Chapter 1

Wherever You Are

 

Where are you going?!” My mom yelled from outside of the door.

“Away from you!” I yelled back, as I was stuffing as much clothes as I could in one bag.

“You can't leave me!”

I swung my door open and I saw her red eyes and wrinkles.

“Watch me.” I snarled. I grabbed my wallet and passport and ran out of the house. I'm 18 now. I can do whatever I want.

I took a taxi to the airport. [a/n Mr. taxi taxi taxi~]

I dialed my friends number on a payphone before boarding the flight. We were childhood friends before she moved to South Korea. So she knows my language too.

“Hello?”

“So Hee! I'm about to get on my flight!”

“Sorry I can't pick you up at the airport. But you still have my address right?”

“Yeah.”

“Okay, just take a cab to there then.”

“Alright!”

“Bye! Have a safe flight!”

The line went dead.

 

I got off of the plane and smiled.

“Finally...” I whispered.

I sat on a bench that was next to a payphone and put my wallet and passport inside my bag so I wouldn't drop it.

I put some coins into it and dialed her number again.

I tapped my fingers on my leg as the phone kept ringing.

I turned around and noticed that my bag was gone. I dropped the phone and looked around. I saw someone wearing all black running away with it.

“Hey! Hey!” I yelled and ran after him.

I saw his figure run out of the airport and down the street. I ran after him and was soon lost in a crowd of people.

Seoul is the second largest city in the world.

I sighed.

Damn...now what am I supposed to do? My wallet, passport and So Hee's address is in there.

 

I just sat on the steps of a market the whole day.

Some people tried to talk to me but I couldn't understand a word.

I looked at my watch. It was midnight now and the streets were empty and it was chilly. I was only wearing jeans and a fitted t-shirt. I shivered and rubbed my arms.

A guy with sunglasses walked up to me and started talking to me. Why would someone wear sunglasses at night?

I just stared at him.

He kept talking.

I kept staring.

 

He took off his glasses angrily. I noticed he was quite handsome.

I shook my head.

It seemed like he realized something.

“D-do...you spek uh...kolean?”

I tried to hold in my laughter at his attempted English. I shook my head.

“No.” I said.

“You kolean?”

I shook my head again.

“Alone? Seoul?” he asked.

I nodded.

He looked at me up and down. I hope he's not a ...

“Money?”

I shook my head again. It seems like he's starting to understand my horrible situation that only happens in movies.

He gestured me to follow him.

I debated if I should go or not. When I saw his figure getting farther and farther, I decided I would go anyways. If he's serial killer, then I die. If I'm left stranded on the streets, then I die too. Might as well take the chance...

 

Hoya's POV

I paced back and forth in the dorm. It's a shared dorm with 3 bedrooms. Sometimes I feel it's not enough...especially living with the most immature guy on the planet.

“Hyung, chill. Myungsoo knows what he's doing.” Sungyeol said.

“Shut up! What if another scandal breaks out? I'm tried of fighting all of those reporters and getting poked by camera lens! Plus, his flight leaves in 2 hours. If he doesn't go then he'll lose his job, which means I'll lose my job, which means I'll become a beggar on the streets!”

“Drama queen...”

 

Just then Myungsoo walked in.

“I'm home~” he sang. He walked into the living room looking perfect as usual. Sometimes I envied his looks. It's not like I was famous anyways...

He turned around.

“Hey! You. Come on.” he pulled a girl in. My eyes widened.

“Who's this?” I asked, looking at her. She looked so scared, like a lost puppy.

“Myungsoo-ah...remember the no dating rule? One night stands only.” Sungyeol said.

I gave him a look.

“Yeah yeah yeah. I'm not dating her. I found her. She's in Seoul alone, with no money or anything.” he explained. “I feel bad.”

“So you just let her in just like that?! What if she turns out to be a crazy fan?” I asked.

“She doesn't know Korean.”

“That's what they all say...” I whispered.

“She doesn't say anything!” Myungsoo pointed out.

I messed up my hair in frustration. “Just go pack. Your drama shooting in Japan starts at 8 am.”

 

I sighed and sat down on the couch. Sungyeol got up to help Myungsoo pack. The girl was standing there awkwardly looking around. I noticed she had long straight hair, big eyes and slightly tanned skin. She's Asian, but definitely not Korean. I've never seen a Korean look like that before. She just had a different exotic look to her.

Myungsoo and Sungyeol walked out with their luggage.

“Wait! I thought I was going with him?” I asked.

Myungsoo shook his head. “I want Sungyeol hyung to go with me.”

“Why?!”

“He's cooler.”

Sungyeol stuck his tongue out at me.

I rolled my eyes. “Seriously? Then what am I going to do for the next 2 months?”

“Take care of her.” he said pointing to the girl.

“What?! You found her! Why do I have to take care of her?!”

“I would...but I'm leaving. Come on hyung. Just for 2 months. Look at her. She's so hopeless. Just put everything on my card. I'll pay for the food and stuff.” Myungsoo pleaded.

I looked at her and she indeed looked hopeless.

I sighed. “Fine fine...go. But if she ends up being a stalker then it's all on you.”

“Yeah yeah.” he waved his hands and left with Sungyeol leaving me alone with this stranger.

 

============

aigooo~ i managed to get the first chapter! :D

yeah, starts are always boring. it will get better. i pinky promise. ;)

happy friday! <3