Chapter 4

I Believe...in Magic (Sequel to I Believe) -HIATUS-

 

Chapter 4

Author’s POV

The bell rang and all of them made their way out of their classes to meet each other outside the front school gate.

"Hyungs, Donghae may not be in a good mood.....please don't say anything to him!" pleaded Ryeowook with his head bowed down.  He looked up at the group with worried eyes.

"Don't worry Wookie-ah! Donghae's our brother too...we know how to handle him when he's not in his spirits" said Kangin with a smile.

"Besides, he's probably just upset that he didn't find his protector yet. It’s no big deal. Don’t worry yourself too much maknae!” Sungmin said, patting Ryeowook’s head. “ But  I wonder where that Hyukjae is..."he added and all of them sighed.

Everyone in their group had already met their soul mates and obviously Donghae was more than a little put out that he still hadn't found his. At times he did tend to throw a tantrum but the others put up with it as they knew how hard it was without their partners. When one was sick, their partner could cure them, when one was tired, their partner could re-energize them, and only within seconds. Donghae had been having a hard time having to live like a human. It was wasting his time. He needed to find her. He had, like Kangin, sensed her strengthening.

“Guys, we need to leave. He’s coming out.” Said Siwon urgently and the group huddled together and headed off.

Eunhuk’s POV

(A/N: Rewind back to the bell)

The bell rang signalling the end of day and the start of my freedom!

Yay! I can finally get my strawberry milk~!

I skipped happily out of the school and was about to take the turn to the nearest convenience store, when something caught my attention. A small group of boys were walking, huddled together, looking as if they were doing something against the rules. Something suspicious. On looking closer I realized that they were my friends! Instantly I thought of the incident that occured during lunch.

I guess I understand the suspiciousness now. They’re trying to hide from me. I laughed and shook my head mentally at their foolishness. I mean seriously? They’re walking around right outside the school in such a big group!

I wanted to run up to them and scare them but then I suddenly became worried about lunchtime. Truthfully, I didn’t believe that’s there was going to be some surprise party. Of course I didn’t! I liked adventure! And I wanted to find out where they were going!

Ohhhh...maybe they're going to Ryeowook's house now! But wasn’t I supposed to go too? Ryeowook wanted me to go over to his house so badly just at lunch! Why the sudden mood swing? I was confuzzled. Hmph, they dare to not include me in their plans...well I'm going to find out myself then!

Author’s POV

Thinking so, the adventure-hungry boy nodded firmly and set about following them, forgetting all about his precious strawberry milk. He carefully followed the group, darting beneath bushes and hiding in alleys until he was sure it was safe to proceed. He felt a little like a secret agent or an undercover spy. It was pretty exciting!

Sure enough, he realised, it was the path to Ryeowook's house! He remembered throwing up on the rose bushes outside the door on that drunken night. Suddenly a feeling of guilt washed over him. “Sorry Wookie…” he mumbled.

 Eunhyuk waited in a bunch of hedges until all of them had disappeared inside and the door had been closed.

Siwon’s POV

We quickly headed to Ryeowook's house and as usual I had my ears open and senses alert for any unwated stalkers but I couldn't pick up anything out of the ordinary. We entered the house and all of us breathed deeply talking in the unpolluted Earth free air.

It was so pure and clean. Just perfect.

Suddenly, I felt him. “Guys, I think he fell for it. Hyukjae’s outside.” I said excitedly.

Everyone looked around with grins on their face.

Sungmin sighed, “I don’t know if this is a good idea though. We don’t know how Donghae’ll react. What if its too much power? Or they don’t recognise each other?”

“They will. It was the whole point of that dream, stupid.” Kangin replied.

We heard movement near the door.

“Guys!!” I whisper-yelled. “Let’s go upstairs!”

Author’s POV

 Hyukjae approached the house cautiously, making sure not to be seen through the windows, almost stepping in those significant roses. He stepped onto the driveway and noticed a strange difference in the air. It was as if the air was purer, cleaner, and more breathable. It gave him a feeling of being lifted up. As he breathed more of it in, he fell deeper into its spell. It even smelled nice! It was almost as if he was entering a different universe.

He shook his head getting rid of his silly thoughts and walked up to the door. To his surprise and delight it was open! Pabos, they forgot to lock it...is Ryeowook's brother that important?! He gently pushed it open and peeked in and again luck was on his side. Well, for now at least, there seemed to be no one around.

Eunhyuk entered and took his shoes off as quietly as possible. Thank Shisus for the carpet because his shoes had heels and were pretty noisy.

What? He’s short!

Slowly, he creeped up to the living room and peeped inside. He scanned the room. This really was Ryeowook’s house. He remembered the vague scent of lavender that always seemed to follow Ryeowook around and the tidiness of the whole room. It was rather large and he smiled when he came across the shelf which had numerous photographs of their group. He walked over and saw a lot of the memories.  Laughing at the beach, hanging out at the movies. It was fun to look at.

There was also a family portrait. He recognised Ryeowook right away. “Wow Wookie, your mum’s really pretty…!” he acknowledged quietly. There was also another man in the picture, Ryeowook’s brother. He looked kind of familiar but Eunhyuk took no notice of it. He was about to walk away from the pictures when he suddenly remembered what Ryeowook had said at lunch.

“Aww…but I wanted you to meet him and for him to meet you!”

“Meet me? Why? Do I know him?” I was confused. Who is Wookie’s brother to me?

“I don’t think you know him…unless by some really strange co-incidence you do…Nope, you don’t know him, I mean its impossible, right?...well nothing’s impossible, but you know…”

I watched as Ryeowook fought with himself, eyebrows knotted together in confusion. It seemed as if he was trying to hide something. . Like he wasn’t telling me something important. I noticed the others at the table glancing at each other with warning looks on their faces. What’s up with this? It was strangely creepy. As if they were sending messages with their eyes. Well, everyone does that, but like, this was weird. And the silence didn’t help the absurdness of the whole thing…kinda made it worse. (chapter 3)

Eunhyuk’s POV

I turned back to have another look at the picture. What did he mean? How could I know his brother? Picking the frame up, I looked closer at the picture. It must have been windy that day, because his hair had been blown into his eyes and he was wearing a scarf that covered his chin. But it was that smile. I knew that smile!

I tried going through my memories. My eyes were closed in concentration when I found a flicker of the face. But just as I was going to remember the name, my head started to hurt from all the thinking. I stopped. “Why does this feel so annoyingly important?” I muttered to myself, angry. I sighed and turned around.

I heard these cute tinkling noises, like one of those wind chimes moving about, but looking out the window I saw that there was no wind. It was a beautiful, sunny, serene day. With no wind. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion and I took a deep breath before stepping closer to the noise. It got louder. Kind of painfully louder, but I could bear with it. I needed to know what was going on…

Author’s POV

He stepped through another door leading away from the living room. His head started pulsing as he saw something he’d never forget. Never. It also kind of reminded him of that one dream. The one that felt so real. The one in which he fell in love with someone that didn’t really exist. The one that caused him so much heartbreak.

Here it was again. Why is this happening to me?!

He saw a floating angel with midnight blue wings. It was sitting there, with its legs crossed, around a metre above the ground. Eunhyuk’s eyes widened with fear and excitement.

The strange, floating man was wearing a dark blue cloak which was decorated with stars and, strangely, fishes. It looked kind of cool. His brown hair was perfectly placed on his head, as if it had never been touched and he had a faint smile on his lips. It was kind of cool, yes, but kind of creepy at the same time. But the pulsing in Eunhyuk’s head had gotten worse. So bad, that he wanted to faint. Loud drum beats could also be heard, pounding against his ears, and he was finding it difficult to keep his eyes open.

The creature’s eyes were closed and he seemed to be deep in thought. Praying, maybe? Suddenly almost as if he sensed someone, the angel opened his eyes and stared at him with a confused smile which turned into a frown.

Eunhyuk’s eyes widened even wider, “OMG! You have got to be kidding me! D-Donghae?!”

He looked as if he was concentrating on something for a second. His eyebrows knitted together as if he were boring a hole right through Eunhyuk. A sudden jolt of pain coursed through his body and he moaned in pain.

“S-stop it…” he managed to whisper.

A beating of wings, pounding against his skull, loud bells ringing, Donghae… it was too much to handle.

And the world turned black.

--------

Siwon’s POV

“Crap.” I said. “crap, crap, crap.”

The others looked surprised. I never swore, or came close to it.

“Oh dear, what happened down there?” said Kibum, a few seconds later. Great, he had felt it too.

We were soulmates. My powers were a bit stronger than his because he was my protector, but we both felt the same things. We looked at each other and then at everyone else. They looked alarmed. Ryeowook was cowering beside Sungmin.

“Sungmin-hyung…” I started, “you were right. Something happened.”

His eyes widened. Ryeowook winced. Kangin looked like he didn’t want to believe us.

And with that, we bolted down the stairs.

As soon as we reached the living room, all of us knew that something was wrong and we rushed in. There, Donghae was sitting in a corner with his head in his hands. A dark menacing aura surrounded him.  In front of him, lay a lifeless, unconscious Eunhyuk.

“Hyukkie-hyung!” Ryeowook screeched and ran forward and shook his shoulder. He poked Donghae. “Hyuuung~ What did you do?” Ryeowook’s voice broke. “Hyuung~ You need him. Its Eunh-um, Hyukjae, Lee Hyukjae, your soulmate.”

After hearing that, Donghae looked up with teary eyes. “I know. I felt it, but it was too overwhelming, and I-I lost control…I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to.” 

In the background Sungmin sighed and muttered, “Aishhh… I knew this would happen…”

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OKAY IM SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING :/

it might take even longer now because Rina's on hiatus...............................

sorry... :(

but i'll try and update as much as i can! :)

comment and subscriibee <3

EDIT: LOL i just read over it and realised i changed POV 8 times :L i really need to stop doing that =="