I Le Bateleur

Red Velvet: Cursed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

     Le Bateleur/The Magician:

The card can mean that a manipulator is floating around, usually if it's reversed. He may be a beneficent guide, but he does not necessarily have our best interests in mind. He may also represent the querent’s ego or self-awareness. He can also represent the intoxication of power, both good and bad.

 

 

 

 

Chapter 1

Le Bateleur

 

The sheep have no idea,

that a wolf is amongst them.
 

 

    Park Chanyeol

 

Jaejoong lifted his hand and now I could see what he was holding. A pocket watch was dangling from left to right. “One hour. Sixty minutes. Use your time wisely.” And then he left. The guy just walked out of that door and had the audacity to give us a last look.

The moment he left, the breathtaking silence turned into a huge tumult. People started screaming, whispering, slamming their desks and looking at each other with looks that could kill.

A guy, Heechul, jumped up and started to laugh with an arrogant undertone. “Sorry guys, but I don’t think I’ll be around here any longer.” he walked to the door and opened it. He could open it, something I hadn’t seen coming, but that did not mean he could actually leave the room. He was looking at a brick wall. This was madness. It seemed like the door was placed against a wall. Where did that come from?

Screams followed and Heechul, paled because of the shock, stepped back and retook his seat. “What the hell…”

Yoonhye was still crying and tried holding NoEul’s hand. This was too much for them to bear. However, I remained calm and kept my eyes glued on the teacher. It seemed like he had awoken right now and stood up.

“Listen everyone.” he said, but no one looked at him. They were too busy freaking out about Jaejoong and everything that had happened before. I have to admit that I wasn’t feeling quite well, but it was clear that everyone else was in a far worse state than me.

“Please, just calm down.” Baekhyun, the teacher, stood up and looked at the mess Jaejoong had created. This was ugly. They looked like wild animals that were being hunted at.

“That bastard!” one scream transcended the others and overpowered everyone. The voice was so loud, I had to cover my ears. A smash followed and the vase was broken once again. Yong Guk had thrown it against the blackboard and it was now fallen to pieces.

The class turned silent. Everyone knew he was talking about Xiumin.

The teacher took this moment as his only chance to reason with us. “We have fifty five minutes to cast a vote. You must understand that cooperating and listening to each other is crucial at a time like this. We won’t waste any more, understood? This is real. This is our new reality. Please take this seriously.”

This was the first time I could actually see some form of dominance coming from him. His eyes were firm when he walked to the blackboard. He wrote two things on it.  

1. Outlive the curse.

2. Escape.

Baekhyuk turned around and nodded. “I want absolute silence. You will all have a chance to vote and actually justify your own opinion. One by one. If things get out of hand…” he looked at the shards of the broken vase and shivered. “If that happens, you’re all on your own.”

 

1. Outlive the curse. IIII

2. Escape. III

It was strange listening to their crap. How they all thought that what they had chosen, was the right thing to do. It’s funny because it was really funny how easy it was to guess what Jaejoong was trying to do. There was no right answer. We were going to die either way.

The ‘outlivers’ were Taemin, Key, Mr Byun himself, Krystal and Kahi. The ‘escapers’ were Ailee, Kyungsoo and Heechul. I didn’t really listen to what they had to say about their choice, but now things got a bit more interesting.

“Okay, so Himchan, you vote for Escape?” Baekhyun took a better crayon in his hand and looked at the guy. He seemed a bit strange, nervous. But not the nervous as the others were, no, something else.

“Yes.” he simply said and laid his head back down on his desk. He was exhausted. But from doing what?

“Next. Zelo! What’s your choice? Remember, if you want to escape, someone, including yourself, has a 5% chance of dying.”

Zelo was perplex, almost catatonic. His trembling fingers rested on his expensive camera as he bit on his lip. “I-I…”

“Time is ticking you idiot!” Yuri yelled and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter