Chapter 10

I Believe...in Magic (Sequel to I Believe) -HIATUS-

Chapter 10

I woke up in a bed that wasn’t my own, in a room that wasn’t my own and with a buzz of voices in my head. Groaning, I sat up with a throbbing headache and I pressed a hand to my head to steady myself as the world spun around me. I was dizzy and blinked to get rid of the sleepy haze that hung above me while trying to figure out where I was.

I could hear hushed voices coming from the other room but I could only identify Ryeowook’s hurried whispers. But there was also a jumbled mass of words and voices that were swirling around in my head. I let out a frustrated groan at not being able to decipher what the voices were saying. They were too jumbled to separate and the words were all mashed together It seemed as if there were a million different conversations taking place in my head yet I could tune into none of them.

Shaking my head, I fooled myself into thinking that my thoughts had been cleared as I started to get out of the bed. A surge of pain flooded through my body as my feet hit the soft carpeted floor and I had to lean against the bed to steady myself. The world spun around me again and I decided it was best to sit back on the bed and call out for the others. But by the time I had sat down and propped myself against the pillows comfortably, the whispers had stopped and Ryeowook, Sungmin, Kyuhyun and one of the other guys that had been at the campfire walked in.

Ryeowook and Sungmin hyung came to the sides of the bed immediately while the other two hung back against the wall.

“Hyung!,” Ryeowook cried, “You’re obviously not alright. How are you feeling?”

I looked at him and gave him a sheepish grin before replying. “Not alright…?”

Sungmin hyung sighed in exasperation and his hands started roaming my blanketed figure. “Where does it hurt? Does in hurt here?” he tapped my knee. “Or here?” he asked again, squeezing my head.

I shoved his hand away probably harder than I should have and a hurt expression flashed in his eyes. “Sorry hyung. I just…why do I feel like this? There are voices in my head that are practically eating my brains out!” I said, my voice louder and more desperate than usual.

All four boys looked confused. “What do you mean ‘voices in your head’? Can you hear people like Kyuhyun and I?” Sungmin hyung asked, motioning to Kyuhyun who was standing in the corner. As I caught his gaze, he gave me a small wave and a smile and I remembered that he was the first to come to me yesterday. I gave him a grateful smile and, judging by the smug expression that appeared on his face, he had read my thoughts.

Looking back at the worried Sungmin, I shrugged. “I can’t tell the difference between voices. It’s not like I can read someone’s thoughts like you guys. It’s just an annoying buzz that won’t go away!” I emphasised the last three words and rapped my knuckles against my head in frustration.

Ryeowook’s eyes widened at the gesture and he reached out and grabbed my wrist in an effort to stop me from hitting myself. “Hyung! Don’t! You’ll hurt yourself!” he yelped in sincere concern.

I sighed and lowered my hand, clenching my fists and feeling helpless. The annoying buzz was still present in my ears and I felt like ripping my hair out to rid myself of the endless noise.

My eyes flickered across the room to the man standing in the other corner. He had shaggy black hair that was on the neat side of messy and his eyes were downcast. He looked as if he were sleeping standing up but his hand were inside his jacket in a strange position and I really couldn’t figure out what he was doing.

Raising an eyebrow and motioning to the strange man, I looked back at Sungmin and shrugged. “Who’s he?

Sungmin winked mischievously and motioned towards Ryeowook who had a full-fledged grin on his small face. “That’s Sungie-oh um that’s Yesung hyung. He’s my soulmate.” He said, grinning wildly while prancing over to the man by the door and hugging him awkwardly.

The so-called Yesung looked up at me and gave me a dazed half smile before looking down again and whispering frantically to Ryeowook who had seemed to have begun fussing over the thing that Yesung was holding. I looked back at Sungmin to see him giving them a motherly  look and I smiled myself in response.

It was quiet…but a comfortable quiet which was filled only with the quiet squeals and rushed whispering from Ryeowook and Yesung. I was curious as to what Yesung was holding…but then, there were other, more important things on my mind.

I cleared my throat. “Um guys…can I talk to Kyuhyun for a bit. We…he…I need to ask him something.” I don’t know what brought it on, maybe it was seeing Ryeowook and his soulmate so close, but suddenly I felt the need to make up with Donghae. I remember exactly what happened, but I didn’t know why. Was it normal for a discussion to turn into a somewhat make-out session?

Kyuhyun smiled. He had read my thoughts. “Sungmin-ah, take Wookie and Sungie hyung out. We need to talk in private.” He gave Sungmin hyung a strange look, perhaps telling him not to mind read or something…

Sungmin nodded obediently and quietly ushered the other two out while Kyuhyun walked towards me with a knowing smile.

“You know, you look kinda old when you smile like that. You look like you’re an old grandpa!” I teased and the expression faded straight away being replaced by a smirk and a raised eyebrow.

“Do you want my help or not?”

My playfulness disappeared and I slumped against the pillows, recalling yesterday’s scenes in my head. “Shut up.” I mumbled under my breath, but being the mind-reading-genius-know-it-all that he is, Kyuhyun heard me. He didn’t react though, only moving to sit on my bed close to me on my right side.

He took my hand in his and began, “Look, I don’t know how you’re feeling, but if I think about how I felt…” he stopped and gave me a look; one saying that he really didn’t want to think about how he felt and it almost made me smile.

I retracted my hand slowly and placed it in my lap, playing with my fingers. “I don’t know how I feel. Or felt. I mean, I ran away too fast and then collapsed.” I added with a sheepish grin.

“Think back. Break through those walls. I know Sora-ssi is…” he paused. “attracted to girls.”

“Lesbian?” I offered.

“Yes. Ermm..l-lesbian. And so it’s not like she won’t accept or anything. Get rid of your fear. Are you worried about what others will think? Because, quite frankly, we’re all gay here so…” Kyuhyun grinned.

Once again, I almost smiled. “I-I…it felt kinda…nice…? I mean…it was weird but…and the atmosphere was kinda…oh, I don’t know!” I collapsed with a huff.

Kyuhyun started to chuckle and he reached over to pinch my cheeks. “You~ You are the cutest hyung I know. Like, seriously! You look like a love-sick teenager…Oh wait, YOU ARE!” he laughed

“Ahhh!” I screamed out in pain and brought my palms to my head, banging on the sides of my head and pulling on my hair.

Kyuhyun pulled his hand back in surprise. “W-what? What did I do?”

Suddenly, it was as if someone had turned the volume up on a television and the insides of my head started pounding with loud yells from a very familiar voice. S-sungmin…? It felt as if my head was splitting into two and I could practically feel my skin being stretched and pulled apart. I could almost feel the blood dripping down my face.

Panting and squirming, I managed to choke out, “Its hurts. Get Someone.”

It was excruciating, but only for a moment. Suddenly there was silence and my head hurt from the emptiness as I fell back against the pillows. I blinked rapidly, trying to rid myself of the dizzy spells that seemed to be attacking me. Squeezing my eyes shut and taking deep breaths, I wiped the thin layer of sweat that had formed on my forehead.

I grabbed Kyuhyun’s arm and demanded. “What just happened?” I panted. “Tell me what happened!” My head was still pulsing lightly; kind of like a heartbeat in my head.

Kyuhyun just looked shocked. He was frozen. “I-I don’t know. I have no idea whatsoever. I think you just…” he trailed off, his eyes still wide.

Next thing I knew he was running out of the room screaming ‘Sungmin! Sungmin, something happened! Sungmin where are you?! Sungmin!’

“Kyuhyun!” I yelled after him, “Kyuhyun where are you going?! Come back! Kyu-ah~!”

No response.

Sighing in disappointment, I laid back down on the bed, my back facing away from the door. A few minutes later I heard a timid knock at the door and an extremely familiar voice. One that I had, strangely enough as I discovered, missed.

“Hyukkie-ah, can I come in? Are you asleep? Can we talk?” The voice asked quietly.

Donghae…      

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*CLEARS THROAT* EHEM. YES. I AM ALIVE. AND I UPDATED AFTER A MONTH AND 12 DAYS...

90 DEGREE BOW. I.AM.INCREDIBLY.SORRY

I'M SO SORRY FOR MY LACK OF UPDATES! I'VE LOST INSPIRATION FOR THIS FIC AND I REALLY DON'T WANT TO WRITE IT ANYMORE D:

so...

yeahh....

comment if you will :) it'll make me happy :D

but please, don't only write 'update soon!' or something along those lines. after my hard work in writing a chapter only seeing 'update soon' makes me want to cry. it takes me a lot of effort to write these chapters because i've lost all inspiration and my co-author doesn't help me at all. so i un-co-authored her :p

but please, it would mean the world to me if you guys could comment something other than just 'update soon!' it may also give me the motivation i need to write a new chapter ;)

 

THANK YOU~ <3