Chapter 3

My y Mechanic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

‘What did you say to her?!’ Yongguk whispered harshly to Himchan.

Nonchalantly, Himchan shrugged.

 

‘Who knows? She must be a touchy woman.’ And with that comment, he disappeared to make something to eat.

 

Jewel gnashed her teeth.

Ignore it, she thought to herself. He’s not worth arguing with.

 

They had driven back to the garage in silence because Jewel had decided to give Himchan the silent treatment.

 

How very dare him! Who was he to just decide how long she spent with him?! Breaking her car on purpose! What sort of monster was he?!

Evidently, the rest of the gang had noticed the thick air that hung as Jewel stormed into the garage gloomily.

 

Daehyun had even been kind enough to offer Jewel a bite of his cheesecake, yet she was adamant to keep up with her angry attitude, and had declined.

 

Jewel sat down on the sofa flicking through a magazine, gazing in fascination at the makeup that the model was sporting in the picture.

 

 ‘So pretty’ she murmured to herself; Yongguk had managed to sit on sofa without her realising.

 

‘I see. You’re into those sorts of things’

 

Startled by the sudden intrusion of her thoughts, she blinked slowly at Yongguk.

 

‘That makeup?’ he probed.

 

‘Ah yes! It’s really cute! Maybe I’ll treat myself to it next time I go shopping’ she smiled brightly. Her foul mood had vanished. Somehow, there was something therapeutic about hearing the deep calm voice of Yongguk.

Zelo had suddenly appeared and was now standing in front of Jewel and Yongguk.

‘Wah! You’re prettiest when you smile’ he noted.

Furiously blushing, Jewel looked down at the ground.

‘U-um thank you’ she mumbled shyly.

To try and avoid having to say anything else, Jewel took a sip of water from the glass that had remained from earlier.

‘You’re pretty, smiling or not’ added Yongguk.

Choking on her water, Jewel’s eyes widened like saucers.

Yongguk rushed to pat Jewel’s back.

‘Are you okay?!’ his deep voice seemed to be full of worry and panic.

Nodding and sticking her thumb up, she gave the signal she was fine.

Upon hearing that, Yongguk stalled before removing his hand from her back; but then awkwardly shifted, leaving a big gap between him and Jewel on the sofa.

 

‘So have you decided who you are going to confess to?’ a voice called from the other side of the room to Zelo.

Now it was Zelo’s turn to blush.

‘N-no…’ he answered inaudibly.

‘What’s happening?’ questioned Jewel curiously.

Jongup responded before Zelo could even open his mouth.

‘It’s Valentine’s day today’

She giggled quietly to herself, enjoying the shade of crimson Zelo seemed to be turning.

‘Do you have a date for Valentine’s day tonight Jewel?’ Youngjae asked, seeming to have taken a break from ranting at Daehyun.

Jewel stopped giggling, and then mutely, she shook her head.

 A big sigh escaped her lips as she began to flick through the magazine again.

‘Who would want to go out with her? No-one likes a difficult woman.’ Himchan snorted, and then burst out laughing.

Yet no one else laughed.

‘Yah! Himchan hyung! That was a bit unnecessary…’ trailed Daehyun, evidently feeling uncomfortable at the sudden silence that had fallen in the room.

Jewel’s eyes were burning, as she blinked rapidly to h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter