3

The Hunt

"Here." Seohyun tossed a pair of keys to Yonghwa. Yonghwa reached out to catch them but he missed. The keys landed on the floor with a light thud. He bent down to pick them up.

Seohyun snorted at Yonghwa's clumsiness. She folded her arms and muttered to herself. "I can't believe I'm stuck with this idiot."

Yonghwa looked up. "Did you say something?"

Seohyun ignored the question and ushered toward to a door. "This is your housing for the time being. I'll come and get you later for training."

Yonghwa just stared at her, dumbfounded. What was this girl’s problem? He didn’t do anything wrong. What a total .

When Seohyun was out of sight, Yonghwa unlocked the door to his housing unit and flipped on the light. As soon as he saw the inside, his mouth hung wide open in awe.

Several hours later

Yonghwa laid on his bed, staring up at the ceiling. His stomach growled again for the nth time in a row. He sighed. He hadn't eaten since yesterday. His stomach once again growled. Yonghwa sat up. "I wonder if they have food around here." Yonghwa thought to himself. He got to his feet, slipped on his shoes, grabbed his apartment key, and went in search of food.

He wandered through the hallways, not meeting a single person. It was as if it was a ghost town. Then it happened. Yonghwa finally spotted someone. He immediately jogged over to them and said, "Excuse me! Excuse me!"

Hearing a man's voice, the girl turned around and immediately froze. Yonghwa caught up with the girl, breathless.

"Can you tell me where I can get something to eat around here?" He panted.

The girl said nothing. Yonghwa caught his breath and glanced up to see why the girl wasn't answering. As soon as he saw her, coldness spread throughout his body. He was frozen in his place.

The girl her lips and spoke in a seductive voice. "Oh look, a snack." Her eyes changed into a red shade. She began to raise her hand, to take her prey, but she was interrupted.

"What do you think you're doing?" A demanding female voice boomed.

The girl turned from Yonghwa's gaze to see who was speaking. She immediately froze in terror. Yonghwa glanced up as well. He found a pair of blue glowing eyes glaring at the girl.

"I asked you a question." Seohyun said.

The girl began to tremble with fear. She reluctantly opened to speak. "I...I w-was thirsty..."

"It's against the rules to feast on the premises." Seohyun informed, her eyes glowing even brighter.

"P-Please f-forgive me." The girl bowed, shaking.

"If I catch you again, I'll rip your head off. Now, disappear from my sight!"

The girl took off running. When she was out of sight, Seohyun turned her attention to me. Her eyes had changed back to normal.

"What did I tell you before? I said I would come and get you when it was time for training." Seohyun raised her voice.

"I..." Yonghwa trailed off.

"You what?" Seohyun questioned, raising her brow.

"I got h-hungry." Yonghwa responded.

Seohyun sighed. “Follow me.” She began to walk.

“Where are we going?” Yonghwa asked, trying to keep up with Seohyun’s long strides.

“The cafeteria.” Seohyun replied, picking up her speed.

Yonghwa his lips and thanked God silently in his head. After a couple of minutes passed, the two arrived to the cafeteria, to which was packed full of people (creatures). As soon as they walked in, the conversations abruptly stopped. All eyes landed on Seohyun. They were filled with fear. Then Seohyun stopped walking and turned around.

“Go order what you want. They have human food here.” Seohyun’s voice echoed throughout Yonghwa’s head.

Yonghwa nodded in response and walked over to order some food. After a few minutes, he walked back to Seohyun with his ramen and water.

“Okay, what now?” Yonghwa asked, taking a seat next to Seohyun.

“Eat and we’ll begin training.” Seohyun informed.

Yonghwa finished his meal, dropped off the tray, and followed Seohyun back to his room.

“Hurry up and change. I just want to get your training over with.” Seohyun crossed her arms.

“I don’t have any clothes besides the ones on my body.” Yonghwa replied, glancing down at himself.

Seohyun sighed. “Grandfather had me get your clothes from your old home. They’re in your closet. Now, go get changed.”

Yonghwa nodded and walked into his apartment, shutting the door behind him. He stopped walking and paused for a moment. Why wasn’t Seohyun glaring at him like we had when they first met? Was it because of her grandfather? Why had he even been brought here? He was the only human around and everyone stared at him all weird. Why was he even here in the first place?

Seohyun banged on the door. “Hurry up already! It doesn’t take that long to change!”

Yonghwa sighed and walked over to the closet, changed into a muscle tee and gym shorts. He slipped on sneakers, put some deodorant on, and walked outside. Seohyun was leaning against the wall when she glanced up.

“Done?” She asked.

Yonghwa locked his apartment and nodded.

“Alright, let’s go.” Seohyun said and began to walk.

“Wait!” Yonghwa called out.

She turned around. “Oh good lord..what now?”

Yonghwa looked Seohyun up and down. “Aren’t you going to change?” She was wearing a black crop tee, short shorts, and gladiator sandals. He immediately reddened at the sight of Seohyun. She was showing too much skin.

“No. I’m not the one who is training.” Seohyun replied.

 Then she began to walk again. When they reached the gym, Seohyun stopped walking and turned to face Yonghwa.

“Did you have enough water?” She asked.

He replied with a slight nod.

“20 laps.” Seohyun said.

Yonghwa look at her, confused. “I’m sorry?”

“You heard me. Get a move on!” She ordered.

“But-“ Yonghwa was cut off.

“You just made it 50! Get a move on before I make it even more! No complaints! If you do, the number will go up even more!”

Yonghwa sighed and began to jog around the gym. Each time Yonghwa passed by Seohyun, she would count off how many laps he had left. When he finally reached his last, he tripped and tumbled to the floor from exhaustion. He tried to catch his breath but his throat was so dry. Seohyun walked over to him and bent down.

“You okay?” She asked.

She was only met with his heavy breathing.

She sighed. “I’ll get you some water.” Before she got up, Yonghwa grabbed her arm.

“Your phone..” He paused to breathe. “Is..about..to..ring..”

Sure enough, Seohyun’s phone rang.

“Yes, grandfather?” Seohyun answered.

“Have you been training him?” Her grandpa asked.

“Yes, sir. I’m trying to build up his endurance.” Seohyun replied.

“What are you doing right now?” He asked.

“Letting him take a break.” Seohyun answered.

“Get him up now. I’m sending you two on a mission.” He informed.

“What?!” Seohyun yelled. “Me with him?!”

“Yes. I sent Changmin on a mission earlier. He’s not back yet and the kid needs some experience. Meet me in my office as soon as he is done.”

“Yes, grandfather.” Seohyun hung up the phone. "I wonder how he knew my phone was going to ring." She thought to herself.

“Come on human. We have a mission to accomplish.”

Yonghwa groaned.

“Oh and that’s an extra 40 for the groan.” Seohyun said as she began to walk away.

When Yonghwa was sure Seohyun was gone, he began to tear up.

“Why me? WHY ME?!?!” He shouted.

“Yah! Hurry up!” Seohyun yelled.

Yonghwa automatically shot up and said, “Yes ma’am!”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all! I finally updated this story! I've been so busy this summer, working and doing summer homework! Hope everyone is good! Please don't forget subscribe, comment, and upvote! <3 Have a great day!