Chapter 9

Wherever You Are

 

Hey, we're going to take a walk on the beach!” Hoya yelled for the whole house to hear.

“Okay! Be back in time for dinner!”

“De~”

“Beach?! I'm totally coming!” Sungyeol said and put on his shoes.

Hoya glared at him.

“Come on giraffe. Let them be alone.” Myungsoo pulled on Sungyeol's shirt and dragged him somewhere.

“B-but, I love fishies...” Sungyeol whined.

 

We walked on the beach as I sniffed the air. The beach always has that unique smell to it. I haven't been to a beach in ages.

“Hoya...” I whispered.

“Hmm?”

“Am I going to be living with you forever?”

“I don't know. That question never really crossed my mind. But I wouldn't mind if you did. It's not like you give us problems.”

“I want to be independent too, you know?”

“Woah, independent. Big word. You're pretty much Korean now.”

I laughed. “I like it here.”

“If you want to live here, I can help you find a job and get a place of your own. But it seems like modeling works for you.”

I looked at him. “I don't ever want to do a bed scene ever again. Especially with Myungsoo. That was weird.”

“You didn't enjoy it? Any girl would kill to be you at that moment.” Hoya said.

“You try being half- in a bed with a man you live with.”

“Well I'm a man! I don't like Myungsoo like that!”

“Well neither do I!”

“Really?”

I nodded.

Hoya smiled to himself and stared out into the distance.

 

It started to get chilly as the sun became less and less visible. It was quiet as our feet were walking over the sand, and the were waves crashing. It was nice.

“Suri-ah~”

“Hmm?”

“My hands are cold.”

“Well what do you want me to do about that?” It's not like a have gloves. We're at the beach.

“Hold them.”

I stopped walking and looked at him. He put an innocent face on and pouted.

I stared at him as his soft hands took mine. He was lying. His hands were definitely warm. Even warmer than mine.

He started to skip around in circles and pull me along.

“La la la~” he sang.

I laughed at how ridiculous we probably looked right now.

 

“Hoya!” I screamed when he picked me up by the waist and ran into the water. “If you drop me, you're dead!”

“Oh really?” he challenged.

“Yeah!”

He chuckled and set me down. I shivered as my feet touched the cold water. The water was about up to my ankles.

“I could never drop you. You're light as a feather.” he stated.

I hit him.

“Ow!”

“Don't scare me! Give me a warning if you're gonna do that!”

“No way, it totally defeats the purpose. I like it when you scream my name.”

I hit him again, harder.

“ert!”

 

“Come on, let's go before your mom does something reckless.” I said and started walking back.

“Okay, my mom is a little strange but she's not a monster!”

“You never know...”

“Dang, we walked this far?” Hoya asked, as we stared at the house. The lights looked like it was a mile away.

“I didn't even realize...”

“I guess time flies when you're having fun.”

I smiled and looked at him. He smiled back. My heart went ba-dump as he put a strand of hair behind my ear.

 

We walked back in silence again. We passed a couple and made eye contact with them before smiling. The woman looked Korean, the man looked foreign.

“Beautiful night tonight.” the woman said.

“Yeah, it really is.” Hoya said back.

I looked at the man and I felt a weird feeling in my stomach. I know him. I know him. Who is he?

Reality smacked me in the face.

“Dad?” I whispered.

“Huh?” Hoya asked.

I turned around and the couple was already down the other side of the beach.

 

I sank to the ground as stared at him walking happily with a woman that's not my mother. He is was in Korea this whole time? Tears blurred my vision and before I knew it, I was sobbing uncontrollably.

“Suri! What's wrong?” Hoya knelt in front of me.

“He's here, living a happy life while I was living through hell with my mom. I hate him. I hate him!”

“What are you talking about?!”

I pointed down the beach. I didn't even realize my hands were shaking until Hoya took them in his hands.

“He left me...” I whispered. All those years I hoped he would come back for me, because I truly believed he loved me. But it seems like that was never an option.

Even though he still had no idea what was going on, Hoya hugged me as I cried into his shoulder.

We stayed like that for I don't know how long. It was comfortable. I liked the warmth Hoya provided me.

“Don't cry.” was all I heard until my eyelids got heavy and I fell asleep.

 

I woke up while being carried to my room. I assume everybody was asleep because all the lights in the house were off.

Hoya set me down gently on my bed and my head. He turned to leave but I grabbed his wrist.

“You're awake?” he whispered.

“Don't leave me. I don't want to be alone.” I whispered back.

The moonlight hit his face, only making him more handsome. He stared at me as if the angel and the devil were on his shoulders, convincing him on his actions.

He eventually nodded and slid into bed next to me, wrapping an arm around my waist. I snuggled in closer, breathing in his scent of cologne and the beach. It was soothing enough to make me fall asleep almost instantly.

=========

ah okay. i think i feel a lot better about this story thanks to your comments! <3333

saranghaeyooo.

and i'm currenlty addicted to 5dolls 'Like This or That'! so gooood. except...i don't think hyewon should rap...lol.