Chapter 5

I Believe...in Magic (Sequel to I Believe) -HIATUS-

Chapter 5

We calmed Donghae down and his aura became lighter, almost the same as it usually was. But we could see that he had been hurt. Badly. It was against our rules to hurt our soulmates, and he just had. He looked sick, as if he had a fever. His lips were dry and chapped and his eyes looked dark and scared.

I saw him glance at the lifeless boy that lay infront of him. “S-so…that’s Hyukjae, my soulmate? Why did I have to hurt him so much though?”

“Donghae, we know you were hurt, but to him it was like a dream. But now that you have each other, you need to learn to live off each other like we do.” Sungmin hyung said.

“Yea, hyung! Come on! Wake him up! We know you can do it! You just need to concentrate all your energy into healing him.” Ryeowook had wiped his tears away and was vibrant once more.

Donghae looked unsure but crawled to the crumpled Eunhyuk, anyway.

He looked at us all before breathing out a deep sigh, putting his arms on Eunhyuk’s chest, and closing his eyes. We could see him concentrating, his eyebrows furrowed, his muscles tensing. 

“Donghae,” I called and he looked at me innocently, “Don’t try too hard. You have to be calm and just focus on being able to see him open his eyes again, or really whatever you really want to do with him. When I need to revive Kibummie, I think of him opening his eyes again.” I said with a smile.

“Reaally? That’s weird. I always think of hugging Sunggie hyung…that’s what works for us…” said a confused Ryeowook, shyly.

Sungmin hyung looked confused too. “I suppose it’s different for everyone…”

Donghae nodded and looked back at Eunhyuk. His mouth formed a little pout as he tried to figure out what he wanted, and soon, with a cheeky smile, he tried again.

It only took a few seconds for Eunhyuk to open his eyes and groan out of the pain of being shot with a bolt of energy.

Everyone looked surprised. “That was fast, like really fast.” I said, amused.

Donghae had backed away again and was siting leaning against the wall as Eunhyuk sat up but he looked happy and completely healed again. Sometimes our powers amaze me…

Eunhyuk’s POV

I looked around as I sat up and realised that everyone really had come to Wookie’s house after all. Then, I suddenly remembered seeing Donghae before I collapsed and looked around the room for him. He was sitting backed away against the wall, but he was right infront of me and was looking straight at me with a worried expression. I frowned at him and opened my mouth to speak but I really had nothing to say.

“So, you’re awake. Do you feel any pain or anything? Does anything hurt? It shouldn’t but it might because it was Donghae’s first time so…” Sungmin hyung started.

“Pain? No, nothing hurts. My head does a bit, but it’s okay. But what are you talking about? D-donghae…he was in my dream. But he’s here too? How do you guys know him? First time at what?  Please! Can you guys tell me what’s going on?” I started asking question. I was so weirded out by this situation. I had no clue what was going on.

“Well, first of all, Donghae hyung is my brother! You know, the one that came from America? Yea, this is him! But, he didn’t actually come from America, we just needed an excuse to explain all of this too you. It just didn’t turn out how we had hoped…Donghae got scared and accidentally made you fall unconscious…haha” said Ryeowook.

I gave him a weird look. “Explain what…?” I asked cautiously.

“Explain the magic society that we, and now you, are a part of.” Sungmin hyung replied.

“M-magic society? You expect me to believe this?”

“Well it would help if you did” Said a new voice. I’d never heard or seen this person before. He was tall and skinny and had pale skin. His brown hair fell just above his eyes and his permanent-looking smirk made him look kinda y. Damn! What’s with all these pretty boys. ==”

“Kyuuuu~! You’re here!” said Sungmin hyung with a delighted smile as everyone turned to face the new arrival.

“Kyu…?” I muttered under my breath. “Weird name…”

 Sungmin hyung glared at me while I heard Siwon chuckle. Oops…too loud. I metally slapped myself.

“Eunhyuk, this is KyuHYUN. I’m his protector. He holds the power of hacking. And no, not just normal human hacking, magical hacking.” Sungmin hyung started to show off his ‘partner’, coughboyfriendcough, and stressed the word human which made me shiver.  This is seriously weird…

“Hyukkie,” I looked up at the sound of that familiar voice. It was Donghae. He was looking at me with the cutest expression, innocently blinking, making me resist the urge to go over and kiss him. Yea, so I had accepted the fact that I’m most definitely gay. I blame it on Sora, but it’s not like I regret it...

“Yea…?”

“You’re my protector…”

I smiled. “So, does that mean we’ll be working together or something?”

He nodded and gave me a huge smile in return.

My trademark gummy smile came out and everyone started to laugh, until I realised what was really going on. “Wait!” I said, “this is some weird trap right? I mean, what is this? Why do we have powers? There’s gotta be a reason, right? What is it?”

Sungmin hyung cleared his throat as everyone settled down, plunging the room into silence once more.

“Errmm…well,” he started.

“Spit it out” I got angry again.

“WE’REPARTOFASECRETMAGICALSOCIETYWHEREWEHAVEPOWERSANDSTUFFANDOURAIMISTOKILL’HER’” blurted Ryeowook.

I looked at him and saw him gasping for air. I almost smiled before I regained composure. “What?” I spat.

“Well basically, we’re all part of a magical society and you’re part of it too. We have powers and our main job is to destroy ‘her’. ‘She’ has been wreaking havoc on our kind for a while, interrupting our meetings with the spirits and such, you’ll understand later. And so, we all have partners that we need to find. And although we’re supposed to find our partners after we know our power and how to use it, we had to find you because we can feel her strength. It seems like she’s built herself a little army, and we need to stop her before its too late.”

I just sat there staring at Sungmin with my mouth open.  “So, I’m Donghae’s protector, but he doesn’t know his power yet, but you needed to find me because we have to go kill ‘her’…? And everyone has their own powers that will help us along the way, right? But how can you feel her strengthening?” I faked an interest, in reality, I just wanted to get away from the group of freaks.

“Remember how Sungmin said I did inhuman hacking?” said Kyuhyun suddenly.

“yeaa…”

“He meant I can read minds…”

I widened my eyes and blushed before looking down as he raised an eyebrow at me.

“Sorry…” I mumbled.

He cleared his throat, trying to hide his laughter and spoke. “So anyway, back to your question, the way we can tell…? It’s hard to explain. Sometimes, evil forces can give off signals to tell someone else that they’re getting stronger. Mainly teasingly, as if they’re showing off. That’s what we felt. But sometimes it happens automatically as a self-defence mechanism. It feels a bit different then. If you feel threatened, you can give off a signal to your enemy which scares them, and they usually leave and lose their memory of the encounter. It supposedly feels like your ears are pounding or something. And you can hear bells and random stuff.” He laughed it off but my eyes widened and I looked at Donghae.

I felt a shiver run through me and Kyuhyun seemed to notice.

“Yea, what you felt was Donghae’s self-defence, but he got scared that you didn’t leave and shot you…”

My eyes didn’t leave Donghae as he scratched the back of his head.  “Sorry about that, I didn’t recognise you…”

“What’s ‘her’ name?” I asked

“We can’t say. There’s a taboo on her name. if we say it, she’ll find us. It gives away our position” said Siwon with a serious voice.

“Write it down”

I heard movement, and soon enough there was a piece of paper infront of me with the name ‘Jessica’ written on it.

After taking a deep breath, I stood up and walked to the door.

“Hyuung~ where are you going?” piped up Ryeowook.

I didn’t answer and walked out.

---

“I don’t believe them. I can’t believe them! What? Jessica? Who’s Jessica? Some evil overlord-y thing? Pshhhh. As if! They’re just playing some stupid prank on me. It makes no sense. I’m a normal guy, living in a normal world. I have a normal sister and normal friends that are creepily good at magic. The fake kind. This isn’t real! They’re playing with me.” I reassured myself as I ran from the house.

I didn’t know where I was going. I just ran. Away from Ryeowook’s house. Away from everything. Tears started running down my face as I ran. I didn’t know why I was crying, but suddenly I felt hopeless. I felt as if the world was crashing down all around me. I mean, in a way, it was. The world that I had known to be real, true, wasn’t. It was all fake and made up to try and stop me finding out the truth before it was time. It was all a façade. I was a toy, being used in some master plan to bring down this ‘Jessica’.

“I don’t want to!” I yelled. “I don’t want to fight random spirits! I don’t even understand what’s going on!” I panted, coming to a stop.

After taking deep breaths to calm myself, I decided to go back home. I wanted to get into that warm bed of mine and sleep. Sleep for as long as I needed. I was exhausted. From the running, from the pain of the revelation.  But as I looked around, I realised I didn’t know where I was. I had run into a park of some sort. Wait! No! Actually, it kind of reminded me of that opening in my dream.

It was quite pretty, with large, tall trees surrounding a small clearing in the middle. I could see the remains of a campfire. Charred wood and ash mixed together in a small pile.

As I looked around the opening in awe, I started to feel that someone was watching me. I ignored it. Pushing those thoughts to the back of my mind, I decided I should call someone, to tell them I was lost in the middle of the woods. It didn’t occur to my monkey brain though, that there would be no signal…==” I only realised after the “This call is not available…” message that I heard at least 20 times…

So, I decided to walk around, stopping occasionally to watch ants and strange blue and purple bugs wandering around. I was quite bored. I ended up resorting to finding a stick and drawing faces in the dirt. I was still angry, and so I really wasn’t thinking straight. I mean, any sane person would have turned around and walked right back out the way they came in, right?

But no, apparently I’m not sane enough…==”

Soon enough it had gotten dark and spooky. As the trees swayed in the light wind, their shadows danced around on the floor in the moonlight. My phone said it was nearing 11pm. I was scared. It was suddenly cold and all the chirping birds had changed to the occasional hoot of an owl and the constant ruffle of leaves and grass.

I sat down on one of the logs around the prehistoric campfire. How I wished I could start it. I remembered back to what my friends had told me about me having powers. I decided to play around a bit and experiment. Not that I believed them, but, it was cold, and I wanted something to do.

So, I stood up and walked over to stand next to the ashes. I didn’t know what to do next.

“Maybe I just need to look at it and think about a campfire and it’ll work…”, I thought to myself.

So I tried. I focused on that spot on the ground without blinking until my eyes started to water. I blinked them a few times and tried again. Widening my eyes, I thought, fire, firee~, FIREEE WHERE ARE YOUU?? IGNITE! Firee? Fire!!

I heaved out a big sigh and decided to try something else. “hmmm, maybe I need to do a fire dance or something.” I said quietly with an amused grin. This should be fun.

I positioned myself so that I could see the moon and the unlit fire. It was a beautiful, round, full moon. After releasing another sigh, I looked up at the moon and decided what to do. I would put my hands together above my head and walk/hop/skip/dance around the campfire until it lit up.

I slowly raised my arms and put my hands together above my head. Upon seeing my shadow, I burst into laughter. “Puahahahah AS IF! As if I’m gonna do that!! haha stupid!” I scolded, tapping my knuckles on the side of my head a few times.

I went back and sat down in the same spot on the log. “Then how do I do this?” I muttered. I decided that I would pretend that there really was a warm fire there and I put my hands out in front of me, palms facing the ‘warmth’. After a while of trying hard to fake warmth, my arms got tired so I let them drop to my sides. It wasn’t working! I just felt colder. ==”

“Pshh…they tell me I have all these powers and , and that H-hae, no I mean Donghae is my soul-mate or something stupid like that, but they don’t tell my how to use my powers…? Wait! Are they trying to make me find out by myself? Is this all a plan? Pshh how petty can these guys get? They leave me out here in the forest not even telling me what to do and they expect me to figure out how to use my ‘powers’…? Well then I’m not leaving till I figure it out! I have pride too!” I yelled out. “Now, to get the fire started…”

“You might need a wand…?” said a voice.

I didn’t recognise it, or stop to think why I heard a voice in the middle of the forest. “Ohhh, like Harry Potter? Yea, that might work, thanks.” I replied with a smile, still not facing the voice.

I crouched down onto the floor to reach for a stick, but my slow, monkey brain caught up with me in the end. I spun around with widened eyes. “Who..”

And I saw her

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

SO.

I UPDATED.

*happy dance*

 

IM SOOOOO SORRY FOR NEGLECTING THIS FIC!!

Rina's been busy with school and we haven't had time to talk and write a chapter together so i came up with this on my own :p. Plus i got distracted and started writing other things :L and then i lost inspiration and blah blah blah

BUT. i got a subscriber today and i decided that maybe, afetr like 2 months...maybe, just maybe i should update.... :L

so i wrote a chapter in class, and here it is! :D

I WANNA THANK ALL THE SUBSCRIBERS THAT STAYED WITH ME THIS WHOLE TIME AND DIDNT UNSUBSCRIBE!!!! i can't even express the gratitude im feeling right now because you guys stayed with me! >.< I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!! <3 <3 <3

i forgot what else i was gonna say so i'll stop here, but i will be updating more frequently from now on cause i've got my ideas back! :DD

 

HOPE YOU ENJOY!!! <3

 

please comment <3