Chapter 8

My y Mechanic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Since the chairs in the mall had been occupied by most of the other angry shoppers, they decided to camp out on the floor, that’s all they could do really, until the snow storm had calmed. Jewel face palmed herself and let out a frustrated sigh. This was just her luck; ever since her car had broken down things were just getting progressively worse and worse.

Zelo had fallen asleep, and his head rested soundly on Jewel’s lap, whilst Daehyun sat on the other side of Zelo. Himchan had decided to go for a ‘stroll’ around the mall, saying he felt bored just sitting about. Jewel secretly thought it was because he frankly didn’t want to be anywhere near her. Who could blame him? After all she was a ‘difficult woman’. Yongguk had offered to buy some warm drinks to cheer everyone up, but it was only Daehyun who wanted one.

As if reading her mind, Daehyun smiled sympathetically at Jewel. ‘Don’t worry, things can only get better for you’ he positively stated. Returning the smile, Jewel looked at Daehyun.

‘Yeah I hope so’

There was a hesitant pause before Daehyun spoke again. ‘So…He really didn’t try to make a move on you right?’

‘Oh gosh! Of course not!’ Jewel blabbered, shaking her head vigorously to emphasise her point.

Zelo stirred a bit in his sleep at Jewel’s movement, but settled comfortably after a couple of seconds, the peaceful look returning to his face.

‘Aigoo! His sleeping face is so cute’ she cooed, hastily trying to change the topic.

Daehyun looked uncertainly at her, but didn’t probe her further about any potential suspicious activities that could have occurred in the changing rooms between herself and Himchan.

‘Yeah well you should see him when there are no cherry tomatoes; it’s not cute at all’

Jewel chuckled softly at Daehyun’s joke, grateful at his attempts to lighten the mood.

‘There’s something I want to ask you though...’ she trailed unsurely.

He nodded his head.

‘What is it?’

‘How come you knew where to find us?’ she curiously asked Daehyun. She had remembered what he had said earlier. The phrase ‘I’m pretty sure this is where he would have taken her’ had been bugging her.

‘Oh…’ now it was his turn to trail his words.

Jewel studied his face carefully, and saw the short-lived glimmer of hesitation cross Daehyun’s face… as if he was debating with himself on whether he should tell her or not.

‘It’s okay…you can tell me’ she encouraged.

‘Well…the thing is…Himchan hyung, when he’s trying t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter