9

The Hunt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MyjYdMkVU4

Seohyun dropped Kyuhyun’s unconscious body on the couch.

‘Nothing. Absolutely nothing.’ 

She made her way to the door and opened it. As she exited the room, she closed the door behind her. Seohyun closed her eyes and heaved a sigh.

 “You would think that the host of the party would know about the people on his guest list.” Seohyun spoke aloud.

She rested her head against the door. After a couple of seconds, she stood up straight.

“I guess I’ll get back to the party.”

 Seohyun began to make her way down the long hallway when the lights flashed off then back on. She stopped her stride. She felt a vile presence; one of which was full of hate and malevolence.

Seohyun adjusted her stance to a fighting position, reaching for a knife hidden underneath her dress.

“Show yourself.” Seohyun commanded.

The lights went off again and a poisonous giggle sounded through the hallway. Seohyun quickly pulled out her knife and swiftly swung it. She was met with the swoosh of an empty space.

“So close.” A male voice laughed.

The voice sounded eerily familiar. It sent chills up and down Seohyun’s spine.

The lights flickered back on. Seohyun’s eyes adjusted to the lighting. The presence was still there.

“My my my..how you’ve grown, my dear Joohyun.” The male voice said.

Seohyun turned around immediately. She dropped her knife when she saw who stood before her.

 “It’s you..” Seohyun exclaimed as she clenched her fists and glared at the man.

“Yes…look at me…with those beautiful red eyes.” The familiar figure smiled before her.

Seohyun stood there wordlessly, glaring at him with animosity.

The man took a step forward, grinning evilly. “I’ve come to take you..like I should’ve done back then.”

“Don’t you come near me.  I’ll rip your throat out.” Seohyun threatened.

“Oh really? Would you like to try?” The man stifled a laughed and lunged forward towards Seohyun.

In the blink of an eye, the two were fighting each other, at a speed in which no human could.

 Seohyun paused for a moment and sent a mental message to her teammates. ‘The man appeared. We are fighting on the west side of the building.’

‘On my way.’ Changmin’s voice echoed throughout her head.

‘Wait..where is that?’ Yonghwa questioned.

The man slammed Seohyun into the wall and held her there with immense strength. The dry wall began to crumble. Seohyun pushed him off and sent him flying down the hallway, where he landed against the door with a loud thud. Then she darted towards him with her fist ready. Before he could even get up, Seohyun pounced on him, sending him flying outside, where he slammed into the building next door. She sprinted outside to him and pounded the man further into the brick wall.

“My my..You’ve turned out to be quite feisty. It excites me a bit.” The man smiled. He flipped Seohyun and slammed her into the wall. “Guess that means I’ll have to teach you some manners.”

Seohyun spat at the man and glared at him. “You’re despicable.”

The man wiped Seohyun’s saliva from his face and his hand clean. He closed his eyes and showed his delight. “Your body fluids are just like your looks..delicious.”

Seohyun stared at him in shock. “You’re the most disgusting creature on this planet.”

The man leaned in and breathed in Seohyun’s scent. “And you’re the most beautiful creature that I’ve ever come across in my entire existence.”

Seohyun pushed the man off of her and was about to punch him when he caught her by the wrist and threw her against the wall once again.

“Oh..how I would love to indulge in you.” The man Seohyun’s neck. She attempted to heave the man off of her but his force was too much. Then she felt her skin get pierced. Seohyun in her breath.

“Seohyun!” Yonghwa’s voice shouted.

Seohyun then found strength. She pushed the man off of her and threw a punch at him which sent his body flying against the opposite building. Seohyun clutched her neck, feeling the warmth of her blood. Yonghwa finally reached Seohyun.

“Are you okay? Didn’t you tell us to not fight alone? What happened to the plan?” Yonghwa questioned.

Seohyun didn’t respond to him. Her vision was getting fuzzy. She took a few steps forward, staggered a bit, fell to her knees, then the ground.

“Seohyun? Seohyun!” Yonghwa ran to her side. He held her up and shook her a bit. “Wake up!” Panic began to fill Yonghwa’s body.

A man walked towards the slowly, brushing dust off of his clothes.

“Seems the venom was perfect.” The man smiled evilly and began to walk towards Yonghwa and unconscious Seohyun. “Now, I can take Joohyun without any interruptions.”

Yonghwa stared at the man with fear. His grip on Seohyun tightened. “You’re not taking her anywhere.”

“Oh really? Watch me.” The man laughed a bit.

Before Yonghwa knew it, the man was lunging towards him with full force.