Maybe....

A Thousand Years

 

I'm Yoojin and I'm 18 years old

.

.

.

.

.

.

For 500 years that is.

 

500 hundred years. That's how long, I have been away from my hometown. That's how long I haven't seen my best friend. The one who I truly loved and worthy to be called my first love even if I had a boyfriend before him. I think I already told you that part.

 

500 years of pain, regret and guilt. Pain of being alone, regret of not telling Kris about what I have become that time. Guilt. Guilt of just suddenly leaving without a trace.

 

But it wasn't all that. I went to school and graduated. I lost count of the exact number of times I've graduated high school and college. But it got boring, since I basically memorized or knew what the lessons would be. So keeping a low profile was hard. Especially when your classmate from 50 years ago suddenly shows up all wrinkly with gray hair while i haven't changed at all. Well what's compulsion for??? Works every time and super speed.

 

I made friends, lots of them. But i had to leave them too sometime after. Have I loved again?? Well I guess. I've had relationships but i wouldn't call it love. I was already tied down to one person and one person only, Kris.

 

Something really did bother me about him. You see, Kris was the loyal type and he treasured everything that comes he's way. Even alpaca plushie, he even gave it a name. We once talked about leaving our hometown. He said "I would never leave this place, even if it got struck by lighting, rumbled by an earthquake or washed by a typhoon." It might sound like he was joking but he looked dead serious. I should know. When we first met, he easily said "I'm never leaving your side. I'll take care of you, be your best friend, and let you cry on my shoulder if a stupid guy happens to make you cry". I just laughed at him after he said that. But he stood by it. Okay, so the thing is, after I left, I actually came back 5 years later. So expectedly that time Kris already graduated, since I left/ "died"/"reborn" -ugh! whatever- during our senior year. Meaning he's probably studying at the state university OR working somewhere. But he wasn't there. I went to our old school, with a disguise of course, and asked. He did graduate but never heard of him after that. I went to his house but it somebody else was living in it. The new owner said that the Wu's moved out and sold the house but he didn't know where they moved to. I also went to the stated university but no Kris Wu existed. That really bothered me. I even met some of our old friends. Some say he moved abroad. Some even said they never heard of him, which was IMPOSSIBLE since he's like REALLY popular at school.

 

I thought of the possiblity that maybe...................................................... No. He can't be. He would have told me. But then again, I never told him either.

 

I thought about this because, there were so many times that he would suddenly appear when he wasn't there in the first place. He was always concerned about the weather especially when its sunny. He's eyes seem to change color. I barely see him eat. 

 

I don't know what to think. I was hoping that he was too, vampire. So that I would find him and never be alone again, but I don't know where to start. If he is a vampire, he should've found me. But I know Kris. He wouldn't leave me, EVEN FOR A THOUSAND YEARS, he said.

 


 

A/N: Sorry i haven't updated in a loooooooooooong time. Inspiration hasn't hit me and i was busy with my senior year in college :D
i finally graduated. woooohoooo!!!! hopefully i get to update more often this time :D

COMMENTS and SUGGESTIONS are much appreciated

thanks for reading