Meeting

A Thousand Years

MEETING

“Yes?”

 

Oh no.

 

No no no no no. He’s not here. Go away. No, wait don’t go. What? Ahhhhh!!!! Don’t look, don’t look.

 

Wait. Did he just answer? I thought his name was Kevin and preferred to be called that.

 

“Oh, hi” JiMin smiled shyly and glanced between me and Kris or Kevin. Ugh!! What is his name?!!?

 

I decided to look at him. Just a peek. A tiny peek.

 

Wrong move! I was caught in his eyes again. And this time I admit I was just staring in his eyes. His familiar eyes. This time it wasn’t serious like when he entered the cafeteria. It was softer. It was like he knew who I was. He IS my Kris I just know. But I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt.

 

Wait he’s staring/ looking into my eyes as well. Does this mean…….

 

“Did you need anything?” he asked JiMin but he was still looking at me.

 

“Oh sorry. It’s nothing. Me and my friend YOOJIN-” she did not just emphasize my name. I suddenly snapped my head towards JiMin breaking my eye contact withKris. “-were just talking about her old friend Kris. I was referring to someone else actually”.

 

”Oh really?” he asked looking at JiMin and back at me again

 

“Um… yeah… my old friend Kris… I haven’t seen him in a while... hehe” you are so dead JiMin

 

“Sorry about that I’m a blabber mouth sometimes. You prefer being called Kevin right?” she asked sweetly at Kris or Kevin. Ugh, headache!

 

“Isn't your name Kevin?" JiMin asked. She took the words right out of my mouth.

 

"Oh...ummmm. Yes, but Kris is one of my names." He smiled sheepishly and scratched the back of his neck, slightly losing his cool there. I actually find it cute. Wait, what???! Oh YooJin you did not just go there!!

 

“Yes actually. But it’s okay if you call me Kris.” Then he looks at me again “You too.”

 

“What?”

 

“Call me Kris. YooJin right?” he smiles that smile of his and I swore my heart skipped a beat. Wait my heart is not beating anymore. Dead remember? Vampire.  And he offers his hand for a hand-shake.

 

“Um. Y-yes. YooJin. Nice to meet you” I shook his hand and my hand felt comfortable with his. Like it was meant to be there. I don’t want to let go but I have to. And there goes our eye contact again. Really?

 

“YooJin.” oh when he said my name. I missed that. Wait. He is Kevin Li. Kris Li, whatever. Now isn't the time to fan girl. He is not Kris Wu. Your Kris. He is not. You just wish and hope he is. But my gut tells me he is. No he is not.

 

Ugghhh!!! Stupid inner conflict with the subconscious. STOP IT!

 

No!! You stop it!!

 

Seriously!! I need to see a doctor.

 

No only you d-

 

Stop!!!

 

Headache. Urgh!

 

I caught a glance of JiMin who was looking at us all funny.

 

“Uh yeah, this is JiMin, my best friend”

 

“Hi” she replied all giggly. You didn’t!

 

"Really man? I just left to get a slice of pizza. I went back. You were gone, only to find you here flirting with two beautiful girls, and tell them they can call you Kris. Last time remembered I'm the ONLY one who can call you that. Now I don’t feel that special anymore." suddenly a doe-eyed dear-looking guy who is just as good looking as Kris, butted in. And he even crossed his arms and pouted. Cute!! Is that even possible?? He sounds like a jealous girlfriend. GASPS!! oh no! Maybe..... YooJin!! Impossible! How can you think of that!??!!!

 

Yes i decided to continue to call him Kris. I mean he said so too right? Too early? Fine Kevin then. Kevin.

 

"No worries dude. You're still my best bud." he said patting little deer's back "It’s just herrrryaaaa. I mean. It’s just YooJin and JiMin."

 

He said her first. Was he referring to me?? Don’t get your hopes up babe. Shut up! Stupid subconscious.

 

"Inner conflict?" JiMin elbowed me lightly.

 

"Shush!!" I whispered-yelled at her

 

"I'm Luhan" he introduced himself "This idiot’s friend." he said playfully while pointing his thumb towards Kevin.

 

"Yah!" Kris suddenly snapped at him. I couldn’t help giggle at that, so did JiMin.

 

He faced me "I'm guessing you're YooJin?"

 

"Yep, nice to meet you" I said cheerily. “Good guess." I added.

 

He smiled widely.

 

 "Are you psychic?" I asked playfully. Of course he knows. What’s the whole point of having nametags?

 

He feigns shocked and gasps. "How did you know?!" Luhan plays along and Kevin just rolled his eyes. Luhan laughs and turned to JiMin .

 

"So that means you are JiMin" he smiles widely at her too but it was different from the way he smiled at me.

 

Oooooohhhh!!!! YooJin's radar is picking up something

 

"You're right. Nice too meet you Luhan" JiMin said cheerily and... and. Did she just blush? Oh no she didn’t!!

 

Ooohhhh..... Payback time JiMin, just you wait.

 

“Well we better get going. The secretary of the Student Affairs Office wants to see us before we officially start our day.” Luhan said to Kri-, I mean Kevin. “See you guys later?” he asked us but I was pretty sure he was directing it towards JiMin.

 

“Sure.” I simply replied.

 

“See you when we see you!” JiMin said brightly almost too brightly.

 

“Let’s go dude!” he said to Kevin, I am somehow not used to that.

 

“Sure.” He said to Luhan “See you later.” Kevin said to us but somehow we had our eyes locked on each other for the nth time today. I felt like there were shivers that went down my spine, if that was still ever possible with the fact that I am somewhat dead.

 

We finally broke our eye –contact as he passed me and JiMin. My eyes still followed him with his back facing me as he head for the exit.

 

“Bye Kri-…. Bye Kevin” I said in a whisper almost saying Kris, but somehow he heard it. He cringed when I said Kevin, stopped for a moment and then continued to walk out of the cafeteria. I turned to JiMin only the find her looking at me with a goofy grin saying “Gotcha!”

 

“Ooohh~~~~~~ someone has the hots for each other!” she sang song to me. “That was really you’re Kris? Right or am I right?

 

Really this girl. “Cut it out Min!! What do you mean ‘hots for each other’? And no, he’s not my Kris, as you put” I told her.

 

“But that’s not what you think.” She informed me and even squinting her eyes at me. How did she know? Is she really mortal and not some other supernatural being? Because she just freaks me out sometimes when she knows what I’m thinking. Or she just knows me that well? Either way she does freak me out sometimes. And that’s coming from a 500-year-old vampire.

 

“So is h-”

 

Brriiiiiiinngggg!!!!!

 

Whew! Saved by the bell. Thank you! That just saved me from further information.

 

“Damn it! No missy! You are soooo not saved by the bell.” See what I mean? Freaky.

 

“Get over it Min. We do not want to be late for our next class.” I told her as I grabbed her wrist and dragged her out of the cafeteria. “The real issue here is YOU and LUHAN” I told her sly grin. She suddenly looked at me and scoffed to hide the obvious blush that far tinting her pale cheeks.

 

“What? Tschh! Wh-whatever are you saying Jin! You’re imagining things. C’mon were gonna be late” she suddenly scurried ahead of me. Hahaha! Gotcha Min!

 

As I followed her, I still couldn’t help but think of Kris. I mean Kevin. I bet and sure it’s Kris. My Kris. But I can’t jump into conclusion just because they look so alike. Kris used to grow out his hair a bit and dye it blonde but I keep on telling him to die it back to black, his natural hair color. Either way he still looks just as good.

 

Then ….. 

 

There it goes again. That feeling like I’m being watched. I quickly turned, but no one was following me. Just the regular bunch of students I see everyday. I continued to walk to my class, but I felt it again. I looked at left then at my right. Nothing. That’s weird. Vampire senses can never be wrong. Or can they?

 

“JIN!! HURRY UP!” JiMin suddenly hollered from the door of our room.

 

“Coming!” I ran towards where she was. Then at the corner of my eye a shadow sudden passed by.

 

“What was that?”

 

“What was what?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

“You’re acting weird again.”

 

“Just get in already”

 

-------------------------------------------------------oOOo-----------------------------------------------------------------

“When are you going to tell her?”

 

“I can’t.”

 

“You can’t or you just won’t?”

 

“………………………”