Chapter 10

Wherever You Are

 

I woke up once again to Hoya's lips. I sat up and thought about last night. I really saw him, my dad. I couldn't believe it. I've grown up without him, and I can go on without him too.

I heard Hoya move around and wake up.

“Oh you're up?” he asked. I looked at him and saw his eyes squint because of the sunlight.

I nodded. “Thanks for sleeping with me.”

He laughed. “That sounds so wrong.”

I laughed too. “You know what I mean.”

“Suri-ah! Wake up! Time to go play on the beach!” Sungyeol barged in. He stopped when he saw us.

“Oh my god. Did you guys sleep together?” he asked.

“Not like that!” Hoya yelled, putting his hands up. “And who are you barge in a girls room like that?!”

Sungyeol shrugged. “So I know things like this.” he gestured to the both of us and smirked. “Myungsoo!” he ran out of the room to spill.

Hoya face palmed and sighed. “Great, now they're going to tease me forever.”

 

The weather was perfect for tanning. I put on loads of sunscreen before laying on a towel.

“You're not going to play in the water?” Hoya asked, sitting next to me.

“I will later to cool down. You go first.” I said, sitting up and propping myself up with my elbows.

He nodded and got up. He tackled Myungsoo and flipped him into the water. I smiled and I thought about So Hee. It would be so much fun if she was here too.

I put my sunglasses back on and was about to lay down again when I saw a sight that made me freeze.

Hoya's wet t-shirt was sticking to his body so he took it off. He threw it on the sand and ran his fingers through his hair. At that point, I couldn't keep my mouth closed.

“Oh my god...” I whispered to myself and hit my head. “Dirty thoughts go away. Dirty thoughts go away!”

“Are you okay?” a voice asked.

I turned to look at the voice beside me.

“Oh hey Sungyeol.” I said. “Why aren't you in the water?”

“I was going to until I saw you hitting yourself.” he raised an eyebrow.

“Oh I'm fine.” I quickly said.

“Are you sure you're not drooling over Hoya hyung's hot bod?”

“Psh, no...” I denied.

He got up and took off his shirt, revealing his belly.

“Denial is the first step to acceptance~” he said in a sing song voice as he ran towards the water.

I looked at Hoya again. We made eye contact and smiled before I laid back down.

 

“This is cute.”

I opened my eyes and Hoya was playing with the ruffles on the my bathing suit with one hand and drying his hair with another.

I cleared my throat and forced myself to not look down.

“Thanks.” I said. “I think I got a pretty nice tan.” I moved my strap a little to show the whiter skin.

Hoya ran a finger up the whiter part of my skin and traced it down my back. I stared into his eyes as his pierced into mine. He started to lean in.

Oh god...don't give in to temptation. Don't do it.

He smirked a little as his finger made it's way back to the front.

Oh what the heck.

I started to lean upwards. Just a few more centimeters...

 

“Yeah yeah! My man Hoya!” a voice yelled.

We pulled away and I saw a guy I didn't recognize.

“Dongwoo hyung!”

They ran and gave each other a manly hug.

“Whoa look at you! Not that chubby little kid anymore! How's Seoul man? This place isn't the same without you.”

“It's...an adventure. I really miss it here. But the city really grows on you.”

“Who's this?” Dongwoo asked, gesturing to me.

“This is Suri. Suri this is Dongwoo. Childhood friend.”

“Nah nah, we're like brothers. Knew him since he was in diapers.” Dongwoo threw an arm around Hoya. “He was a cute little kid.”

“Awh, hyung...” Hoya pretended to blush.

He still is...

 

“Oh come on! I want you to meet my girlfriend!” Dongwoo exclaimed and gestured for me to come along too. I stood up and walked beside Hoya.

“You got a girlfriend?! That's...surprising.” Hoya said.

“How?! Your hyung's got game.”

“I don't know. I never thought a girl would like you. Considering your 4-D personality.”

Dongwoo smirked and leaned in to whisper in Hoya's ear. “That's what the ladies dig my dongsaeng.”

Hoya raised a perfect eyebrow.

 

After a minute or so, I could see a girl laying on a towel.

“So Hee! This is Hoya.”

My ears perked up at the name. It couldn't be...

She turned her head in our direction and my eyes widened.

“SO HEE?!”

“SURI?!”

We screamed and hugged each other. Why does everyone pick this beach to be at?!

“Looks like it's not you she wants to see...” Dongwoo muttered.

“Oh my god! I was so scared when I couldn't find you! I contacted the airport and the police. But then I saw you on a CF and I practically peed my pants!”

“I was so alone, but Hoya here let me stay with him and got me a job as a model. You look great!”

“So do you!”

We squealed and hugged again.

 

“Yah...what are they saying?” Hoya whispered. “I heard my name.”

“How the heck am I supposed to know?!”

“You know English.”

“Like barely.”

 

Hoya and Dongwoo left for some catching up while So Hee and I did the same.

I put some shorts over my bathing suit while So Hee slipped on a summer dress over hers and we got settled in a cafe.

“Is Hoya your boyfriend?” So Hee asked after we ordered our drinks.

I shook my head. “He just lets me stay with him. I've been feeling kinda guilty for living under his roof with Sungyeol and Myungsoo so I've been thinking about getting a place of my own once I find a job here.”

“Wait...Myungsoo? Kim Myungsoo? The model you did the CF with? You live with him?!”

I nodded. “Hoya's his manager.”

So Hee screamed. “Get me an autograph!”

“You can meet him. He came with us.”

She screamed again.

“Shhh!”

 

“How are you going to get a job if you don't know Korean?” she asked.

“I've been studying. I'm practically Korean now.”

She smiled. “I have an idea.”

“Hmm?”

“I'm leaving for the states in two weeks. I got a job promotion. How about you go and live with me?”

My eyes widened. “In the states?”

She nodded. “How about it?”

==========

oh...what will her decision be?!