1

Oil and Water

going to tell you once again. This is the continuation of oil and water fic that I wrote here. I decided to make it as a chaptered fic. So, chapter 1 story is same like the one I wrote. Hope you guys like it. ^^

 


 

It was almost midnight when they finished ShinBang recording. After a few goodbye greeting etc, Hyesung walked to Taehak and ask him to take him home. Taehak nodded directly and helped Hyesung with his belonging.  He knew that his boss really tired. They walked together to the lobby and suddenly someone called Taehak’s name, made the two stopped their track. It was Bogeun. Bogeun said the van that supposed to take him and Eric home can’t come and ask him whether they can ride their van since Hyesung an Eric live in the same building. Taehak didn’t say anything and just looked at Hyesung. Hyesung let a long sigh then nodded. Bogeun keep bowing as saying thank you to Hyesung for a few times until Taehak stopped him and ask him to hurry since Hyesung looks really tired then he said that they’d wait in the van.

 

Eric opened the van and sit beside Hyesung. He stared at Hyesung until Hyesung looked back at him.

“Hi, Hyesungie” He greeted the other man cheerfully like his usual self. Hyesung just groaned and closed his eyes.

“Thanks for letting me ride your van,” He said again. The latter just nodded with closed eyes.

“Today was a tough day. I’m tired-”

“Please Eric, would you shut your mouth? I’ll appreciate it if you just stay still without say anything” Hyesung said coldly to the latter still in closed eyes.

“Okay” Eric said and didn’t say anything after that. Few minutes later a soft snore can be heard in the van. Eric took a look at the man beside him with a hurt look. He sighed. Since when they became apart like this…

 

They arrived at their apartment building. With sleepy eyes, Hyesung get out from the van with his belonging. He didn’t say anything to Eric and walked tiredly to the building first. Eric said thank you to the two managers and caught up behind Hyesung. Since they live in the same floor, Hyesung didn’t care Eric walked behind him and rode the same lift as him. He just wanted to meet his bed as soon as possible. He even didn’t realize that Eric staring at him a whole time.

 

Hyesung stood up in front of his door and press a few numbers before getting in. Because his door automatically closed and locked it self, he didn’t bother to close it himself. He intended to walk to the kitchen to grab a drink before go to sleep until someone stopped him by back hugging him. He sighed. He knew exactly who is the person that dared to sneak in to his apartment and hug him like this.

 

“What are you doing?” Hyesung asked in a cold tone.

“Don’t move” The other said.

“What do you think you are doing?” Hyesung asked again. Harshly.

“Please…” The other pleaded. Hyesung sighed.

“Stop it will you?” Hyesung said as trying to untie the man’s hand around his waist.

“Can’t you feel my sincere?” This time he asked and tightened the hug.

“I’m sorry Junghyuk... But I don’t want to fall into your trap again” Hyesung answered as biting his lips.

“I- it wasn’t a trap” Eric stated.

“You say that wasn’t a trap. Then what is that called? Are you kidding me?!” Hyesung asked in disbelief and managed to release himself from Eric’s hug.

“I can’t believe you called my confession as a trap. Really. It wasn’t a trap. If you don’t like it, I’m sorry. I’ll try harder to get your heart next time” Eric said as bowed his head.

“In our fans’ eyes we are just oil and water” Hyesung said that out of nowhere.

“Yeah, I know” Eric answered weakly.

“We’re just acting in front of them and camera” Hyesung continue his statement.

“I…”

“Then learn it live it love it!” Hyesung suddenly shouted then walked away from Eric. Eric reached Hyesung’s hand, prevented him to leave.

“I miss the ‘old’ us” Eric stated. Hyesung keep silent. Didn’t say anything.

“What happened to us in the past years?” Eric asked, sad clearly shown in his voice.

“What do you mean?” Hyesung asked. And for the first time in this whole conversation Hyesung looked back at him.

“We weren’t like this…” Eric answered as looking back to Hyesung’s eyes. Hyesung looked shocked and quickly avoided Eric’s eyes.

“I don’t get what do you mean by 'like this'” Hyesung said and keep looking to his hand that Eric holds.

“We were so close back then like a glue. Wherever there is me, there is you and vice versa. You always hug me when we met although we just apart for a while. You always talk to me and asked for some advices. You used to tell me everything what you feel and through everyday. Now… you rejected all my hugs and don’t even want to talk to me-”

“Great if you understand that I don’t want to talk to you. Now go! I’m so tired and need to sleep” Hyesung said as shoved his hand from Eric’s grip.

“Pilkyo-ah…” Eric tried to reach Hyesung’s hand again but failed. Hyesung quickly turned his heel when he heard Eric called his real name, his biggest weakness. He can’t be weak right now. Not when he almost win this conversation. Hyesung took a few deep breaths in his steps. Within 5 feet, Hyesung turned to Eric’s direction.

“I don’t care you stay or go home. Just don’t ever try to step your feet into my room or I wouldn’t talk or even look at you again,” Hyesung said harshly. Eric stood still, dumbfounded with what Hyesung just said. Hyesung turned his heel again and now really leave Eric alone to his room. Eric just looked at Hyesung’s back and without him realizing, tears slowly streamed down to his cheek. He knees felt weak and he fell to the ground. His breath sounds harder and he trying to get up by gripped the tableside. He walked slowly to the doorway with wall as support then get out from Hyesung’s apartment to his own.

 

Just like Eric, Hyesung fall to the ground as soon as he locked his room. Tears burst out from his eyes even more than Eric’s. Hurt, sad, and guilty feeling mixed into one. He gripped hard his shirt right on his heart as keep mumbled sorry in his unstoppable sob. He mentally convinced himself that he won’t regret this and carved these words into his head.

 

I’m sure what I did was for the best, for us, for our family and all.

Goodbye…

my love…