2

The Hunt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnBYWI8pxmU

 

“It’s Seohyun.”

“She’s so scary.”

“Don’t look her in the eyes. She’ll turn you into stone like Medusa.”

Whispers filled the halls of SM Society building. It was an unchanging event. Everyone was wary of Seohyun. They were terrified of her because of her reputation. But she didn’t care. Seohyun liked it that way. After THE incident, she tried avoid confrontation unless it was a part of a mission and Changmin, her partner. As Seohyun made her way down the hallway, she heard pounding footsteps coming after her. She turned around to find a co worker before her.

“Seohyun, Soo Man is looking for you. There’s another mission for you.” A co-worker informed.

“Ah. Okay. Thanks.” Seohyun said.

She then began to head down to Soo Man’s office. When she approached the office, she knocked lightly.

“Come in,” commanded a stern voice.

As Seohyun entered the room, she bowed in respect to her grandfather. Seohyun may have turned into a cold person but she was still respectful to her elders. When she looked back at up, he spoke.

“Take a seat.” He ushered to the chair in front of his desk.

“Ah..yes.” Seohyun sat down quickly. “Grandfather, why have you called me in?”

Her grandfather leaned back into his chair and stared at her with a serious face. “I called you in to assign you a new mission. A very important mission.”

Seohyun’s ears perked up. “An important mission?” She questioned as she leaned in.

“Yes, extremely important. Seohyun.” He paused for a moment. “I’m going to entrust something very important to you. Okay?” Seohyun nodded.

“Okay. Your mission to train someone.” Soo Man said.

Seohyun scoffed at the thought. “Train someone? Grandfather, please. Have someone else do it. I don’t have time for such activities.”

“Time? Oh, I can give you time. If that’s what will get you to accept the mission, then fine. You are only allowed to have one mission per week.” Her grandfather smiled slyly.

“Grandfather! Please don’t do that!” Seohyun complained.

Soo Man leaned in. “Then accept the mission.”

Seohyun glared at her grandfather. “If I accept this mission that means you won’t cut my other missions, right?”

“Yes, as long as you accept it. But remember you also have to make time for his training.” Soo Man said.

“Fine. I’ll accept it. And him?” Seohyun asked.

“Yes, he is a male. I hope that won’t prevent you from going all out. Oh and also, he’s a human.”

Seohyun got to her feet. “A human?! You want me to train a measly human?! No! Forget it! You can deduct my missions! You know I can’t stand humans!”

“Do not raise your voice. Sit back down.” Her grandfather commanded sternly.

Seohyun sat down quickly. “Sorry, grandfather.”

He cleared his throat. “Anyways, yes, it is a male human. I want you to be kind to this human despite what happened to Yoona.”

Seohyun’s heart began to ache. Her best friend. She missed her smiles. Her bright twinkling eyes. Her happy laugh.  She missed Yoona so much.

“Grandfather, please do not speak of her again. You know how much I miss her.” Seohyun said.

“Oh, sorry. Anyways, let me call the human in. I just want to let you know he has abnormal powers, like you. And don’t forget to teach him things I taught you.” Soo Man smiled.

“Yes, grandfather.” Seohyun bowed her head.

“Let me call him in.” Soo Man pressed a button as he spoke. “ Send him. We’re ready.”

A few minutes later, Seohyun’s senses picked up a smell and a fast heartbeat, along with others carrying him. Seohyun’s nose wrinkled in disgust. The door was faintly tapped on.

“Be nice to him. Make him feel welcomed.” Soo Man spoke into Seohyun’s mind. She nodded in response.

“Come in.” Soo Man’s voice boomed.

The door opened and in stumbled a male human.  

“YAH!” The human yelled at his handlers.

“You may leave.” Soo Man told the handlers. They bowed and left, shutting the door behind them.

“Yah! Old man! What the hell are people?! Why did you kidnap me?! You freaks!” The human yelled.

Seohyun didn’t bother to look at the human. She just stared at her grandfather, waiting for him to command her.

“Tell him to be quiet.” A voice echoed in her head. Seohyun nodded her head and concentrated. When she gathered enough power, she projected her voice into the human’s mind. ‘Quiet, mortal!’

The human then stopped yelling. “W-What..The..HELL?!?! Who are you people?!?!” He began to shout once more.

Seohyun massaged her temples in annoyance. ’Grandfather, May I?’ She asked.

‘Do it but don’t frighten him too much.’ Her grandfather stifled a mental laugh.

After being granted permission, Seohyun turned around to glare at the human. When the human made eye contact, he froze instantly.

HUMAN POV

The woman glared at me with piercing eyes. Her eyes gleamed silver. Chocolate brown cascaded in curls down her back. She was beautiful. Hauntingly beautiful.  As I stared back, it felt as if I was in a trance. Was she hypnotizing me?

‘Be calm, human. We will not harm you. Just sit down and speak like a tranquil creature.’ A soothing woman’s voice commanded softly. Was it the woman’s voice? I didn’t get a moment to think about. My body, without my permission, sat in the seat next to her. When she looked away, I had control of my body once again.

“Woah..That’s freaky. How’d you do that?” I asked, interested.

Before she could answer, a throat cleared. I looked to where the sound had come from, in front of me. The old man smiled at me. It gave me the creeps.

“Um…” I began.

“Jung Yonghwa. I know your name.” The old man interrupted me.

“Eh? How do you know my name?” I asked, puzzled.

“I’ve been watching you carefully, Yonghwa.” He said.

I was frozen. “Uh..Watching me how?” Like in the bathroom? Oh god!

“I know how you saved those children from the fire. It was with your power, wasn’t it?” The old man continued.

This was getting freakier by the second. How did this old man know so much about me?  Why was I even here?

“You’re here because of your power. We need a recruit like you.” The old man said.

“Y-You c-can read m-minds?”  I gasped.

The old man stifled a hardy laugh. “Yes, my boy. It is a simple power that can be easily learned, even by mere humans.”

“I could learn to do that?” I asked.

The old man simply nodded.

“So..who and what exactly are you guys? A secret government agency?” I asked.

The man shook his head. “No, we’re definitely not part of the government because we’re our own government.”

“You didn’t answer what you guys are..Are you even human?”  I questioned.

“No, we’re not human.” A female voice said beside me.  When I turned to look, the beautiful woman stared at me with distrustful eyes.

“Then what are you guys if you’re not human?”

“You’ll know soon enough.” Her lips curled into a sly smile.

“Seohyun-ah, just show him already. You guys are dismissed.” The old man ordered.

Seohyun? Was that her name? It was beautiful name for a beautiful girl.

Seohyun stood abruptly. Her sudden movement gave me a scare. My heart leaped from the scare.

“Aish..Calm your heart. It’s thumping is annoying.” She said, irritated.

“I-I’m s-sorry.” I stuttered.

 “Come, Yonghwa. I’ll show you to your housing unit.”  Seohyun sighed, turned, and walked out of the room.

I turned back to the old man. “What’s her problem?”

“She’s always like that. Hopefully you get used to it because she is going to be your trainer. Just be sure not to talk back. She has a bad temper.” The old man informed.

“Ah..Yes. Wait, what? Train me? As in help me control my power?” I asked.

The man nodded. “She will also be a friend to you, hopefully. That’s reason I brought you here. So those humans don’t cut you open. We could use someone like you around here. Sorry, for the way those men handled you. You might want to get going. Oh and remember, you can come here anytime for anything. I’ll be there for you even if she’s not.”

“Are you coming?” Seohyun’s head poked in the door way.

“Ah. Yeah. Coming.” I bowed to the old man and made my way to the woman named Seohyun.

What the hell was up with these people? And I still don’t get what they need me for. And what was wrong with that chick’s attitude? Damn..why did this have to happen to me?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello subbies! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Don't forget to comment and upvote! ^^