IX L'Ermite

Red Velvet: Cursed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

     The Hermit/L'Ermit

There are two possible ways this card can be interpreted:

First, the need to withdraw from society to become comfortable with himself.
Second, the return from isolation to share his knowledge with others.

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 9

L'Ermit

 

Alpha males.

 

A shadow stood behind Chen, hands wrapped around his neck- pinching every single air molecule out of his system. I looked at the guy and then back at the window. I couldn’t help but step back- feeling my heart burst out of my system. Yoonhye screamed and Yong Guk almost dropped Amber.

Chen’s hands tried to free himself, his eyes glued to the window, but there was nothing he could do. His body collapsed, running out of oxygen. An unknown feeling took over my being as I rushed over to him and realized I wasn’t the only one. The only person who stood on the side, covering his face was Zelo.

Chen stopped making choking noises and closed his eyes, ready to give up- but Yuri snapped. “Fatty! Hey fatty! Hey fatty!” she crawled up and tossed her hair back- almost elegantly. “Did you eat all the food in the cafeteria? We couldn’t find !”

It stopped. I slowly looked up and cringed. The shadow had let go Chen- who already dropped his head to the tiles, passing out. There was a moment of silence there, just a nanosecond and then it happened. I wanted to grab her before it did, but I was too late.

An unknown force pushed Yuri down the hall and made her collide with the window of one of the classrooms. She disappeared and went all the way through it. Now Yong Guk really let go of Amber and ran for his life, all the way to the collision.

The rest followed. Only Zelo and Chen remained behind. Zelo didn’t move an inch and looked at me- shaking his head. It was as if he now realized what was going on. I kneeled back next to Chen and tried to wake him. He was still breathing. Yuri had succeeded. I didn’t know why she had done it.

“Try to wake him up!” I shouted at him and ran down the hall, entering the classroom. Everyone in here was circled around Yuri’s body. At first I expected the worst, maybe that’s why I came in this late- but not only she had a strong mind, her body followed.

Her messy hair nearly hid all of her face. There were cuts in her forehead, blood dripped down her milky skin. Our eyes met and she grinned. Yong Guk couldn’t let her go, but had to when Mr. Byun wanted to check up on her.

“I didn’t break anything,” she said and tried to crawl up. “The glass just cut my skin at some places and my wrist hurt.” Yong Guk tried to pull her up, but she was faster and hid behind a desk; barfing everything out of her system. It’s what we thought.Yuri didn’t break a single bone, but she probably had a concussion.

She hid with her hand and frowned. Yuri probably assumed she had been doing better than she initially thought. Mr. Byun took her by the arm and sighed deeply. “Are you dizzy? Feeling nauseous?”

“A little bit. Teacher, we have to go. We have to find that thing faster than the others. We’re already late. Let’s get going.” Yuri groaned when her wrist touched a desk and looked at me. I gave her a short thumbs up and walked back to the hallway.

Chen couldn’t find any words to thank Yuri for what she did. Of course he couldn’t. He never spoke. No one even dared to look at the window right now before descending the stars. Yesung was carrying Amber and Yong Guk couldn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter