Chapter 3

Wherever You Are

 

I woke up in the morning, well afternoon and got ready. Maybe it would be nice to have a little break from Myungsoo. That boy is a pain in the sometimes...

I walked out of my room and looked at Myungsoo's door. I still felt bad about making her eat something she's allergic to.

I found her in the kitchen doing the dishes. She had the clothes on she had yesterday.

“Hey, I can do it! It's okay!” I quickly said.

She shook her head and smiled.

I then thought of something. I went to the bathroom and got out a new tooth brush.

I walked back into the kitchen and noticed she was done.

“Here.” I said.

She shook her head and pointed somewhere.

I nodded. I suppose she found one in Myungsoo's bathroom.

“Hey, I'm going to make it up to you for yesterday. I'll treat you to lunch.” I said and tugged on her arm.

I put on my shoes and she followed suit.

 

I walked through the mall as she followed behind me. I turned around and saw her looking at all the stores in awe.

Must be a country girl...

“Suri! Come on.” I called. She was far from me and quickly ran.

We walked into the restaurant, sat at a table and looked at the menus.

“The food here is really good. Order whatever you want. I have Myungsoo's card. Ke ke ke~” I laughed to myself.

She looked at the menu and blew up her cheeks. Luckily this menu had English underneath so she could understand.

She pointed to chicken with rice on the menu.

I nodded and gave our waiter the order.

 

Nothing's over~ nothing's over~

“Hello?”

“Howon!” it was my mother...

“Hi mom.”

“What are you doing?”

“Eating lunch.”

“What? Why are you eating lunch so late? That's not healthy! I want you to come home so you can eat your meals right.”

“It's 12:30.” I said.

“Hey son.” my dad took the phone.

“Hey dad.”

“When are you going to visit us?”

“Pusan is so far. If you want me to visit, tell me beforehand.” I told him.

“Well come soon. Your mother won't stop nagging.”

“Yeah yeah...I will soon.”

“Alright bye.”

I hung up.

My mom could seriously win the award for the most annoying mother ever.

 

I groaned and buried my face in my hands. I really don't want to visit them anytime soon...

Suri tapped me on my head.

I looked at her as she tilted her head and had a worried look on her face.

“I'm fine. Don't worry your foreign little head about me.” I said and ruffled her hair.

She pouted and fixed it.

After we were done eating, I paid for the food, well...Myungsoo...ke ke ke, paid for the food and we walked out.

We walked passed a bookstore and I snapped. I walked in and went to the languages section.

I found a couple of books that teach Korean. I paid for them and handed Suri the bag.

“These books will teach you Korean. Study.” I lightly pushed her head as she looked inside the bag and gave a thumbs up.

 

We went back to the dorm and just watched TV. She looked bored though since she couldn't understand.

I looked at the clock. I have a meeting with the CEO of Myungsoo's company soon. I stood up and got my keys.

“Suri, I have to go to work. Stay here and don't do anything reckless. Arasso?!”

She just stared at me.

“I guess I'll take that as a yes.”

 

I came back and sighed. What meeting takes 6 hours?!

I looked around the dorm and something seemed different. The air was cleaner and floors were shinier. Did she clean?

I walked to the kitchen and noticed the counter tops were shiny and organized. I opened the fridge and everything was sorted nicely. I walked into my room and everything looked normal. I guess she didn't want to touch my belongings. Smart girl...

But I saw that the carpet was vacuumed in a triangular pattern. I guess this is her way of repaying?

I opened the door to Myungsoo's room but she wasn't there.

Did she leave?

My heart dropped at the thought for some reason.

I was going to sit on the couch but I saw that she had fallen asleep on it.

I smiled to myself. I looked at her peaceful face before picking her up bridal style and setting her down gently on Myungsoo's bed. I gazed at her face for a second before turning around and leaving.

 

I woke up to the sound of my phone. I blindly looked for it while my face was buried into the pillow.

“Hello?” It came out muffled.

“Hyung! How are you?” Sungyeol's teasing voice asked.

“Why are you calling me?! You know I like my sleep!”

“I'm bored. Myungsoo is in filming.”

I groaned.

“SO, how are you and the girl? Made a move yet?”

“What? She's a complete stranger that doesn't know Korean.”

“So? She's pretty. You've been girlfriendless since high school. I thought it would be a good idea to--”

“It was your idea to leave me here?!” I sat up, wide awake.

“Calm down, you don't hate it do you?”

“No, but--”

“Yeah! So problem solved! Bye bye~”

I threw my phone to the side before burying my face into the pillow again.

I whined as I realized that I couldn't fall back asleep.

I stood up and walked into my bathroom. I noticed that my towels were neatly folded and my toothbrush had tooth paste on it. But it was slightly dry from sitting out all night. I smiled to myself, put water on it and started brushing.

 

After changing out of my sleeping clothes I walked out and looked around. Suri wasn't up yet. I poured a cup of water leaned on the counter while drinking it. Suri walked out with her hair in a bun. She looked oddly cute with my oversized clothes. I caught myself staring as she smiled and said, “Good morning.”

I pointed to her clothes. “That suits you, you know.”

She looked down and shrugged.

I realized something. She doesn't have any other clothes.

I got out two bowls, milk and cereal.

“After breakfast, I'm taking you out to buy clothes and other things. You can't wear my clothes all the time. That means more laundry for me...” I said as I poured cereal into both of the bowls.

“Why are you in Korea anyways?” I asked.

She blinked at me.

Right...English...

“Uh...You. Kolea. Why?”

She nodded. “Chingu.” she said.

“Chingu?! Y-you said a Korean word!” I pointed at her. She held up the Korean learning book and pointed to her head.

“Studying?”

She nodded.

I gave her a thumbs up.

“Chingu. Name?” I asked. Maybe I could help her find her friend.

“So Hee.”

My eyes widened. Does she know how many So Hee's there are in South Korea?! Let alone Seoul.

 

After we finished eating, I grabbed her wrist and dragged her out the door.

She tried to stop me. I turned around. “What?”

She pointed to her clothes. I guess she didn't want to go out like that.

“That's where we're going! Buy you clothes!” I said.

She just stared at me.

“Aish...just follow me.”

 

========

shopping with HOYA!! :D :D

comments are very well appreciated. <33

and i was watching fancams of the infinite members at fansignings and such and it broke my heart.

i will never get to see them. :(

screw living on the other side of the world!!!!!! >:(