0 Le Mat

Red Velvet: Cursed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

     Le Mat/The Fool: 

In many esoteric systems of interpretation, the Fool is usually interpreted as the protagonist of a story,
and the Major Arcana is the path the Fool takes through the great mysteries of life and the main human 
archetypes.
This path is known traditionally in Tarot as the Fool's Journey,
and is frequently used to introduce the meaning of Major Arcana cards to beginners

 

 

 

 

Chapter 0

Le Mat

 

One, two, three, four…

sixteen, seventeen, eighteen,…

twenty.

 

Hehe.

 

Wrong order.

Who will die first?

 

 

    Park Chanyeol

 

He was gone. I closed my eyes and opened them afterwards only to see that he was gone. Gone as in gone. He disappeared; faded away as if he had never existed before. Like every single class would react when a teacher disappeared into nothingness, nobody said a word and continued to stare at the blackboard.

Mr Byun looked at the empty spot as well and swallowed the lump in his throat. He scratched the back of his neck and confusedly shook his head, awkwardly staring at the class. “Where did Mr Park go?” his voice seemed overpowered by doubt.

Someone started laughing, uncontrollably, for fear had taken over his entire existence. He stopped as soon as he had started out and the class turned silent again. You could hear people blink, that’s how the quiet had taken over the room.

“Maybe he left?” Krystal, the girl who sat next to me exclaimed, unsure about her credibility. Mr Byun looked from left to right and nodded slowly.

“I’ll check it out.” Mr Byun nodded and turned around, he seemed entirely pulled out of his comfort zone. How could one explain the sudden disappearance of a middle-aged  man when he stood lecturing an entire class. Mr Park was mad at us for being disrespectful students.

He had called us brats, worms, idiots and people who should be thrown in jail for being immensely cruel to teachers. Of course he was overreacting and stupid for even believing the teachers.

Mr Byun, the substitute teacher, stood by the door now, his hand on the knob, trying to open it. “It’s…” the class was still silent, a rare moment that should be cherished. “The door… I can’t open it.”

Someone groaned and jumped up, looking at his peers and showing his white, shimmering teeth. “Stop fooling around. This joke isn’t funny anymore.” It was Henry and he was running towards the door right now, almost tripping along the way. He pushed the teacher away and tried to open it himself.

The result was quite unanimous, for Henry had to turn around and walk back to his place, dropping his body on that chair and keeping his eyes glued on his desk. “It’s locked.”

People started talking right now, but I couldn’t do anything but stare at the teacher. Poor guy, to be stuck in one room with 6.G.

“Everybody, please remain calm. I’m sure this is just a prank. Let’s continue with math and wait for the door to open.” Mr Byun went through his dark hair and grinned.

“Sir?” a soft, timid voice tried getting noticed in the crowd. Luckily for that girl, Mr Byun had a thing for students who kept themselves in the background. “Sir?”

“Yes?” Mr Byun laid down his crayon and tried the door again. It refused to open. “Yoonhye, isn’t it?”

“Yes. Yoonhye. I-ehm…” she cleared and stood up, looking at all of us. “I just noticed that there’s a vase on ehm…” she pointed at the desk next to the window, on the last row. Everybody turned their head while I rolled my eyes.

“So what? There’s a vase on Xiumin’s desk?” NoEul pushed her best friend and grinned. “Someone must have missed him, right?” she wiggled her eyebrows and looked around.

“Shut up, idiot.” Yuri stood up and walked to the desk. She got the vase and turned it upside down, there was no flower in it. “Who put the vase here?” Yuri was known for her…assertive way of handling situations.

“Maybe Xiumin himself did.” Key started laughing and slapped his upper leg. “That would be quite ironic.”

Mr Byun raised an eyebrow and waited for Key to explain. “You know, Sir, because he’s dead.”

“Xiumin’s not dead!” Yoonhye mumbled and tried grabbing a cookie out of her bag. “He’s just…”

“Kidnapped, murdered, lost, ran away, an idiot…” Yuri tried kicking in the door, but it remained shut. “I don’t care, okay? I just want to get out of this room filled with morons.”

She was right, though. I didn’t want to be here with these people either. You could say that I didn’t have any friends here who I even considered actual friends. The only kid I actually liked was Chen, because he was mute. That should say enough.

Mr Byun sighed deeply and sat on the edge of his bureau. “Just be quiet, everyone. Let’s start with being quiet and then we can think of something to do.”

“Do what?” Yuri was close to losing it and threw the vase on the fl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter