Chapter 9

I Believe...in Magic (Sequel to I Believe) -HIATUS-

Chapter 9

 “Oh. Oh. Hang on a second.”

 We, Donghae, Kyuhyun, Sungmin hyung, Ryeowook, Siwon and Kibum, were sitting in the shade of an old oak tree in our school’s grounds and were wondering why Donghae had been getting those annoying dizzy spells. We’d taken him to get a check-up with the doctors and all they’d said was that it was probably the flu. That didn’t help. And so we came to the conclusion that it had something to do with magic; his power and Ryeowook seemed to have come to an epiphany.

 “Guys, remember way back when I first discovered my power? It was while I was cooking. Sungmin hyung, you were there weren’t you? It was while I was cooking and my hand had kept hurting every time I went to do something! Like, pick up a spoon or something…do you remember?”

 He had our attention. From what I had figured out, Ryeowook could make potions. I’d never seen any, or seen him make any, but supposedly, that’s what he did. Apparently, he could make potions that healed, although they healed pretty fast by themselves, potions that made people unconscious, potions that blinded people momentarily and potions that did all sorts of other crazy things.

 Sungmin hyung nodded and agreed, excitedly, “Yeah, I remember! And when Kyuhyun got his first real symptoms, he’d get jumbled masses of words from different people in his head. Words he couldn’t understand; voices he didn’t know. Right?” he looked down to Kyuhyun who was lying in his lap again.

 I shifted uncomfortably as the breeze blew his hair into his face and Sungmin hyung brushed it away tenderly. Kyuhyun, probably reading my mind, looked at me and gave me a cheeky smile before agreeing to what Sungmin hyung had said. “Yeah, I kept getting headaches, only small ones, and I’d hear voice of people saying random things. But I could never make out what they were saying.”

 I watched as he motioned for Sungmin hyung to lean down towards him as he puckered his lips. Sungmin hyung smiled and gave him a peck as I watched, horrified. No one else seemed to mind and Siwon decided he wanted a kiss too. Ryeowook, who was sitting next to Siwon, watched quietly with a smile on his face as Kibum leaned over to kiss Siwon on the cheek with a laugh.

 Ryeowook sighed and looked down sadly, “I wish Sunggie hyung was here.”

 Sungmin hyung laughed and patted him on the back with a smile filled with pity.

 I looked down towards Kyuhyun as I heard him gasp and look at me with a grin. Like, a BIG grin. Like, a HUGE one. No one else seemed to notice…

 Get ready~he sang, mentally, and before I could respond, there was something soft pressing against my cheek. Soft and….wet…? My eyes widened and my mouth opened in a silent gasp as I realised what it was. “Donghae…” I whispered.

 Time froze; or, slowed down, as I turned to look at him. It was only a peck; maybe a second long, but it had my mind reeling and my heart beating rapidly in my ears.

 He was smiling; like the smiling angel he is. And my confusion, fear, anger…evaporated. It just…left.  One look at his face and it was as if he was the only one there. He and I; only he and I.

 I felt myself leaning in unconsciously and before I could stop myself, my lips crashed into his. I closed my eyes, melting into the feeling, feeling him smile a little before responding and lightly on my lips. I didn’t know what heaven felt like, but this seemed to be pretty damn close! His lips were so soft, and they tasted of strawberries; my favourite. I lifted my arms and wrapped them around his neck, tangling my fingers into his hair, as he deepened the kiss, his tongue probing at my lips.

 Hearing the jeers of my friends I suddenly snapped into reality and jerked away from Donghae. I felt…violated. It was, sadly enough, my first kiss, and so many people saw it and it was with a guy…I never would have imagined…

 The last thing I saw was his expression; surprised, flushed with a flash of hurt at my sudden actions, before getting up and sprinting towards the main building. I didn’t know where I was going and I didn’t know why. Despite wanting to escape from what I did, I didn’t regret it. And I wanted more than anything to be pulled into his arms and told that he’d forgive me and that nothing was wrong. I felt like I was being ripped into two.

 Having a lesbian influence around made me accept it and it’s not as if I was disgusted, but Sora noona had always encouraged me to…well, be straight. I mean, she never said anything about homouality around me. It was like a taboo. Sometimes, she would tell me that she didn’t like the fact that she liked girls. It was as if it lowered her social status; being lesbian. And knowing, and seeing the harsh criticism she’d had to go through….i never would have imagine me, myself…like this… As I ran, tears escaped my eyes and began streaming down my face rapidly, as if wanting to escape my ‘tainted’ skin. I’d kissed a boy. I’d done it myself; of my own accord. And I had no idea what to do; how to react.

 I slowed down as my head began to spin and the green field in front of me began to blur and go out of focus. I wanted to blame it on my tears, but suddenly I felt incredibly tired and nauseas. I wanted to throw up. My stomach started churning yet I wiled myself to keep running as I heard voices behind me calling my name.

 "Eunhyuk! Eunhyuk! Stop! Where are you going?”

“Hyuung~ Eunhyukkie hyung!! Stop running so fast!!”

“Eunhyuk stop! Stop running!”

 Stop it Eunhyuk. Stop trying to escape from who you are. Embrace it. You’re unique. Don’t run away. I felt the same way when I first met Sungmin hyung. I was always the ideal child. Intelligent and whatever and my uality was my only ‘flaw’ as my father put it. But it’s not a flaw. It’s a unique characteristic. Don’t run away from it. Accept it. Nothing’s changed. You’re still you. Eunhyuk, Hyung, I’m begging you, stop running please!

 ‘Kyuhyun.’ I thought, ‘ He called me hyung.’ I chuckled to myself, quietly. ‘Maybe I should stop…’

  Slowing down further, I realised how much I must have hurt Donghae. If he liked me, that is. But in all the voices I heard behind me, his was missing. I tried to turn around to face the others who were running toward me; to see Donghae’s face, but as I turned, a violent shudder rocked through my body and I fell to my knees.

 Eunhyuk hyung!

 I think Kyuhyun was the first to reach me. I could vaguely hear a low, breathless voice in my ear, telling me to wake up. But I couldn’t. I didn’t have the strength.

 Hyung. Wake up, please. For Donghae. This isn’t something he can heal with his powers. You need to get up. This is something you need to face by yourself. I can’t help you, its confusion and stress. You just need to get up and face him; face yourself, and your feelings. Talk to him. I told you, I went through this too. I couldn’t believe it and I ran away and locked myself up for a few days. I’d ignore Sungmin hyung at school and I wouldn’t go out to meet my friends in fear he’d be there. But what I didn’t know was that I like him; loved him. And he loved me too. Despite being soulmates, we loved each other too.

 Trust me, trust yourself, and find out. It’s better than not knowing at all.

 I tried to nod but I was too exhausted. I wanted to get up and ask him. I wanted to find out how he felt and I wanted to find out how I felt but right now, I wanted to sleep.

 ‘Later’ I whispered, or tried, but my voice wouldn’t come out. I repeated myself, trying to focus on saying it to him through my mind.

 Later…

 I felt Kyuhyun’s grip on me tighten. He’d picked me up and I was half lying, half sitting in his lap, leaning against his chest. I could feel someone frantically brushing their fingers through my hair and I had a vague feeling that it was Sungmin hyung.

 “He can…I heard him. I heard Eunhyuk…in my mind. He can talk to me in my mind…” Kyuhyun sounded astonished.

 A few of the guys gasped. I could only hear them faintly but someone, Ryeowook maybe, said he didn’t believe it, and that I should try to talk to someone else too.

 Later, I thought again. I want to sleep. It was directed at them all. And it seems they all heard. A chorus of murmurs wafted their way into my half-conscious ears and I managed to force out a faint smile as I felt Kyuhyun rock me gently to sleep.

 Sleep well, hyung. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I HAVE NO IDEA...

 

comment and subscribe~ :)