4

Oil and Water

 

“Minwoo hyung, why did you say I set her up with you?” Junjin asked as soon as they come out from the room. Minwoo chuckled.

“Jin-ah you said you wanted to troll Eric-”

“But hyung, I can just give him the photo right there, right then. I can’t troll him if you say something like that” Junjin pouted. Minwoo shook his head.

“Pabo-ya… it’s not funny anymore if you just troll him with picture” Minwoo said as smirked.

“What do you mean?” Junjin asked. Minwoo didn’t answer. Junjin keep staring at Minwoo eyes then his eyes widened.

“NO NO NO” Junjin shouted as made the X sign with his hands.

“Why not?” Minwoo asked while laughing.

“No, Hyesung hyung would skin me alive if I do that” Junjin shook his head in fear.

“He won’t Jin-ah. He’s your mommy bird and he loves you too much to skin you alive. Believe me” Minwoo said. Junjin just keep shaking his head. Disagreed with Minwoo.

“Come on… This is more exciting than showing him the picture. Come on Jin-ah… We book 2 private rooms in restaurant. One for them and one for us. We see their expression before we tell them that we prank them. Come on… you won’t die alone Jin-ah” Minwoo convinced Junjin. Junjin just looked at him.

“Beside something happened between them, we not just prank them, we can help them with this” Minwoo added. Junjin looked at Minwoo and sighed.

“Okay, I do this just because I want to help them” Junjin said but Minwoo sneered.

“Just say you got me another date to Eric, okay?” Minwoo said before comeback to the room. Junjin nodded and followed him.

 

•-------•

 

What are you doing here?Both asked in unison.

 

“No, you answer me first” both asked in unison again. Hyesung sighed.

“Junjin take me here to have a dinner together but he left me alone. How about you?” Hyesung asked. He saw the flower on Eric’s hand and smirked.

“Well… wait” Eric went out then went in.

“I’m not wrong… This is room number 4” Eric said with confused tone. Eric closed the door and sat across to Hyesung.

“That’s mean?” Hyesung asked. Not fully understand with the situation.

“I supposed to have the blind date here. But yeah… you’re here” Eric said.

“What’s that mean? So I must go before your date come?” Hyesung asked. He still not grasped the situation. Eric laughed.

“Pabo-ya… It means Jinnie put a prank on us” Eric answered. Hyesung just blinked his eyes twice with confused and lost face.

“Yah, don’t put that face” Eric smiled as ruffled Hyesung’s hair.

“But why? I don’t-”

“Maybe we just too obvious” Eric cut Hyesung.

“Obvious?” Hyesung asked again.

“Yeah our fight. Maybe Jinnie just wanted to help us” Eric answered. Hyesung nodded slowly.

“But… what if Jinnie didn’t prank us? What if your date comes later? I should eat faster now” Hyesung panicked and started to swallow his food in rush.

“Hyesung-ah, slowly. She won’t come” Eric said and smiled looking at how Hyesung eat his food. Like a child. Messy.

“How can you be so sure?” Hyesung asked with mouthful of food, eyes still focused on his food. Eric smiled. He pulled his hand to Hyesung’s corner lips and wiped some sauce on it. Hyesung looked up to Eric with a flushed face.

“You…” Hyesung pointed his finger to Eric, face still red of embarrassment.

“Don’t do that again!” Hyesung shouted as wiped his own mouth. Eric chuckled at Hyesung’s cuteness.

“Don’t laugh!” Hyesung glared at Eric. Eric just nodded still laughing.

“I said don’t- aargh whatever. I’m done here! I still have to catch a cab” Hyesung stood up and walked away but Eric stopped him from his seat.

“Please stay Hyesung-ah…” Eric said as looked up to Hyesung. Hyesung raised his arm, trying to release his hand from Eric’s grip.

“It’s lonely to eat alone. Please?” Eric pleaded again. Hyesung sighed and back to his seat.

“Okay, now go order your food. I’m tired” Hyesung said as handed him the menu.

“I’ll go once your date show up” Hyesung continued.

“I’ve told you, she won’t come. Does she even exist?” Eric asked.

“Ahh, I want sashimi. Hyesung-ah, do you remember you promised me to eat sashimi together? Can we eat now?” Eric asked again.

“I’m full with spaghetti. No, thanks” Hyesung replied. Eric pouted.

“Come on, I’ll pay” Eric said then pressed a button to order his food.

“By the way, this is for you since my date didn’t show up” Eric said as gave Hyesung the flower but Hyesung rejected him.

“Are you kidding me? You want to give a girl this flower in the first meeting?” Hyesung asked in disbelief.

“Yeah, I’m romantic, huh?” Eric boasted himself, slightly disappointed because Hyesung rejected his flower.

“Romantic my foot. Pabo-yah, do you even know what yellow carnation means?” Hyesung asked. Eric shook his head.

“I asked the shopkeepers, she said carnation is good for blind date-” Eric answered.

“But not the yellow one” Hyesung cut him.

“It means rejection and disappointment. You’ll hurt her heart in the first meeting. Tsk tsk tsk” Hyesung added as shook his finger. Hyesung explanation made Eric dumbfounded.

“Aaah I understand, that’s why you didn’t want to accept this flower. You don’t want me to reject you, right right?” Eric asked suddenly and grinned at Hyesung. Hyesung smacked Eric’s head with the menu book.

“Park Choongjae you’ll die tomorrow” Hyesung hissed. Eric just laughed.

 

•-------•

 

“Park Choongjae you’ll die tomorrow”

 

“Aaah Minwoo hyung I hate you! What if Hyesung hyung kill me tomorrow?!” Junjin whispered to Minwoo. Minwoo just chuckled and keep watching Eric and Hyesung from the slightly opened door that separated their room.

“I’ve told you we should’ve go out as soon as they meet. Now how to end this prank?” Junjin asked still grumbling.

“But we got to see this… shy shy Hyesung and gentle Eric. Aww how precious~” Minwoo aww-ing. Junjin pouted.

“Good for you but disaster for me” Junjin grumbled.

“Don’t worry I’ll take responsibility too tomorrow. Beside, I believe your mommy bird won’t kill you. By the way let’s foot the bill and left them now” Minwoo said and patted Junjin’s shoulder then closed the door carefully.

“We are not showing up and tell them it’s a prank?” Junjin asked. Minwoo smiled.

“But he will curse me all night long and sends me many curse word later. Oh my… I can’t imagine it. I really shouldn’t follow your plan” Junjin keep grumbling.

“Just don’t activate your phone until you meet him,” Minwoo said.

“Aah hyung, why don’t we watch them till finish while we at it? I’ll get cursed anyway” Junjin asked.

“I do like to watch them acting lovey dovey but no thanks. What if they kissing or do something inappropriate?” Minwoo asked.

“No they won’t. As much as Hyesung hyung likes Eric hyung, Hyesungie hyung won’t do that I believe” Junjin said.

“Uugh just… let’s go” Minwoo dragged Junjin out.

 

•-------•

 

“Hyesung-ah why you keep insisting to take a cab while I bring my own car?” Eric asked as trying to drag Hyesung with him.

“I need to buy something on my way home” Hyesung reasoned but Eric keep dragging him and succeed made him sit on his car.

“Shin Hyesung, I don’t get your logic. We are neighbor, live in the same building, few days ago you said we are best friend but why are you acting like this?” Eric asked. Hyesung looked at him then looked down to his hand.

“I don’t know…” Hyesung whispered. He looked up to Eric with a sad face.

“Why are you so nice to me?” Hyesung asked. Eric didn’t answer him.

“Weeks ago I was really harsh to you and we’re not talking since then. Suddenly you helped me dance and viola everything back to normal” Hyesung added.

“I don’t find anything weird from that” Eric answered as shrugged.

“I mean…” Hyesung stopped and took a long breath.

“How come you… not mad at me? After all what I’ve done” Hyesung asked.

“I did mad at you and ignored you if you not remember” Eric reminded him.

“But why you… still want to talk to me?” Hyesung asked again.

“You said you would talk and look at me if I ‘m not step in to your room which is I didn’t. So I can talk and look at you” Eric said. Hyesung didn’t say anything in return.

 “You said you wanted to buy something. Where are we going now?” Eric asked.

“No, Let’s just go home” Hyesung answered and Eric nodded.

“Eric, can I sleep for a while?” Hyesung asked. Eric looked at him.

“Sure, you look tired” Eric answered and patted Hyesung’s head.

“Thank you” Hyesung smiled then closed his eyes. Not long after that soft snore can be heard from Hyesung. Eric smiled. It has been a long time Hyesung not smiling at him and when he do its just because he let him sleep in his car.

 

“Hyesung-ah…” Eric called Hyesung.

“Hyesung-ah, we’re arrived…” Eric started to shake Hyesung’s body. Hyesung opened his eyes slowly.

“Where are we?” Hyesung asked as rubbed his eyes.

“We’re arrived. Let’s get out from the car” Eric said as helped Hyesung out from his car and led him into his apartment’s door.

“Hyesung-ah, you can take care from this, right?” Eric asked. Hyesung nodded slowly.

“Good night Hyesungie, sleep tight” Eric said then ruffled Hyesung’s hair.

“Thanks Eric, night” Hyesung mumbled then Eric walked away to his own apartment. Hyesung pressed a few numbers on his door. But he keep insert the wrong password. He sighed and trying again. After trying at least for 10 minutes, he finally gave up and reached out his cell phone to call Eric. He himself surprised he can call Eric but can’t enter his own apartment. Thankfully Eric picked up immediately.

 

“Yes Hyesungie?”

“Can you help me?” Hyesung asked with a weak voice.

“What happened?” Eric asked back.

“I…”

“Are you hurt?” Eric asked.

“No, I just-”

“I’ll come right away. Wait for me” Eric said and hung up the phone.

 

“Hyesungie, what are you doing outside?” Eric asked Hyesung who curled in front of apartment door.

“I… kind of… forget my password” Hyesung looked up to Eric with tired eyes.

“You’re just too tired. What are you doing this afternoon with Junjin?” Eric asked as pressed some number on the door.

“Starcraft, basketball, billiard, and… bowling…” Hyesung replied and stood up when the door unlocked.

“No wonder…” Eric said as helped Hyesung to stood up.

“What… is that?” Hyesung asked and pointed into Eric’s left hand.

“It’s white chrysan… chrysanthemum for you, well I kind of forget to gave you when we’re in the-”

“Explain later. Can’t understand anything now” Hyesung put his finger on Eric’s lips and walked slowly to the doorway. Eric followed him behind and put the flower into the empty vase on the table. Hyesung lay down immediately right after he met his bed. Eric smiled then shook Hyesung’s body.

“Hyesung-ah, you need to change your clothes first” Eric said.

“Later… Too tired… Thanks for your help” Hyesung mumbled.

“At least take off your jacket” Eric said and helped Hyesung to removed his jacket and socks.

“You don’t have to… But thanks…” Hyesung mumbled and smiled to Eric.

“Do you want me to help you washing your face?” Eric asked. Hyesung shook his head.

“Can I stay?” Eric asked. Hyesung opened his one eye and looked at Eric.

“Are you too tired to back to your place?” Hyesung asked. Before Eric answered, Hyesung shifted his body and made a space for Eric.

“Come here… sleep” Hyesung said as patted his bed with closed eyes. Eric smile widened and lay beside Hyesung in no time.

“Can I hug you?” Eric asked again tried his luck. Hyesung opened his eyes slowly, looked at Eric then closed it again.

“I’m too tired to care” Hyesung mumbled. Eric pulled Hyesung closer to him and circled his hand on Hyesung’s waist. Hyesung just smiled when Eric did so.