4

The Hunt

Hello my wonderful subbies! Oh and I'm sorry if there's any grammar errors. I didn't proof read. I'm too tired. *yawn* Anyways, I hope you enjoy this update! Don't forget to upvote, comment, and subscribe! Have a great day!

                -smileyskyliey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrPGuARYymo

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

“So..what kind of mission are we going to do again?” Yonghwa asked as he tugged at his collar.

Seohyun sighed and repeated what her grandfather had told her.

FLASHBACK

“This is the man who you have to look out for.” Her grandfather handed her a picture.

“Ha. Night Fire? So what is he up to now?” Seohyun asked.

“He’s been attacking human women, their blood. The lycan king asked us to take care of him. His next target is a human girl by the name of Kwon Yuri. Sources say that he will strike on her the day of her birth, when the clock strikes midnight. Be sure that this girl doesn’t die. She is the demon king’s daughter.” Grandpa Seo informed.

“Ah..Grandpa, I could go myself. I don’t need to bring Yonghwa. He won’t be any help.” Seohyun said. She honestly didn’t want to bring a dead weight with her. He would only be holding her back.

“No. He is going with you. He needs experience and you’re going to give it to him. Just make sure he comes back in one piece.” Her grandpa commanded.

“Yes, grandfather.” Seohyun bowed and turned to leave. As she opened up the door, her grandfather said one more thing.

“Try not to frighten Yonghwa too much. It IS his first mission after all.”

“I’ll try not to.” Seohyun bowed once again, turned, and left.

BACK TO PRESENT

“So basically we’re here to put an end to his killing spree?” Yonghwa asked.

“Yes. And his next target, Yuri, is the daughter of the demon king, my grandfather’s dear old friend.” Seohyun said.

“Does Yuri know about being half demon?” Yonghwa questioned.

“That is none of our business. We are here to protect her and defeat Night Fire.” Seohyun said.

Yonghwa glanced at his hand watch. It read 11:01 p.m. “We still have an hour left. What do we do in the meantime?”

Seohyun began to get irritated. “I don’t know.”

“What are you going to do in the meantime?” Yonghwa asked.

Seohyun’s patience at reached its limit. “I don’t know! How about you go and mingle with your kind! Just leave me alone!”

Yonghwa was stunned. “I-I..”

Seohyun turned around and walked away, leaving him alone.

Yonghwa sighed in defeat and thought to himself. “What is her problem?”

30 minutes into the party…

Yuri, the birthday girl, had already shown up and was greeting her guests. Yonghwa had immersed himself into crowd of people, laughing and talking with his kind. Every so often, he would scan through the crowd, looking for Seohyun. She was nowhere in sight. As Yonghwa talked with people, he felt a tap on his shoulder. His heart leaped, hoping that it’d be Seohyun. He felt alone at the party. But when he turned around, he found Kwon Yuri standing before him.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I thought you were my cousin. You look so similar from behind.” Yuri apologized.

“Oh no. It’s alright. I guess I must be handsome both front and back.” Yonghwa laughed.

Yuri giggled. “I don’t think I’ve ever met you. What’s your name, mister?”

“Yonghwa. Jung Yonghwa.” He held out his hand.

“Kwon Yuri.” She shook his hand.

“So, since I don’t know you, you must be one of my father’s clients. You’re awfully young.” Yuri said.

“Unfortunately, I’m not. I’m here with a friend, who is here on business and asked me accompany her. So in short, I’m her date.” Yonghwa smiled.

“Oh, I see. What a disappointment. Who’s your date?” Yuri asked.

“Seo Joo Hyun.” Yonghwa said.

“OH! She’s the granddaughter of Seo Company’s founder, right?!”

This was news to Yonghwa. He didn’t know Mr. Seo and Seohyun had connections in the human world.

“Umm…Yeah..that’s right.” Yonghwa replied.

“Do you know where she’s at? I would love to meet her!” Yuri exclaimed, her eyes smiling with excitement.

“I honestly have no idea. She kinda left me. I guess she had business to take care of.”

“Oh..Well, that’s a shame. Maybe if I go look around, I’ll find her. It was nice meeting you, Yonghwa-ssi.”

“It was pleasure to meet you as well. Oh and happy birthday.” Yonghwa said.

Yuri smiled brightly. “Thank you and enjoy the party.”

“Oh, I am.” Yonghwa raised his glass of champagne.

Yuri laughed, waved, and left.

Yonghwa sighed and looked at his watch once again. It read 11:50. “Ugh..Where are you, Seohyun?! It’s almost time.” Yonghwa thought to himself.

Meanwhile…

There was a light breeze in the air. It was refreshing. Seohyun felt at peace. For the last 30 minutes, she had been on the rooftop of the venue, meditating and calming her thirst. It had been several weeks since she had blood and the full moon wasn’t doing her any good. As she meditated, the wind picked up, causing her to open her eyes. It was time for action. She paused for a moment as she got up. She closed her eyes and searched for Night Fire and his victim.

“Please! Please let me go! Someone! Anybody! Help me!” Yuri cried for help.

Night Fire held Yuri against a wall. “That’s it. Scream for help. It only makes me more excited.”

“Ah!” Yuri screamed louder. She struggled against Night Fire.

Night Fire’s grip on Yuri tightened. “Don’t worry. You won’t feel anything. I promise.”

“Let go of me, you freak! Help me! Someone!” Yuri shouted.

Night Fire laughed evilly. “Let’s just end this, shall we?”

Yuri thrashed around, trying to get away. It was useless. She was bound to meet her end.

Night Fire leaned in. Yuri squeezed her eyes closed, preparing for the worst. When he was an inch away from sinking his fangs into her neck, he stopped abruptly. When Yuri opened her eyes, she was confused. Night Fire’s attention was on something else. She turned to see what he was looking at.

There stood a goddess-like woman. She wore a long flowing purple dress. Brown curls traveled down to her waist. She looked like a normal human being except for one thing. Her eyes glowed bright blue. Then Yuri knew. She was inhuman and seemed as if she belonged to the night.

“Goddess of the Night..Why isn’t it to see you here?” Night Fire said, his lips curling into an evil smile.

“Let go of the girl, Night Fire.” The woman ordered.

“Why should I? I’m allowed to feed on whomever I want.” Night Fire replied, teasing the woman.

“Don’t make me do it, Night Fire.” The woman threatened.

“Oo!  I’m so scared!” Night Fire teased.

The woman took several steps forward, getting closer to them.

“Let her go.” She commanded once more.

“What if my answer is no? What are you going to do, Goddess?” Night Fire asked as he dug his nails into Yuri. She cried out in pain.

Seohyun closed her eyes and called for Yonghwa. A few moments later, he came out, clumsily hanging on the door, trying to catch himself from falling.

Night Fire let out a laugh. “You have a human as back up? Oh goodness! What happened to that pretty boy, Changmin? Kill him too?”

Seohyun balled her fists, holding in her anger. She glanced at Yonghwa. “Get the girl away from here while I distract him.”  He nodded in response.

“Come on, Goddess. You’re boring me. Where’s the hunter that everyone is scared of? You’re not as frightening as the rumors hold you to be. I’m disappointed.” Night Fire said.

“Oh don’t worry. I’m much worse than they hold me to be.” Seohyun ripped off her dress, revealing her combat wear.

Night Fire dropped Yuri, knocking her out. “Oh, maybe I should make you my next target. You’re too hard to resist. Come to me!” He spread his arms out.

Seohyun got into position. “No. You can come to me.”

Night Fire growled and dashed towards Seohyun. While the two were busy fighting, Yonghwa hurried over to Yuri, picked her up, and ran away as fast as he could. He needed to find somewhere safe. Yonghwa could hear the hissing and growling but was running as fast as his legs would take him. Then a figure appeared in front of him.

“Where do you think you’re going with my prey, you vermin?” Night Fire asked.

Seohyun had lost? Oh crap! He was in trouble now!

“Who said you could get away?” A woman voiced asked.

Night Fire glanced up to find Seohyun in a tree, smirking.

“So you were going easy on me. Do you seriously find me that petty?” Night Fire asked.

“Indeed.” She replied.

Night Fire growled at her.

 Seohyun laughed at him. “What’s the matter, little doggie?”

He growled louder and ran towards her.

Yonghwa took this advantage and dashed away.

After running and running, Yonghwa finally found a deserted park.

He laid Yuri on a bench and collapsed, trying to catch his breath. Then he fell asleep from exhaustion.

After killing Night Fire, Seohyun left his body for her backup to take  care of. She made her way towards a park, where she picked up both Yuri’s and Yonghwa’s presences. As she approached them, she could smell blood in the air. It was coming from Yuri. She examined Yuri’s arm. There were gashes in it and the bleeding hadn’t stopped.

The scent of blood was tempting her. As she raised Yuri’s arm to , Yonghwa’s snore snapped her out of her trance. Seohyun sighed and placed her hands over the wound. She concentrated all of her power. When she removed her hands, the wound was healed. She didn’t have much power left. She stood up, feeling dizzy. When the dizziness went away, she kicked Yonghwa.

“Yah! Get up.” Seohyun whispered.

Yonghwa groaned and opened up his eyes, blinking lazily. He glanced up, to find Seohyun standing before him. She looked beautiful below the moon light. She leaned down and put out her hand. Yonghwa blinked a couple of times, just to make sure that it wasn’t a dream.

“You going to take my hand or what?” Seohyun asked.

Yonghwa took her hand and got to his feet. He dusted himself off and looked at her.

“Did you take care of him?” Yonghwa asked.

“Let’s just say our backup will have cleaning up.” Seohyun replied nonchalantly.

Yonghwa shuttered a bit at the thought. Then he glanced at Yuri. “What are we going to do about her?”

“Backup is also going to take care of her. Our mission is over. We’re going to leave. Let’s go.” Seohyun said as she opened up a portal.

Yonghwa nodded and followed her in the purple tunnel. As soon as they reached headquarters, Yonghwa’s stomach growled.

Seohyun turned to him with a questioning look.

Yonghwa turned his head, turning red from embarrassment.

“Come.” Seohyun said and walked away.

“Wait up!” Yonghwa called as ran to catch up to her.

As the two of them walked, it was filled with silence.

“Why is it so quiet?” Yonghwa asked.

“Everyone is to be in bed by 12. We’re an exception because of the mission.”

“Oh, I see..So does that mean the cafeteria is closed?”

“Yes.”

Yonghwa scratched his head. “So..”

“Don’t worry. You’ll be able to eat.” Seohyun said.

The silence remained until they reached the girl’s area.

“What are we doing here?” Yonghwa asked, confused.

“I have some human food that you can have.” Seohyun said as she unlocked the door and pushed it opened.

Seohyun flipped on the light and held open the door. “Come in.”

Yonghwa stepped into the apartment. Her apartment was way different than he thought it would be. It was nice and simple.

Black-Loft-Apartment-at-Modern-Living-Ro

Black-Bedroom-as-black-and-gold-bedroom-

outstanding-Black-and-white-kitchen-desi

Seohyun walked over into the kitchen.

 “There’s nothing but ramen. It’s in the top right cabinet. There’s a pot in the bottom left cabinet. I’m going to go take a shower.”

Before Yonghwa could reply, Seohyun was already gone. Yonghwa shrugged and got to work.

----------------------------------

Seohyun’s breathing started to get heavier. She was struggling to suppress her thirst. Having Yonghwa around wasn’t helping her any. She had run out of blood packs the day before. She had been too busy to go get anymore. Her fangs were aching. was burning. Seohyun turned off the shower, wrapped herself in a towel, and began to get out of the shower. The burning was too unbearable. She collapsed against the wall, breathing heavily. It hurt so badly. She gripped onto her bathroom rug and cried out in pain.

----------------------------------

As Yonghwa cooked his ramen, he heard a bang come from Seohyun’s room. He rushed over and pounded on her door.

“Hey, are you okay?” Yonghwa yelled.

There was no response.

“I’m coming in!” Yonghwa said as he turned the door knob.

“No! Stay out! I’m fine!” Seohyun shouted. Her voice was hoarse and full of pain.

Yonghwa threw open the door to find Seohyun against the shower, gripping . Her face was full of anguish. Yonghwa rushed to her side.

“Are you okay? What happened?” Yonghwa asked.

“Get..out..now..” Seohyun ordered in between her heavy breathing.

Yonghwa glanced down at her hand.

“A-Are you th-thirsty..?” Yonghwa questioned.

“Yonghwa..Get out..Before I hurt you..” Seohyun commanded.

“No. You’re in pain.” Yonghwa said as he began to his shirt.

Seohyun grabbed his wrist. “Stop. I don’t need your help.”

“You need to stop relying on just yourself. Though I’m a human, I can be helpful too.”

Seohyun opened her eyes and glanced at Yonghwa. He looked sincere. She knew he wouldn’t budge. Humans were stubborn creatures.

Seohyun let go of Yonghwa’s wrist. Yonghwa proceeded to his shirt. When he got the halfway point, he spoke. “Here.”

His response was Seohyun’s heavy breathing. Yonghwa took her arms, slung them around his neck, and hoisted her up by the waist. “Here.”

Seohyun gripped Yonghwa’s shirt and hair and sniffed his neck. He closed his eyes, waiting for the pain. She then it and bit. With each gulp, Yonghwa’s memories, thoughts, and feelings filled her mind.  Gradually, the unbearable burning sensation went away. With her thirst gone, Seohyun pulled away.

“Are you okay?” Seohyun asked.

Yonghwa did not answer. She turned to look at him. He was staring intensely at her. She waved her hand in front of his face. He stretched his hand out and her cheek.

“What’s the matter?” Seohyun questioned.

He grabbed hold of her face and moved towards her.

“What are you doing?” Seohyun asked once more as she moved away.

Without warning, Yonghwa pressed their lips together..

“Seohyun?” A male voice questioned.

Seohyun pushed Yonghwa off of her and looked towards the direction the voice came from.

“Changmin?”