Chapter 4

Wherever You Are

 

No One's POV

They arrived at the mall again. Hoya scratched his head as he wondered what store to go into. He finally picked one and walked to the ladies section with Suri following closely behind him.

He held up a shirt.

“How about this?” he asked.

Suri made a face. That shirt was made for old people going to church.

She looked around and finally found a big sign that said 'Juniors'. She grabbed Hoya's wrist and dragged him towards the section.

“Hey, where are you taking me? The ladies section is—oh...” he looked around at the younger generation shopping for clothes.

 

Suri pursed her lips as she looked for some clothes. She grabbed a cute pair of shorts.

“Ah, cute!” she exclaimed.

“Ani ani ani. No no no. No way. No shorts.” Hoya waved his hands.

Suri furrowed her eyebrows. “Why?”

Hoya opened his mouth to say something but it was caught in his throat.

“Aish...never mind. Pick whatever you want.” he said and turned around to sit down on a nearby bench.

After about 20 minutes Suri walked up to Hoya who was playing a game on his phone.

Hoya looked up and counted the hangers.

“Are you sure that's enough? You can get more if you want.” he said.

She tried to figure out what he said, but failed. So instead she just held up the clothes and made an 'OK' sign.

“Okay then.” Hoya said and started to walk towards the cash registers.

Suri stopped him.

“What?”

She bit her lip and leaned back on the heels of her feet.

“What is it?” Hoya asked.

She shyly pointed to the under garments section.

“Oh~” he blushed a little and gestured for her to go.

She nodded and slowly walked away.

 

After Hoya paid for the clothes with Myungsoo's card, he led her to another store that sold body stuff.

“Hmmm. This one smells good.” he said and lifted the bottle to Suri's nose. She sniffed it and nodded. Hoya smirked and squeezed the bottle causing bubbles to fly into her face.

Hoya laughed one of his rare laughs.

“Hey!” she lightly hit him on the shoulder and smiled. The way his lips curled when he smiled and laughed made her heart beat faster. She gave him a thumbs up about the body wash and he nodded.

 

After grabbing other toiletries, Suri thought of something and gestured for Hoya to stay put.

“Why?” he asked as she walked away. Despite being told to stay still, he followed her anyways.

“What are you doing?” he asked.

She popped up in front of him with a box behind her back.

He tried to see it but she wouldn't let him.

“Let me see!” Hoya yelled.

She rolled her eyes at his stubbornness and held up the box to his face so he could see it perfectly clear.

Hoya blushed again as he read the box. 'Tampons'.

Suri chuckled at his reaction.

He cleared his throat and walked towards the cash register.

As the cashier was ringing up the items, Hoya took out Myungsoo card. He stared at it as he was debating if he should use it or not. In the end, he put Myungsoo's card back took out his own card.

For once, I'll be the one to take care of you.

 

They were walking to the car when Suri stopped Hoya.

“Kamsahamnida.” she whispered. Making sure to get the pronunciation right.

Hoya's eyes widened. Whenever she spoke a Korean word, he seemed to get the butterflies.

He smiled and nodded.

 

Hoya's POV

I was in my room surfing the net when I got a call.

“Howonnie!”

I groaned in my head.

“Hi mom.”

“Sweetie, we're outside your dorm building.” she exclaimed.

I shot up. “What?!”

“Yeah. We're going to Incheon for some business so I thought it might be a good idea to visit for an hour or two.”

“B-but, I'm not in my dorm right now.” My mother would a brick if she found out a girl was living with me.

“Awh, where are you?”

“U-uh. At a meeting.”

“Why do you keep stuttering? I don't believe you. We're walking up the stairs right now.” she said.

 

I ran out of my room and saw Suri studying Korean. I gestured for her to come.

She tilted her head and walked over to me.

“How can you even get in?” I asked my mom.

“I still have the spare key you gave me.”

I cursed to myself. Why did I give her that?!

“Well I'm outside your door. See you in a bit!” she hung up.

“!” I pushed Suri in Myungsoo's bedroom when I heard the doorknob turn.

“What are you doing?” she yelled.

“Shh!” I said and pushed her into his closet. I followed soon after and closed the door.

 

It was silent as I heard my parents walking and talking.

“What are--” she whispered and put my finger to her lips to shush her.

“Hmm...maybe he isn't here after all.” My mom said.

“Come on honey. We're going to be late.” My dad said.

“Wait, I'm going to check Myungsoo's room.”

I closed my eyes in frustration.

I heard her open the door and walk inside. I could see her figure through the crack. I could see her getting closer and closer to the closet.

I prayed in my head that she wouldn't open it. I bit my lip and looked at Suri. She was staring wide eyed at my mother, probably thinking the same thing as me.

“He's not here. Let's go.” my mom said and left. Once I heard the front door close, I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. I sighed and leaned my head back.

 

“Oh man, that was close.” I whispered.

Suri cleared .

I looked down and I hadn't realized how close our bodies were. Her hands were on my chest as mine were on her arms.

I got lost in her big, brown eyes. I snapped out of my trance and opened the closet door.

We stepped out and the air was awkward. The only thing I could hear was the sound of my heart, which was beating oddly fast. I hoped she couldn't hear it too.

I walked out of the room and slumped on the couch. I the TV.

I rolled my eyes as Myungsoo's face popped up for another CF.

“Oh my god!” Suri yelled and pointed at the screen. “That's the guy!”

I nodded. “He's everywhere. Literally.”

 

I chuckled at Kang Ho Dong on Star King when I smelled something coming from the kitchen.

I turned around and saw Suri cooking. I rested my head on my arms and watched her cook. A smile crept to my lips as I whispered, “Who blessed me with such a lovable girl?”

My smile faded when I thought about what I just said.

Realization hit me.

I had fallen for Suri.

 

=========

hahaha, i don't know why i made hoya so innocent. but he's so cute. :D

<333