7

The Hunt

“Do it right!” Seohyun ordered.

I sighed and got back down to push up position.

“Now…Down..” Seohyun commanded.

I bent my arms slightly.

“Yah! How many times do I have to tell you do it right!” Seohyun yelled.

“Obviously not enough.” I thought to myself.

“Hey! I heard that!” Seohyun said.

I sat and looked up at Seohyun. “Can we PLEASE take a break? We have been going at this for several hours.”

She stared at him and sighed.

 “Fine. I’ll go get you some water.”

Seohyun turned and walked out of the gymnasium.

I let out a sigh of relief and lay on the mat. For the past couple months, Seohyun had been forcing me to build stamina and learn self-defense. We hadn’t worked on my power. Every time I tried to ask, she avoided it by changing the subject. It’s kind of frustrating. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I wondered when Mr. Seo would assign a mission to me again. I took another deep breath.

“Hey.” A voice whispered into my ear.

I shot up immediately. I looked to my right. I found Seohyun crouching next to me, with 2 water bottles in hand.

“Here.” She handed me a water bottle.

“Thanks.” I said as I took it.

“Enjoy your rest?” She asked.

I nodded as I twisted off the cap and drank the water.

“I think it’s time we start working on your power.” Seohyun said.

I literally choked on the water. “What?! Are you serious?! FINALLY!”

“But..” She started.

Oh god…There was a BUT.

“We’ll start after we go on our new mission.” Seohyun finished her sentence.

My heart leaped for joy. Finally! No more boring stuff!

“Come on.” She held out her hand.

I gladly took it and pulled myself up. Over the past couple of months, little by little, Seohyun had started to act nicer, probably because she was being forced to by her grandfather’s orders.

“First, you need to take a shower. You smell horrid.” She said.

I laughed awkwardly and looked away.

“Well, I’m going to grandfather, to get more information.” She turned to walk away.

I grabbed her hand. “Wait..”

She turned around. “What?”

“Umm…”

She stared at me with a questioning look.

“Nevermind.” I let go of her hand.

She shrugged and walked away.

I sighed and thought to myself. “Wow..Way to make a fool of yourself, Yonghwa.”

I headed to my apartment to take a shower.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Your mission is to watch out for this man. His plot is aiming to steal the life forces of the party attendees. You must capture and take care of him before he puts his plan into action.” Mr. Seo said as pushed a photo across the table.

Seohyun took the photo and began to study it. A horrible memory flashed inside her mind. Seohyun gripped the photo tighter.

“I understand. I will bring him down no matter what it takes." Seohyun said with vengence.

“Good. You may leave. I expect great results.” Mr. Seo said.

Seohyun turned to leave.

“Wait. One more thing.” Mr. Seo called out after her.

“Yes?” She asked.

“Good job with Yonghwa. He has made great progress in such little time. It’s all thanks to you.” Mr. Seo complimented.

“He still has much to improve on, but indeed, he has made great progress.” She bowed once again and walked away.

When she shut the door, Mr. Seo let out a laugh. “He’s been a great influence on you..That Yonghwa.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Knock. Knock. Someone knocked at my door.

I walked over to the door and opened it.

“Here.” A tuxedo was thrown my way.

“We’re going to another party. Get dressed quickly. Changmin will be out here, waiting. I have to go get ready.” Seohyun informed me as she closed the door.

Changmin? GREAT! Just GREAT! I hadn’t seen him since the kiss incident. This was going to be so awkward. I face palmed myself and sighed.

I got dressed quickly, adjusted my hair and tie, and opened up my front door, to find Changmin leaning against the left, waiting for me.

“Ready?” He opened his eyes and stared at me, waiting for a reply.

“Y-Yes..” I stuttered as I stared into his stone cold, empty eyes.

“Let’s go.” He ordered and began to walk.

 We walked in silence until we reached the girl’s dormitory. We stopped outside Seohyun’s door. Before I could knock, the door opened and there stood Seohyun.

selena.jpg

Note: This is the dress she is wearing.

My jaw practically dropped when I saw her.

“Ready?” Seohyun asked as she stepped out of her apartment.

I nodded, my jaw still hanging.

She looked towards Changmin. “Open the portal.”

Changmin nodded and opened a portal. He stepped in and held out his hand for Seohyun. She took it and climbed into the portal. She turned around and offered a hand for me. I took it and climbed into the portal as well. We all walked until we reach the end, where we would enter the human world. We exited the portal and stepped out onto a green lawn.

“Where are we?” I asked.

“Behind the place where the party is being held.” Seohyun replied.

“Party? Oh. Yeah..”

“Now, we are to monitor it and look out for this man. If any of us comes in contact with him, no matter what, do NOT act alone.” She handed me a picture of a man.

Changmin nodded and held out his arm to Seohyun. She took it immediately and looked back at me.

“We are going to go in at different times to avoid any suspicion. In your right jacket pocket there is an invitation. See you inside.” Seohyun said as she and Changmin walked ahead.

She stopped suddenly and turned around. “Oh. Be careful since you're by yourself.. I have a feeling something interesting will happen tonight.” She informed me eerily.

Oh, yes indeed. Something VERY interesting would occur that night.