VIII La Force

Red Velvet: Cursed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

     Strength/La Force

The modern interpretation of the card stresses discipline and control. The lion represents the primal or id-like part of the mind, and the woman, the 'higher' or more elevated parts of the mind. The card tells the Querent to be wary of base emotions and impulse.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 8

La Force

 

Antagonist.

 

The classroom was absolutely silent. We already figured out what was going to happen next. It would be impossible to pick the choice that seemed logical. We were the group that voted to outlive this thing. Every single one of us was aware of the fact that there was no going back now. It was as if everyone wanted to be a boss of their own fate.

Mr. Byun frowned and sighed deeply. “There is no going back now. We have to do it.” The rest of us just looked at him and remained silent. His eyes were locked on Yuri; as if she’d knew more. “Do you know what we should be looking for?”

Her cheeks turned red as she grabbed for Yong Guk’s arm. “No, I really don’t. Why are you looking at me?”

Mr. Byun shrugged. “It was a hunch. Guys, we have a serious problem.” He pointed at the box. “This needs to be done.” Then his hand showed us the dark side of the situation. “What about Amber?”

“But, Sir,” Zelo looked up. “We can be back in an instant, she’s just sleeping!”

Yong Guk hands started shaking. It was as if he almost wanted to hit the kid. “You don’t get it, do you? Xiumin has thought about this. It’s all planned.”

Yoonhye nearly disappeared behind Yesung and looked as if she had a moment of realization. “He let us made a choice, because he knew it would split up the group in two. Then he paired us up, to make everything even more complicated. The other group will most certainly go to the basement as well.”

“Yes, the thought of someone dying is more real now. Because we’re split in half, there are less people; so it’s easier to believe that your chance of death will be bigger.” Yuri nodded slowly. “He’s one clever little…” but she never finished what she wanted to say.

“So, there are two teams battling against each other, but we have Amber. Why would Xiumin put her into a coma? Think, people,” I whispered. “Use your brain for once. Xiumin said that we could leave her behind if we wanted to; get rid of the dead weight.” I stared at Yesung, knowing that he would come up with the end of my theory.

“It’s a trap,” his voice sounded hoarse. “He’ll put weight on our shoulders. If we leave Amber behind,”

“She’ll die.” A dark, soft voice filled the room. Jaejoong was present again. He stood behind me, shoes touching my back – as we were all seated on the floor. A shiver raced down my spine. His presence made me feel quite strange. He wasn’t human, but I couldn’t define his being either way.

Mr. Byun turned pale. “W-what did you say?”

Jaejoong kneeled right next to me and showed us his pearly white teeth. “I think you know what I’m talking about. She’s one of you, yes. Prove it.”

Yoonhye’s eyes filled with tears as she dreaded seeing another corpse. I understood and kept my eyes on Chen for a while. He seemed to be fully aware of what was happening and stared back at me.

“So you’re saying that we have to compete against the others, carrying a sleeping girl with us?” Mr. Byun’s voice didn’t sound that calm anymore. He hated being here. Who could blame him for it? I didn’t even know whether he was aware of whatXiumin looked like.

“I’ll let you guys talk a bit,” Jaejoong gave us a short lasting smile. “I believe this i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter