Chapter 5

Wherever You Are

 

As we were eating dinner, I couldn't help but think that maybe Sungyeol was right. I had been girlfriendless since high school...I'm always working and I never had a break. Maybe this could be my chance to loosen up a bit and fall in love. I sighed. How can I even make a girl fall for me?!

“Ottoke~” I whined.

Suri raised an eyebrow.

I laughed sheepishly. “Don't mind me. I'm just over-thinking things.”

I smirked. “You can't understand me right?” I asked.

Of course she didn't say anything.

“Might as well take advantage of that. You look really pretty with your hair up. Well you look pretty with it down too...You should wear purple more often. Brings out your eyes. Plus, I like purple. It's cute like you.” I rambled on and on.

She just kept eating and I smiled.

 

Suri took my plate when I was done and started washing the dishes.

I touched her hand to stop her.

“I'll do it.” I said.

She shook her head.

“Fine. Make room so I can help you.” I bumped her a bit and she smiled.

She washed while I dried.

After we were done, I high-fived her.

“We make a good team don't we?” I asked.

She gave a thumbs up.

I walked away while touching all over her face with my wet hands.

She squealed and ran to get me back but tripped on something and fell.

“Ah!” she screamed.

“Oh ! Are you okay?” I crouched down beside her as she clutched her ankle. It was starting to get swollen.

I got the first aid kit and started to wrap it. I kissed my fingers lightly touched her ankle.

“There. Now it will heal with Hoya love~” I said.

She blushed.

Ah...cute...

 

Before I went to bed, I stuck my head out of my room to see if she had gone to bed yet.

I saw her studying on the couch.

I smirked to myself and grabbed a sheet of paper and pen from my table. I wrote something down on it and made my way to her.

“Suri-ah. Here.” I gave her the paper.

She looked at it and tilted her head. “Sa, Sa...Hmph. I don't know.”

“Study harder and tell me what it says later.” I said and ruffled her hair. I saw her put it inside her book before continuing to study.

“Goodnight.” I said.

 

-----------------

 

It had already been two months since Suri lived with me. Her Korean improved quickly and she understood simple sentences. It made communication a lot easier between us. Throughout her stay, I took her out to different places throughout Seoul. She seemed to enjoy it. I practically took her everywhere with me. I was always paranoid that I'd leave then come back to find her gone as quickly as she had come. I hated having that doubt in my mind.

The day Myungsoo and Sungyeol would come back had arrived...unfortunately...

“Suri! Are you ready?” I asked.

“De~” she called and ran out looking cute as ever with my favorite shorts on. I'm so glad that I had let her get them that day...

“We're picking up Myungsoo and Sungyeol. Remember them?”

She nodded. “Myungsoo...handsome guy?”

I nodded, feeling slightly jealous.

“Sungyeol...tall guy with fat...” she pointed to her cheeks.

I chuckled and nodded again.

 

We stood at the section of the airport where fans weren't aloud. Last time Myungsoo came back from a foreign country, the whole left side of the airport was packed with fans.

I could recognize them right when they walked out of the double doors. Myungsoo's chic walk and Sungyeol's tall is hard to miss.

“Hyung! Miss us?” Myungsoo asked.

“Yeah yeah...” I muttered.

“Oh! Is this the girl we left with you months ago? She's hot...” Sungyeol said.

“Shut up! She's starting to understand some Korean now! And her name is Suri!” I said.

“Oh. Hi Suri. I'm Myungsoo! And this is Sungyeol.”

“I know.” she said and bowed.

 

We got in the car and they insisted that Suri should sit in the front.

“Hyung, go to the company building. The CEO wants to talk to me.” Myungsoo said.

“What did you do this time?! Pee in public again?!” I accused.

“No! It's about future plans.”

“Better be...”

“Myungsoo-ah...don't you think they make a cute couple?” Sungyeol asked.

I glared at him through the rear view mirror.

“Yeah...I wonder if they've done it yet...”

“Yah! Shut up back there. We're not even dating!” I said and glanced at Suri. I sighed in relief when I realized she was sleeping.

 

Suri woke up once I parked at the company building.

We all got out of the car.

“Where are we?” she asked.

“Company building.” Myungsoo said.

“What building?”

“Just follow us!” Sungyeol yelled.

I smacked him. “Be patient with her!”

“Okay okay...but how could you be patient with her? You have the patience of a bull.” he muttered.

I rolled my eyes.

 

“Okay, so now's the time to really test your acting skills.” the CEO said to Myungsoo.

“What is it?”

“A CF. But it has some touchy scenes. It's advertising a new shaving cream for women. If we put you and a girl with pretty legs in one CF, I'm sure it will sell so fast.”

“Okay with me.” Myungsoo said a little too quickly.

I scoffed. Of course he would agree to that so quickly.

“But we still need to find a model. I've been looking through applicants but none of them satisfy me.” the CEO said and rubbed his forehead in distress.

He looked up through the glass door and saw Suri standing there waiting patiently for the meeting to end.

Oh no...

“She's perfect! She's going to be in the CF.” he exclaimed.

“What?! No!” I stood up.

“Do we have a problem Mr. Lee?” he narrowed his eyes at me.

I looked down and slumped back into my chair.

“No...”

 

I muttered incoherent curses to myself as we walked out of the building towards the car.

“What's wrong with him?” Suri whispered.

“Oh don't mind him.” Sungyeol said.

“Yeah, it's his first time experiencing jealousy. It's okay.” Myungsoo added.

She tilted her head.

“But congrats for getting your first modeling job!” Sungyeol clapped.

“Modeling? What's that?”

“You know...” Sungyeol started doing what he thought was 'y' poses.

“Hyung stop.” Myungsoo said.

“YAH! Are you going to get in the car or what?!” I yelled.

“Okay okay....Mr. Grumpy pants...” Sungyeol and Myungsoo mumbled together.

 

As we were walking up the stairs to the dorm I held my arms out and stopped them.

“Wait...” I said.

“What?”

“What is it hyung?”

I turned around and looked at everyone. My eyes stopping at Suri.

“Where's she going to sleep?”

=========

oh...where do you think she's going to end up sleeping?! hehehe. this is a fanfic so it's puuuurty obvious.

and thank you to BabyCopGurl for the beautiful poster and backround! :D <333