XI La Justice

Red Velvet: Cursed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

     Justice/La Justice

When Justice appears in a throw, it usually signals that some injustice needs righting, that something in the world is dangerously out of balance. This could be interior to the Querent (not giving the self its due; arrogance), or it could be the calling of the Querent (to right some external wrong).

 

 

 

Chapter 11

La Justice

 

Who knows?

 

 

There was this nanosecond in which the entire room was filled with nothing but silence. It was uneasy and hard to realize, but a storm was coming. Every single one of us was aware of this fact. All we did was stare at the girl whose eyes couldn’t hold it in anymore. Tears were streaming down her cheeks, while her hands never stopped shaking.

Mr. Byun was faster than the others and placed his hand on Yoonhye’s shoulder. “Wow, wow, wow… Don’t make these ugly assumptions. It’s just a notebook. We don’t know if it holds any truth.”

“Oh, bull!” Heechul shook his head and showed us his shimmering teeth. “She’s the wolf. It’s all clear now. Do you think I’m stupid, girl?” he stepped closer to Yoonhye and poked her forehead. “Playing the innocent, chubby one.”

“Back off!” Yesung stepped in front of her and frowned. “She’s still a girl! Don’t lay a finger on her.”

Heechul smirked and looked at Zhou Mi, who now joined him. “Come on, look at our situation here. We’re being kept hostage in a place like this. Xiumin turned our own school against us with the help of that Jaejoong and a wolf. A wolf amongst us! Someone who is pretending to be one of us!” Zhou Mi’s eye grew larger while he smirked softly.

“Idiot, you all were so convinced that I was the wolf when I was still around you guys.” Yesung clenched his fists. “You just look for someone to blame. We’re here because it is, individually our fault. Whatever it is that we’ve done, it has angered Xiumin from beyond the grave.” This actually was the first time Yesung sounded intelligent.

Ailee shook her head. “Sorry, but I think it’s pretty obvious Yoonhye helps Xiumin. Killing her best friend, NoEul; being a crybaby and everyone’s puppy… She’s obviously playing the innocent-part in all of this. Look at her! She’s pathetic.”

Yoonhye had her eyes closed and pressed her head against Yesung’s back. My eyes travelled towards Yong Guk, whose face showed a little doubt. Even for a genuine person like him, it was hard to trust this fragile girl. I didn’t know what to say of this. She could be set up. The question was by who.

“Look, our group isn’t going to take her in. I’m saying this right now, little girl.” Heechul approached Yoonhye and pushed Yesung away. He bowed all over her and showed her his teeth. “You better stay away from us. You’re KOS. Kill. On. Sight. I’ll make sure of that.” His whispers were soft, but loud enough for me to hear.

“Go to the classroom, Yoonhye.” Mr. Byun’s eyes turned cold. I knew he was doubting this situation either. There was a fifty percent chance that she was a wolf. Then again, we all had that fifty percent. That notebook made it appear as if she was the only one. “We’ll talk later.”

She was scared to death. Yesung grabbed her arm and gave the teacher a dirty look. “You’re making a huge mistake.” They disappeared inside the tunnels and left a chaotic group behind.

“Look!” The teacher almost roared. He was agitated. Furious. Nothing was going his way. I even started to believe that underneath his weak personality, something was hiding. I didn’t know when it would come out, to be exact, but his true colors were showing right now. “Just shut the hell up and listen to me!”

There was silence. Only silence. Mr. Byun’s eyes scared us all.

“I don’t care that we split up. That we're different groups right now. If you guys still want to play that game, fine with me. However, keep in mind that one of us will die if we don’t place this notebook inside the box. There is one notebook and I assume you guys have a box as well.” Mr. Byun took the box out of Chen’s hands and placed it on the floor.

Taemin, who miraculously had some importance, because he carried their box, placed it right next to ours and blended with the background again.

“How do you know Xiumin is asking for that notebook?” Key stepped forward.

“Look at the mess it created.” Mr. Byun took the notebook out of Heechul’s hands and ripped it in half. One part was given back, the other was thrown into our own box. “We both found it by accident.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter