VII Le Chariot

Red Velvet: Cursed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

     The Chariot/Le Chariot

The chariot is one of the most complex cards to define. On its most basic level, it implies war, a struggle, and an eventual, hard-won victory; either over enemies, obstacles, nature, the beasts inside you, or to just get what you want. But there is a great deal more to it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 7

Le Chariot

 

Another choice.

 

 

 

“At least no one died this time.” Yuri softly said and looked at the wall in front of us. We were both sitting next to each other outside the classroom. I didn’t know why the two of us were getting along quite well, but I couldn’t complain. At least I had someone to talk to without getting mad myself.

“Yes, but what are we going to do with her?” I almost seemed the only one who had the audacity to think this far. “Xiumin talks about her being dead weigh to carry around- but as of now, we’re not going anywhere. Amber needs to drink and sleep as well. She’ll die like this either way.”

Yuri frowned and nodded. “He’s trying to make us feel guilty of letting her die if not taking care properly. I want to curse, but I can’t.” she clenched her fists and bit on her lip. “I feel like there’s something I have to do, you know. What does Xiumin want from us?”

“I think we all know what he wants.” I replied and stood up, looking from left to right. “Every single one of us knows. He won’t let us escape easily; if there is an escape to begin with.”

Yuri followed me to the classroom and stood in front of the door. People were crying inside. I didn’t want to deal with any of that right now. I wished I could go my own way as well; but that would mean the death of me in an instant.

“Let’s just head back,” I said softly. “This is our new reality. Let’s make the best out of it.”

We were sitting in our usual circle formation. Amber was still in a coma, sleeping on some jackets and cardigans. Yuri and Yoonhye had given their cardigans and were sitting in their white shirts. It wasn’t cold, but this atmosphere couldn’t be called warm either.

“This will just take time, right? He’s just killing us one by one.” Yong Guk was almost glued against Yuri.

“Listen to me,” Mr. Byun nodded. “This buddy system, it needs to be monitored. Xiumin has come up with these words and I know it hurts, but it would be good to have an actual idea of who you need to look out for.”

“Look after.” I said. “We need to keep them alive, sir.”

“Yes,” he looked at me and cringed. “So it would be a clever thing to just say what your card says. Right?”

Yesung and Yoonhye had paired up since yesterday. Yesung never went somewhere without Yoonhue; to some freaky extents.

Yuri gave me an intense look as she pinched her eyes together. “Okay, let’s do it. Let’s head to the blackboard and write down what word you were assigned to.”

“Why write it down?” Zelo asked and stood up.

“That way we can monitor it, idiot!” Yuri threw the crayon in his hand and waited for him to write down his word.

Everyone turned silent after Zelo had written down his word. Even Yuri looked down for a second, stared at the floor and got herself together seconds

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter