XIV Tempérance

Red Velvet: Cursed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


 

     Temperance/Tempérance

Under these approaches, when Temperance appears, it is a warning or invitation to be prepared for a confrontation with the deepest questions of who we are, who we think we are, and who we will become

 

 

 

Chapter 14

Tempérance

 

I'm drowning.

 

 

This constant state of being alone in this godforsaken place changed. When it got to the point where I started believing I was turning mad, someone appeared in front of me. Well, not that dramatically, but how glad I was to see someone alive walking through that door. I wasn’t quite sure whether I could consider Jaejoong being alive, but he was someone I could talk to. His being didn’t scare me, but I had to remind myself that it was because of him that we were all isolated in shattered dimensions.

“I’m neither hungry nor thirsty anymore. How is that even possible? I haven’t eaten since Yoonhye died.” I tried to swallow my doubts and approached the rather demonic looking person. His black hair didn’t absorb, but reflected the light as it caressed my cheekbones.

“Hhmm~” he softly sang and took a seat on top of one of the desks. His black suit remained untouched. “I’m going to ask you something, that is the reason why I’m here. I am freed from divinity for now and interested whether you have something I want. Think carefully, because it can change your entire life. Everything is going to change after this; truth will find its way to the surface. Where will you be when it does? Drowning in terror or safe on someone else’s ship?”

I looked right into his eyes and nodded slowly. I couldn’t be prepared for his question nor had I an idea what to make of this situation, but I was glad he actually showed some interest in me; for I was utterly interested in him. I didn’t want to die in this place, I had to find a way out. If he would be my ship, I’d be happy to jump on it. I knew that he couldn’t help me, the divinity wouldn’t let him, but deep inside I held onto that one string of hope. It could break any time soon.

“Imagine a certain situation. You and your brother are at a party. Not some normal kind of party, no. It’s your wedding party. Your brother meets someone there, both of you do. You’re taken and your brother, well, he seemed to be fairly interested in this young lady.” He inhaled deeply. I had no idea where he was going with this.

“They have a great time together, although he doesn’t know who she is and why she’s even at the wedding. He presumes she is family of your new wife. Two weeks later, your wife is killed. The lady your brother met at your own wedding, she turns up at your wife’s funeral.

What happened here and why?”

 

I stayed silent for a minute and gave him my answer after. I had no idea why this story would be of such importance, but I did my best to find out. After I replied, he simply nodded at me and walked towards the door.

“So, that’s it? You just wanted an answer?” I got angry, frustrated. Was he mocking me?

He turned his head, facing me and gave me one of his signature smiles. “It’s all I need to know, Chanyeol.” Then he clapped in his hands and everyone who was still alive was once again standing in the same room as I was. He had conjoined the shattered dimension and everyone had returned but two. Amber died because she was left behind and Yesung didn’t show up either. Which was strange, because his previous actions didn’t match his card.

“What does this mean?” Yuri shouted. We were all here. All of us in the same room. Heechul, Zhou Mi, Taemin, Key, Ailee, Krystal, Zelo, Yuri, Yong Guk, Mr. Byun and Chen. Wait… Himchan wasn’t here either. “Why are we still dying? It is not according to our cards!”

Mr. Byun frowned. “Yesung was in charge of keeping Yoonhye alive. They both died.” This was a simple, yet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter