Biology

A Thousand Years

BIOLOGY

 

As I entered the room I saw my best friend walking swiftly towards our table by the window.

 

“Come on  Jin!” she said excitedly and waved. She’s like a kid. It’s just Biology.

 

“You’re in high spirits for Biology, for the FIRST TIME.”

 

She scoffed, “Whatever do you mean my dear Jin? I’m always excited for Biology. You just say that because you keep on acing every subject.” And she blew a raspberry at me. Childish as always.

 

I mean, how would I not? It’s 2 hours plus, this is the nth time I have been to high school. I practically know every topic there in every subject. I don’t even listen to discussions anymore. I can ace every exam if I want to but then that would be suspicious. So I would intentionally make wrong answers or not finish an exam to be more ‘student like’.

 

“Whatever” I muttered.

 

Hey have you heard? Kevin and Luhan are in this class.

 

For real!! OMG!!!

 

Transfer seats will you, so he can sit here!

 

Kevin and Luhan?!!!!??! Kill me now!

 

So that’s why…..

 

“So it’s Luhan your excited about!” I pointed my pen at her.

 

“No! how can you say that Jin!” she waved her hands frantically and pouted. It’s so obvious she likes Luhan she’s as red as a tomato right now.

 

“Whatever you say Min”

 

“BUT!! Kris is taking this class too. Oooohhhh~ Jinnie!!!”

 

“Hey I’m the one teasing here!”

 

And we both started laughing.

 

“Alright right class, settle down” Mr. Hernandez our Biology teacher came in. A little trivia, his great-aunt Rosa was my Biology teacher way back then.

 

“Wow. Finally you guys are excited about my class, rather excited about the new students” he said in a monotone.

 

The girls started giggling, and the boys grunted. I know how they feel. And JiMin just won’t stop fidgeting. This girl is too excited. Tsk tsk!

 

“Kim JiMin?”

 

“Um.. Yes Saem?” (A/N: for those who don’t know, Saem is the informal way of saying Seonsaeng-nim in Korean)

 

“Please transfer to the empty seat in front.”

 

“But…. But Saem, I always sat wi-” she was cut off by the way Mr. Hernandez looked at her.

 

“Okay” she brought her things and sulked at her new seat. She is so dense, doesn’t she realize that Luhan could be her ne-

 

Wait. Oh God!! I’m so dense as well!! It’s possible too tha-

 

Kyyyyaaaaaa!!!

 

Here we go.

 

“This is the Biology class of Mr. Hernandez?”

 

“Yes. Come in boys.”

 

They came in and stood beside Mr. Hernandez.

 

Kkyyaaaaaaaa!!

 

Eeeeeeeeeee!!!!

 

I didn’t know this was a horror movie. Seriously! Can’t these girls calm down or at last act calm. If they keep this up, my  ears are going to bleed until they shrivel up and fall off.

 

“I don’t think you need to introduce yourselves since they know you two already. But anyway please do.”

 

“Hi everyone, I’m Xi Luhan. Nice to meet you”

 

AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

 

For the love of fudge!! Really?!

 

“Hi. I’m Kevin Li.” A man of few words I guess. He always was. Wait, he is not your long lost best friend.

 

AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

 

*Sigh* Those girls better be thankful that I am patient with them. If not I would have thrown the whole specimen shelf at them to shut them up. Believe me, it’s like throwing a pillow with my inhumane strength

 

“Okay. Thank you. Oh YooJin?”

 

Oh God!

 

“Yes Saem?”

 

“Kevin, please seat with YooJin”

 

What?????!! Don’t look, don’t look.

 

JiMin turned her seat to look at me and blew a raspberry.

 

“Right back at you pabo.” I winked at her and it finally sank in. Her eyes grew big at the realization that she is becoming Luhan’s seatmate.

 

I stifled a laugh.

 

“So we meet again.” Kevin suddenly said

 

“Oh, yeah.” I replied not taking a single glance at him. So I just looked in front of me. Wow! Luhan and JiMin look so comfortable with each other. Setting aside the fact that she’s blushing mad and giggling most of the time. Way to keep it subtle Min, you’re not that obvious, at all. (Cue the sarcasm.)

 

Spell awkward. M-E. Me. An awkward silence enveloped the both of us. I can’t dare look at him. It’s deadly.

 

“Alright class. Now I see all of you are settled in we are going to start a class with an activity.” Mr. Hernandez announced. “And this will be done in pairs.”

 

“Um, Saem?”

 

“No BoMi, you can’t choose your partners”

 

The whole class disagreed.

 

“Quiet! You don’t need to choose because you are already sitting beside each other”

 

*What?!! I’m paired up with my seatmate and it’s Kri- No! Kevin!! Ground, open up and swallow me whole*

 

“You don’t want to be partners?” Kevin asked with a worried face. It was like he was sad with the idea that I don’t like being partners with him. No. Impossible, you’re being delusional YooJin.

 

“What? No! What made you say that?” then I was surprised with what he did. He suddenly pressed his finger between my eyebrows and tipped his head down a little to meet my eyes. Great.

 

“You spaced out and you’re frowning.” He said softly and our eyes met again. And just like that I was in his brown eyes. Get a hold of yourself Jin!

 

I felt heat rush to my cheeks which are probably really red by now. I blinked a couple times and moved back a little hoping he won’t notice. Kevin gently dropped his hand and smiled. “Oh I didn’t notice. Don’t worry it has nothing to do with you. No wait I mean. I’m not frowning. Oh wait… umm. I was just thinking about something. So yeah.” I was blabbering. Oh God!! How embarrassing! I faced palmed. And I heard Kevin chuckle.

 

“Arguing with your thoughts? Inner conflict?” and he chuckles again.

 

“Um yeah. It happens a lot.”

 

“Cute.”

 

Did. Did he just call me cute?? For the love of all things fluffy! He called me cute.

 

“You’re doing it again.”

 

“I’m not!” and I brought my attention back to what Mr. Hernandez was saying again.

 

He laughed at my reaction. Seriously, what am I? A clown?!?

 

“-so whoever gets the most number of correct answers wins, this. An all day pass to Lotte World.”

 

The girls were screaming when they heard this. Some even complaining why they weren’t seatmates with Kevin or Luhan. Some of the boys in class were even motivated hoping to take their girlfriends.

 

“Wait there’s more. You get to be exempted in 2 exams regarding this topic. You have an hour to complete.”