Chapter 12

Wherever You Are

 

After I told Hoya the news, he had been strangely quiet.

“Do you want me to leave? Or do you think I should stay?” I asked him.

“Leave if you want to...”

“Well what do you think?”

He shrugged.

I guess I'll take that as an 'I don't care'.

 

I broke it to Myungsoo and Sungyeol too.

“No! You can't leave!” Sungyeol hugged me.

“I'm not leaving until another two weeks!”

“I don't care!” he cried.

“Aigo...” I rubbed his back.

 

As I was drying my hair in my room, someone knocked on my door.

“Come in!”

Myungsoo walked in with his phone.

“CEO wants to talk to you.”

“Me?”

He nodded and handed me the phone.

“Hello?”

“Oh hi Suri-sshi. I was wondering if you'd like to shoot another CF?” he asked.

“I'm sorry but I'm leaving for the states in two weeks.”

“Really? That's too bad. I was hoping for you to sign a contract with us too. Your name has been number one on the search rankings lately.”

“Oh...I'm sorry!”

“It's okay! Have a safe trip.”

“De~”

I hung up and turned to give it to Myungsoo but I saw he was gone.

 

“Myungsoo oppa!” I called while walking in front of his room.

I put my ear to the door and gasped when I heard moans coming from behind it. I could tell it was Sungyeol.

“Oh god...”

“Do you want me to do it harder?” Myungsoo asked.

“Mmhmm. Oh man...that's it. Harder.”

I put my hand to my mouth. I turned my head and I saw Hoya walk over and listen in too.

“AH! That's too hard Myungsoo-ah.”

“Well you said harder...”

Hoya and I looked at each other.

“Don't go fast! I like it slow.” Sungyeol said.

 

Hoya couldn't take it anymore and slammed the door open.

“WHAT ARE YOU TWO--” he stopped when he realized what they were doing.

I hesitantly stepped inside and looked over Hoya's shoulder.

I started laughing.

Myungsoo was behind Sungyeol giving him a massage on his shoulders.

“What hyung?” Myungsoo asked innocently.

Hoya cleared his throat. “Nothing...carry on.” he walked out of the room.

“Here's your phone.” I said.

“Just set it on the table.”

I did as told and took one last glance at them.

“You know Sungyeol...you should keep your to a minimum. Some people might get the wrong idea.” I said and shut the door behind me.

“OH MY GOD! THEY THOUGHT WE WERE DOING IT?!” I heard Sungyeol scream.

“Don't act like you wouldn't want to.”

 

The next day, I spent it with So Hee just doing girl stuff. Late in the afternoon, we were walking on the beach.

“Have you told Dongwoo yet?” I asked.

She nodded. “He was a little mad about it at first but he's a positive person so he told me to follow my dreams. He said that we could make a long distance relationship work. Plus, he's been to America before. I encouraged him to finish college, so he can move to the states too.”

I smiled. “That's good. I'm glad you guys are so supportive of each other.”

“What about you? Have you told Hoya?”

I nodded. “He seemed neutral about it. Like it's not a good thing or bad thing. I was always just some girl that Myungsoo found on the streets pretty much.”

“I don't think so. The way he looks at you...”

“We've had some moments...” I blushed thinking about our almost kissing incidents. “...but I don't think he likes me in that way.”

“Do you?”

I shrugged.

 

Dinner that night was awkward for some reason.

“What's with this atmosphere?” Hoya's mom asked.

We all continued to eat our food.

“Hoya...say something. I can't eat with his tension.” His dad said.

Hoya ate one more bite of his food before pushing the plate away.

“I'm full.” he muttered before walking upstairs. We didn't move until we heard his door slam shut.

“What's up with him?” his mom asked again.

Myungsoo and Sungyeol exchanged glances before looking down and eating again.

What's going on?

 

The rest of the week went by fast with all of us playing on the beach and such. Although Hoya had been a little distant with me, I still had fun. The day where I would leave arrived. Sungyeol threw a going away 'party' with the four of us at the dorm. He even bought a cake.

“I'm going to bed.” Hoya muttered before turning and leaving.

“But hyung! Suri's leaving in the morning! Don't you want to spend more time with her?” Sungyeol asked.

“I'm tired.” and the door slammed shut.

I frowned. He probably won't even miss me.

 

That night the three of us sat on the couch and watched movies. We even finished a whole tub of ice cream.

“Man...I need to go to the gym.” Myungsoo said after our 5th movie was over.

“No you don't! I do.” Sungyeol said squeezing his stomach fat.

“Both of you do!” I said and laughed.

“Hey...we all can't have god-like bodies like Hoya hyung!” Sungyeol exclaimed.

“I've seen better.”

“Oh shut up. I saw you staring.” Myungsoo smirked.

“And drooling.”

I coughed. “I'm going to sleep.”

I laid down on the blankets on the floor and closed my eyes.

Sungyeol and Myungsoo did the same.

Once Sungyeol was obnoxiously snoring in my ear, I opened my eyes and stared at the ceiling.

My mind wandered but it all seemed to go back to one person.

Hoya.

 

No One's POV

“Hyung! Wake up!”

“I don't want to!”

“Wake up! Suri is about to leave!”

“Then let her.”

“Hyung...”

Silence.

“Don't make me tickle you.”

“You wouldn't dare...”

 

The front door shut.

“She left.” Myungsoo poked his head in.

“Hoya hyung, you're really bad.” Sungyeol scolded.

Hoya sat up. “What? If she wants to leave then let her! It's not like she cares how we feel!”

“Of course she does! Why do you think she asked you if she should stay or not?! She cares what you think! She didn't even ask us.”

“You guys are over-thinking things.”

Myungsoo sighed and walked over to the side of Hoya's bed and looked at him in the eyes with that stare of his.

“Don't look at me like that.” Hoya glared.

“Hyung, we all know you love Suri. A bowl of kimchi could've figured it out. If you confessed or just tell her you don't want her to leave, she would've stayed like we all want her to. You have to admit, it's going to be empty around here without her. We all have grown immune to her and love her too.” he said.

Hoya sighed and stood up. “Just...leave me alone.”

Myungsoo and Sungyeol looked at each other before nodding and leaving.

 

Hoya walked into the bathroom and grabbed his toothbrush. He was about to start brushing when he realized there wasn't any toothpaste on it. He had gotten so used to Suri doing it for him. He put on some toothpaste before brushing. He missed the side glances he got from her already. He missed the head bumping, giggles and playful hits already. Hoya's hands balled into fists before he spit out the toothpaste, grab his keys and a jacket.

 

“How long do you think it will take for him to realize that he's madly in love with her?” Sungyeol whispered.

“I say...3 seconds?”

3..

2..

1..

Hoya ran out of his room, put on his shoes and slammed the front door shut.

“Told you.” Myungsoo walked to the kitchen while Sungyeol stared at him in awe.

“Are you a genius too?”

“I'm many things hyung...many things...”

 

Suri's POV

We were about to board the plane and I couldn't help but to keep looking behind me.

“Looking for Hoya?” So Hee asked with an amused face.

“No...”

“Yes you are.”

I nodded. I was. He wouldn't wake up to say goodbye and I didn't want to make us late for the flight so I had to leave.

I gave the flight attendant my ticket and took one last look behind me and walked inside the plane.

 

I sat back in the comfortable seat and sighed.

“Get anything you need before we close this.” So Hee said.

I nodded and got out some books from the one bag I had.

I took out my learning Korean book and sat down. I smiled and thought about the time I got this. Things changed a lot since then.

I opened the cover and a piece of paper fell out of it.

I furrowed my eyebrows and picked it up.

“Saranghae,” I read it quietly.

I looked back on my memories to remember where it came from.

“Hoya...” I whispered. That time he gave it to me, I couldn't read it. But now I could.

“Saranghae...” I whispered again.

I stood up and grabbed my bag. I stuffed the books inside of it and slung it over my shoulder.

“Where are you going?” So Hee asked me.

“I'm sorry So Hee. But I think I've made a mistake.”

==========

so uh guys...the world is supposedly ending on Saturday. what happened to 2012? lol.

so if we all die, i just want to let you all know that....HOYA AND MYUNGSOO ARE STILL MINE.

sikeee. ;) we all still gotta share. haha.

 

OMG OMG OMG I STILL CAN'T GET OVER SUNGYEOL IN THAT DRAMA! he's so cute~~~ <3333