X La Roue de Fortune

Red Velvet: Cursed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

     Wheel of Fortune/La Roue de Fortune

The Wheel of Fortune tells you that in general, it looks as though things are changing.

Round and round she goes, where she stops, nobody knows!

 

 

 

Chapter 10

L'Ermit

 

How pathetic.

 

Heechul and Zhou Mi. My heart stopped beating. I couldn’t move anymore. I’d always known that these two guys were the two most influential people of our class. They couldn’t be trusted yet they had everything in control. If something went on without them being there or knowing; you better ran for it.

Now we were here, steps away from them finding out our position. Yong Guk was the fast one and wanted to proceed, start a fight- but Yuri grabbed his arm and pulled him back. “Stop,” her voice turned into a dark whisper. She hastily looked around and saw that on the left side of the tunnel a door was looking at us.

Without even thinking, we rushed into the room and closed it. I quickly grabbed a chair and placed it in front of the wooden door. When I turned back around, I stared into four scared and exhausted eyes. I didn’t know what they expected me to do, but I had no clue how to handle this particular situation. The only thing my brain could fabricate right now was something illogic.

“Something is wrong”, I stated and looked at Yuri. “You guys are forgetting something rather important.” I couldn’t believe I hadn’t thought of that before. I didn’t even know what it meant. “I thought Zhou Mi wandered off on his own? Remember? When Henry-”

“I remember,” Yuri sneered, as if she didn’t want to be remembered of what happened to Henry. “Maybe he chickened out and went back to the others?”

“Maybe Heechul tagged along? We all know how selfish he is.” Yong Guk groaned. “Let’s just wait for them to walk by and get the out of here."

“But, maybe there is something inside this room? I don’t know what we’re looking for, so let’s just check everything.” Yuri tossed her hair back and sighed deeply. This was like looking for a needle in a haystack. It could be anything. The strange part of it all, was that I knew to whom this room belonged.

I never thought that Jaejoong actually was some kind of human being. He called himself an antagonist to everyone he met during his travels through various connected and disconnected universes. I couldn’t imagine him sleeping in a bed or sitting at a table- but this room had his aura hanging over it. I knew it belonged to him.

“There is nothing expect for this strange thing,” Yong Guk pointed at a small table and frowned. He never stopped keeping his hoarse voice down, because we could get caught any time.

“That’s a dollhouse, you idiot!” Yuri rushed over to him and softly smiled. “I guess guys don’t play with this stuff when they’re kids.” A strange sensation went through my body as I approached the thing. Why would Jaejoong keep a miniature dollhouse in this room? “Look,” Yuri whispered. “It has little dolls in it.” She put her finger through the window and poked one of them.

They all had different colors. There was a pink, yellow, red, blue, gray and black one. Maybe even more, but I couldn’t look into it, because Yong Guk blocked the view with his massive head.

“What is this thing doing here? It seems so irrelevant. Look! There are two dolls standing on top of the roof. How strange.” She was right. On top of its roof, there were two dolls. The yellow one I mentioned before and something that looked a bit out of place. It had no face.

I lifted my arm and wanted to touch the strange doll, but Yong Guk pushed me and the thing fell from the roof, right on the table. Yuri shrieked and stepped back. A cold shiver raced down my spine and I knew Yong Guk felt the same way. The doll didn’t move, of cours

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter