6

The Hunt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MyjYdMkVU4

 

I was surrounded by darkness, enveloped by it. It welcomed me as part of its family. But there was a point during my life where darkness didn’t exist. It was when my best friend was alive. We were each other’s saviors. We were the best of friends. We were sisters.

“Unnie..We’ll be together forever, right?” I asked.

“Of course. Who else will protect you?” Yoona said, smiling at me gently.

“I will get strong and protect you too. It’s a promise. Right?”

Yoona giggled, nodded, and held out her pinky.

We swore. We had sworn we would be together. We swore we’d protect each other. It didn’t go as planned.

“Umma..Appa..I’m home.” I called out. I had just gotten home from a long day at school.

But I was met with silence.

“Hello?” I called out once again.

The silence was eerie.

“Seohyun.” A male’s voice called out.

It sent chills up and down my spine.

“Wh-who is there?” I questioned as stuttered.

I heard footsteps to my left. No, to my right.

Giggling. Giggling echoed throughout the entire room.

Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap. My left arm. My right leg.

I screamed and began to run. Then I tumbled. I fell hard and skidded across the floor. Then the lights .

I covered my mouth to conceal my gasp. Tears began to stream down my face.

 Blood. There was blood everywhere. On the wall. On the floor. On me.

 Mom. Dad. Oh my god.

The bodies of my parents lay still, lifeless.

I crawled to mom and grabbed her hand. It was cold.

“Mom! Mom! Wake up, mom! Please! Mom!” I cried as I shook her.

“Doing that won’t help.” A male’s voice said behind me.

I looked up to find a man towering over me.

“Wh-who are you?” I questioned.

“I’m here for you.” The man smiled evilly.

“W-why?” I asked, my voice wavering.

He took a step forward and held out his hand.

“Come with me and I will tell.” He said.

I looked down at my mother. My vision was blurred with more tears.

“Come on.” He ushered.

I glanced back up and stared at his hand. Something inside of me kept urging me to take the stranger’s hand.  I looked back down at my mother. My grip on her tightened.

“Come on, Seohyun.” He held his hand out farther, ushering me to take it.

I looked back up at the stranger.

“Take it...TAKE IT!” A voice inside me, echoed.

My body moved on its own. I began to reach for his hand.

“SEOHYUN! DON’T!” My sister yelled.

I snapped out of the trance and looked to where my sister’s voice was. She stood in the doorway, out of breath.

“Seohyun. Don’t take his hand. He is evil. Come to me.” My sister ordered. She held out her arms.

“Don’t listen to her.” The voice inside of me commanded.

I looked up at the man. Was it his voice?

“Seohyun. Take my hand.” The man began to get impatient.

“SEOHYUN! Do NOT take his hand!” My sister yelled.

I ignored my sister and reached for the stranger’s hand. As our hands touched, I felt a gust of hot wind blow us away from each other. The man blew back into the huge grandfather clock while as I headed for the wall. I was in my sister’s arms before I could impact the wall.

“Unnie..” I said as she held me.

 She stared down at me and smiled. “Don’t worry. I’ll protect you.”

Protect me? How? From what? The man? Why did I need protection?

“Oh..How cute. Family bonding without the parents.” The man teased.

Yoona looked at the man, with threatening eyes. “Shut up.” She ordered.

“Ooo! I’m so scared of a 15 year old girl!” The man taunted.

“SHUT THE **** UP!” Yoona screamed.

Hot air blasted everywhere. I shielded myself, trying to protect myself from the flying debris. After a few seconds, the room cooled and I opened my eyes. I looked to find my sister out of breath and the man still standing.

"Is that all you have?" The man asked.

"I won't let you lay a single finger on her." Yoona growled.

The man laughed. "I have no use for you so get out of my way, you mutt."

With one swift movement, Yoona flew into the wall with lightening speed.

"Yah! What do you think you're doing, mister?!" I shrieked.

I got to my feet and began to rush over to my sister. Within the blink of an eye, two men stood in my way.

"No you don't, kid." Said one of the men.

The other held me back and forced me to watch the leader picked up my sister.

I knew what he was going to do.

"No!! Nooo!!" I screamed.

Then I out, not knowing what was going to happen to me or my sister.

The last thing I remember is a voice, his voice.

 

I shot up, drenched with sweat and breathing heavily. It was that memory again. Well, at least a memory turned into a dream. I curled up and closed my eyes, trying to breathe slowly, to calm myself down. But I couldn't. I just couldn't. That man's voice echoed in my head.

 

 

 

 

 

It will be you next time..