the bed.

“Eric, I warn you! Move!” Hyesung yelled tried to escape from Eric’s hold but Eric ignored him and tightened his hold on Hyesung’s wrist then trying to peck every part on Hyesung’s face with big wide smile plastered on his lips. Hyesung groaned again.

“I’ve warned you” Hyesung said before ‘lovingly’ kicked Eric’s side. Eric stumbled and fell beside Hyesung. Without wasting any chance, Hyesung got up but pecked Eric’s lips quickly before ran to the bathroom and locked it.

“I’ve told you to move. Not my fault!” Hyesung shouted from the bathroom. Eric chuckled again.

“That’s my Hyesung” Eric talked to him self while rubbed the part that Hyesung just kicked ‘lovingly’.

 

•-------•

 

“What taking you so long to come down? I’m starving to death, you know” Jinkyo protested as soon as he saw Hyesung walked in to the dining room but smirked knowingly after seeing Eric followed Hyesung behind.

“So what our Junghyuk hyung is doing here?” Jinkyo asked. Eyes stared at his brother waiting for his brother epic expression and explanation. He loves to tease his brother because his brother’s expression so pure and real. So child-like. Sometimes he wonders why Hyesung is the hyung. He means, since they were kids, his hyung crying a lot more than him. He always stood up for his hyung and defended him since his hyung more to a shy and silent types. If only he was born faster than Hyesung, he must be become an overprotective hyung for Hyesung. He smiled at the memories.

“Eric is here because I- ah no, mom… Ah I don’t know! Ask your mom!” Hyesung mumbled like a child and pouted. Jinkyo smiled widely after seeing Hyesung’s expression.

“I asked him to bring Junghyuk here, Jinkyo-ah. Pilkyo-ah… mommy was wrong okay? I’m sorry… Mommy won’t ask you to see that photos and meddle your love life anymore. If you love someone, love her with all your heart. Don’t break her heart” Hyesung’s mom said to him as gripped Hyesung’s hand. Hyesung smiled shyly and nodded.

“Of course mom, thank you” Hyesung said. Tried his best to look at Eric from the corner of his eyes and not directly to look at Eric when his mom said that. But of course Jinkyo knew it.

“You should bring her here sometimes” His mom said again. Hyesung panicky jumped a little from the chair after his mom said that then became calmer a few seconds later. Jinkyo assumed probably Eric hold his hand to make him calm. Who knows?

“Mom, Pilkyo hyung already bring that person here a few times” Jinkyo finally talk made all eyes set on him. Jinkyo just smiled and continue to eat his food, pretended to not really care.

“Really? Who? If I’m not mistaken, Pilkyo only bring one girl to home and that’s only Sooyoung. Is it Sooyoung? But she getting engage next month” Hyesung’s mom said and looked at his older son worriedly. Hyesung just smiled bitterly. Didn’t know how to answer his mother. Jinkyo stared at Eric who suddenly stopped eating and their eyes met. Jinkyo smirked then just shrugged his shoulder and smiled to Eric before continue his unfinished dinner. His mother keep asking his hyung and of course his hyung didn’t answer her. Jinkyo sighed. It’s his fault. He shouldn’t bring out the topic.

“It’s not Sooyoung mom” Jinkyo said to his mom. He can see Hyesung sighed in relief after Jinkyo said that.

“But who?” Hyesung’s mom asked again now to Jinkyo.

“I don’t know either. I’m just guessing. Don’t worry mom, Pilkyo hyung would tell us when the time is right. Right, Pilkyo hyung?” Jinkyo asked and gave Hyesung his sweetest smile. Hyesung chuckled.

“I’ll kiss you later Jinkyo” Hyesung said. Jinkyo abruptly shook his head.

“Just gave me the king size bed in your room” Jinkyo said to Hyesung then he looked at Eric then to Hyesung then to Eric again. Thinking what possible things they did on the bed.

“Uuugh no. I don’t think I want the bed” Jinkyo grumbled then laughed awkwardly when he realized Hyesung and Eric looked at him confusedly.

“What are you three talking about? Mommy can’t catch it” Hyesung’s mom pouted and all of them laughed.

“Don’t worry auntie, it’s not really important” Eric said and the Jung brothers nodded.

 

“Mom, thanks for the delicious food” Hyesung said after he finished the dinner and stood up.

“Where are you going?” His mom asked. Hyesung pointed to the upstair.

“No, wash the dish first!” His mom ordered him. He pouted.

“Mom, can’t you ask Jinkyo to do it? I’m tired” Hyesung pleaded. His mom shook her head.

“Jinkyo already help me set the table. Do it now” Hyesung’s mom said. Jinkyo smiled when see his brother hesitated took the dirty bowls and plates.

“Eric, help me!” Hyesung ordered Eric. Eric stood up but Hyesung’s mom hold his hand.

“No, Junghyuk is going to see more pictures. I promised his mom to make Eric at least choose two girls” Hyesung’s mom said. Hyesung pouted again.

“Mom, I told you don’t make Eric uncomfortable” Hyesung said but his mother ignored him and gave Eric the photos again.

“Yeah whatever. Just choose two girls randomly then help me wash the dish!” Hyesung said angrily then walked to the kitchen. Jinkyo took some left dirty dish and followed Hyesung behind.

 

Hyesung smiled when heard a footstep behind him. So Eric did choose him over his mother. He turned around but surprised when he saw his brother.

“Woow, you look disappointed. Didn’t expect me to help you?” Jinkyo asked in hurt tone jokingly. Hyesung laughed awkwardly as shook his head.

“Of course not Jinkyo-ah. I’m thankful you want to help me” Hyesung said as put the dish on the sink and the tap.

“So, how’s your relationship going with that person?” Jinkyo asked as they started to wash the dish.

“Is it okay if I’m not telling you who’s the person?” Hyesung asked. Jinkyo smiled and nodded.

“It’s fine” Jinkyo said. It was really obvious to him that his brother in love with Eric. But he can’t help if his brother still feeling shy.

“So, that person confessed to me a long time ago but… I kind of reject it and I just confessed my feeling to that person. Thankfully that person still love me and accepted my feelings” Hyesung said.

“And why is that? I mean why you rejected that person when you love that person so much?” Jinkyo asked again. Hyesung took a deep breath.

“Because I’m afraid” Hyesung answered shortly.

“Thanks god I’m not a celebrity. Still never understand why people so concern about celebrity’s love life” Jinkyo said although he knew that’s not what his brother means.

“You love that person?” Jinkyo asked. Now he looked directly to Hyesung’s eyes.

“I love that person so much it hurt. I’ve tried to make that person hate me to forget me but… never succeed. That person asked me to not worry about a thing and be happy together” A happy beauty smile plastered on Hyesung’s lips as he said that to his brother. Jinkyo nodded knowingly. That person, aka Eric is the right person for his brother. He promised himself to help and support them although the world against them.

“I’m so happy you found your happiness Pilkyo hyung. I’ll support you no matter what happen. Just tell me if something happened. I’m ready to against people who ruin my brother happiness” Jinkyo said firmly. Hyesung turned off the tap and stared at his brother gratefully before hug him.

“Thanks a lot Jinkyo… You don’t know how your words can help and encouraging me” Hyesung said and hugged him more tightly. Jinkyo smiled and hugged his brother back.

“Hyung, Look at you, I’m not seeing you for 3 months and you become a lot skinnier than before. You didn’t lie to me that you eat well, right?” Jinkyo started nagging at Hyesung when he felt Hyesung’s body skinnier when hugged him.

“I’m not lying… I always eat on time. But maybe… with a little portion” Hyesung replied with a small voice. He didn’t know why he’s so afraid everytime Jinkyo nagged at him. It’s like a kid scared of his mother when his mother found out his bad score.

“Don’t stress your self so much hyung” Jinkyo said. Hyesung nodded.

“Ask your love to eat with you or I’ll scold that person for not taking a good care of my brother” Jinkyo said again but Hyesung laughed.

“Do you even know who is that person?” Hyesung asked mockingly.

“What if I actually know?” Jinkyo smiled sweetly to Hyesung. Hyesung raised his eyebrow in disbelief but chuckled after that.

“Impossible” Hyesung responded. Jinkyo chuckled a long with Hyesung.

“Hyung, let’s go save Junghyuk hyung. Mom must be really torturing him right now” Jinkyo said as pulled his hyung along with him.

 

“Junghyuk-ah, look at this. Which one do you prefer?” Hyesung’s mom asked and Eric laughed awkwardly at her. He had been randomly chosen the girls and now 4 girls left. He should have called his mother when he excused himself to calm Hyesung this evening.

“Moom stop it!” Hyesung shouted from behind.

“Pilkyo-ah, mom already promised Junghyuk’s mother” His mother reasoned and turned her attention to the photos again.

“If you keep continue this, I won’t go home next month” Hyesung stomped his feet to the ground like a child. Jinkyo smiled. Now it’s time for him to step in.

“Mom, can I borrow Junghyuk hyung for a while?” Jinkyo asked. For a moment all eyes looked at him confusedly. Jinkyo chuckled when looking at their blank expression.

“I need him to help me since Pilkyo hyung is tired and mom, it’s getting late, you need to rest too” Jinkyo said. His mom nodded before yawned.

“You right I need to rest. Good night kids” Hyesung’s mom said as stood up then walked to her room.

“Woow Jinkyo… How come?” Hyesung asked in disbelief. Jinkyo smiled.

“You’re tired too hyung. Go sleep” Jinkyo said.

“I’m not that tired. I can go with you two” Hyesung insisted but his body betrayed him by yawned.

“No, you aren’t, hyung. Don’t worry, I just need to buy something and need his opinion. You want to help me, right Junghyuk hyung?” Jinkyo asked to Eric. Eric nodded and smiled to him.

“Okay, just don’t go home late and don’t drink alcohol too much. I don’t want to deal with 2 drunken man in the morning” Hyesung said before going to the upstairs.

“Hyesung-ah, don’t lock the door” Eric reminded him. Hyesung gave an okay sign with his finger and continue walking.

“Woow… He’s not talking back at you now” Jinkyo said in amazement.

“Thanks for saving me” Eric said. Jinkyo smiled.

“You know exactly that I did that not for you, but for my brother, right?” Jinkyo said. Eric nodded.

“So I guess you got something to talk to me? Need my opinion about something just an excuse to get me, huh?” Eric asked. Jinkyo chuckled.

“You got me. Let’s go to the nearest cafe” Jinkyo said as took his key car on the table. Eric followed him behind.

“You can call your mom now since you have to deal with her first about match-making things before deal with me” Jinkyo said as soon as they leave the house. Eric nodded obidiently. Later he would deal with his first obstacle in their relationship. Hyesung’s brother.