No Way

Because I married you

~SUZY'S POV~

"No no no no no no no no." I chanted.

I stomped on the marble floor and refused to listen to my parents' continuous blabbering.
I glared at them and frowned.

"Aigoo! This child. How could you glare at your parents like that."

Appa pretended like he was going to get a heart attack but I knew better than to get fooled by such an obvious fake.

"I won't agree to this marriage!"

Okay, so they want to marry me off to some random stranger to some god-knows-where place.
I'm definitely objecting! This is so ridiculous. I understand the need for allies but do they have to sacrafice me?!
Give the kingdom more riches, like jewels or land, anything BUT me!!

"Dear daughter, listen to your parents-" umma reached out to my cheek.

"Hmph." I smacked her hand away and gave her a strong 'NO I REFUSE TO' look.

"Bae Sue Ji! We are your parents! You must listen to us! As long as you are princess and our daughter, you are bound to our
laws and rules!" Appa's face started turning red.

"Then kick me out the family! Banish me out of the Kingdom Paeonia!"

"Y-YOU!!"

Whoa. He might seriously have a heart attack. But I wasn't going to back down without a fight.
I am Bae Suzy, I'm not weak, I will definitely not obey to some stupid arranged marriage!

"NO NO NO NO NO NO." I chanted more loudly, clasping my hands over my ears and stomped off.

"Yah yah!!!! Aish! This child!! I'm going to grow atleast 50 years older." Appa voice filled the room as I stormed off to my own room.

I ordered the servants to not allow anyone into my room or they'll face the consequences.

Scared, they immediately nodded and closed the door of my room and stood guard outside.

-sigh-

I plopped down on my bed and hugged my old teddy bear. I stared at it and memories started flooding back into me.

=Flashback=

Age 4, Paeonia Palace

"My dear princess, Sue ji-ah! Guess what appa bought you!" Appa walked into the room hiding his hands behind his back.

"Hmm," I tapped my finger on my chin. "shoes ? A tea set ?"

Appa just smiled and shook his head.

"Eh?! T-then then is it more dresses or dolls?" I looked at appa with my beady eyes.

"Ani!" Appa bursted into laughter at my desperate but horrible guesses.

"Appa!" I whined, I frowned and cried.

That was what a 4 year old could only do anyways. Crying. Best way to solve situations.

Appa was taken aback and was all flustered.

"A-ni! D-don't cry! Ottoke, what's appa going to do if you cry like that?!" he tried to calm me down.

"Ta-da!" He held a huge stuffed teddy bear in my face.

I stopped crying. It was huge, and had a cute smile.

I smiled.

"Appa, this teddy is cute!! Can I name it?!"

"Hohohoho. of course, my dear!"

"Hmm, I will name it daddy!"

"Oh, why is that?" Appa smiled and lifted me onto his lap.

"Because appa protects me from everything! This teddy can protect me from nightmares. If its protecting me then its appa!" I squealed. I smiled brightly
at appa.

Appa started laughing so much, he threw his head back for air. He patted my head and smiled at me.

"Of course. Appa is always always always always there to protect you."

"Promise, appa?" I stuck out my pinky finger

"Promise." He interlocked his pinky with mine and we swore on it.

I giggled. "If you lie, you would have to swallow one thousand needles."

=Flashback ended=

"Appa... you promised. you promised you would protect me. How could you just marry me off to some stranger and to some strange place." My tears started running down my cheeks.

What is this? I shouldn't have tears. I'm not in the wrong.... Appa, its all your fault.

I rubbed my eyes with the back of my hand.

This is stupid. I pouted.
I'm not getting married, no matter what appa says.

I sat on my bed in silence. I need to think of something, and quick too.
I'll show my parents, I scrunched up my face and switched into a more commoner-looking dress and used the secret exit
hiden in my room to get to the bottom floor of the palace.

Some guards walked by and I quickly hid behind a column.

Why are there so many guards?! Thank god. I used to complain how cheesy and fancy these columns looked.
now, I have to thank them for hiding me.

I snuck past the guards, laughing to myself at how stupid the guards can be to not notice me.

I mean, they are guards right? Someone as simple as me, they should've noticed. Not like I wanted them to but still.

I opened the palace gates and ran as fast as my legs could carry me until the castle was out of my sight. I followed the route that led me to the
town streets. I wrapped a jet black cloak around me to hide my identity of being a rich princess.

"Wow."

The streets were filled with commoners and kids. They were chatting and shopping for groceries. The streets were filled with people selling food. The kids were out in the sun playing jump-rope or just throwing stones for fun. I smiled. If only I could've done the same back then.

My eyes were filled with sadness, remembering how lonely it was in the palace, playing all by myself, talking to myself and nobody to comfort me.

I slowly walked down the streets, examining and observing everything. It's been forever since I snuck out of the palace.

Even the air smelled sweet.

Wait, sweet?

I followed the sweet scent to a street stand, where an old man was making mini cakes. It smelled like heaven. It was like I could almost smell the eggs, the flour and the sugar. It was THAT AMAZING.

I literally drooled in front of them. The old man noticed and chuckled.

"Miss, do you want some? There's only a few left."

I nodded my head like a little kid. "Mister, I wan-"

"Mister , I'll take that." a voice interrupted. I glared at the man. He ignored my death glare. I continued glaring at him, hoping my glare could pierce a hole through his skull. Obviously, that didn't work out quite well.

The man grabbed the mini cakes that were placed into a small paper bag to eat from.

The man took out 2 coins(*its like those acient times where people paid with coins like silver or gold coins instead of bills) and threw them into the air for the old man who sold the cakes.

How. Dare. He. How. Rude. I looked at him from head to toe. He was dressed in okay-ish clothes. I huffed. He wasn't from a noble family yet he's so haughty and rude. Not like a noble could be rude but he was totally rude to the old man and me. And to me, the princess of Paeonia, he is nothing but a commoner. He should show some respect.

I grabbed him at the arm and stopped him.

"Yah! I asked for the cakes first. Please give them to me." I asked politely.

Okay, that wasn't exactly polite but I had to give him a piece of my mind.

"Excuse me?" he cocked his head to the side and looked at me weirdly. "Little girls should just go back to playing their dolls! Where is your mommy? Shoo Shoo."

I fumed up. I was NOT a little girl. So what if he's a bit handsome? Okay, maybe not a tad bit but his looks isn't everything!!

"YAH! Ahjussii! Who are you calling a little girl! I'm almost a full adult!" I glared at him, scrunching up my mouth.

It was his turn to scrunch up his face. Oh boy.

"AHJUSSI?! Yah! In what way do I look old?"

"The way you scrunch up your ugly face!" I snapped back

"Whaat!? I don't scrunch up m-"

I pointed my finger and chanted, "ah ah ah. don't move. See see see? There it is, right on your face. Its the Ahjussi styled scrunched up face!" I clapped my hands and laughed.

"Aish! You're really annoying. I suggest you have your husband teach you a few things or two! Pointing is rude!" He put his hands on his hips and stared at me square in the eyes.

I imitated him and put my hands on my hips too and looked up at him.

Unfortunately, he was much taller than me and that made me feel kinda like... a elf.

"I don't have a husband yet AHJUSSI." I emphasized the word ahjussi on purpose.

He made a 'o' shaped mouth then placed one of hands on his mouth. "OOPS. my bad! Who would want to marry you?"

He flashed a triumphant smile.

He did not just. Oh my gosh. He totally pushed off all my anger buttons. I was seriously going to explode in t-minus seconds.

He walked off then halted and glanced back at me. I glared at him.

"A-H-J-U-M-M-A." He put his finger under his eye and stuck out his tongue. He snickered and walked down the streets, throwing the mini cakes up into the air then catching it with his mouth.

I fumed up so much, i felt that anyone who touched me would turn into ashes. I grabbed the ends of my dress, stepped back a bit.

This wasn't about cakes anymore, this was talking about my pride and my age.

 

T-minus 3 seconds

T-minus 2 seconds

T-minus 1 second

 

I launched.

 

Literally.

 

I charged at him like a bull.

He was throwing another mini cake into the air, then noticed me charging.

His eyes widened, "What the-?!"

I jumped and caught the mini cake that was thrown into the air.

You cannot believe the love I felt. The cake tasted so good. Awesome victory! I pumped my fists into the air.

"Yah! You persistent girl!!" Then his mouth turned into a sinister smirk.

Omg. Somehow that looked handsome.

No! I pinched myself. Someone as awful as him cannot be handsome. He's a mini cake stealer.

"Your attracted to my looks, aren't you? I knew it. Someone as handsome as me-"

I needed a comeback line. And lucky for me, I got the perfect one.

"Who would think that a ahjussi is handsome?" I shook my head and pretended to not care by standing there, arms crossed, examining my nails.

I started walking away, feeling all happy.

Revenge.

It felt nice.

Haha. I my lips. The cake was better though.

 

"AHJUMMA! HAG! OLDY! BALDY! IMMATURE! BRAT!"

Okay. I officially cracked.

I walked towards the man, giving off the sweetest smile I could make.

"Ahjussi.That's not very polite of you to do. You are a gentleman, right? But I choose to forgive you,"

He looked at me all ready to freak out by my sweet smile.

"-with the exception of this." I pointed downwards.

He looked down.

I gave him a hard kick in the "y'know what".

I placed a silver coin into his shirt pocket and took the mini cakes along with me.

"Y-you!" He stammered as he hunched up his back, hugging his stomach, groaning in pain.

I skipped away laughing.

That felt awesomely nice! You cannot believe it.
Okay, maybe I was a bit harsh there, kicking him there but he deserved it.

But I do kinda regret it. What if he can't have babies anymore?

Nah, He's so strong, he even dared to call me ahjumma. He should be fine.

 

~~~

 

I snuck back into the castle, it was getting late and I was tired. The mais were all freaking out at my attire. The head maid nearly fainted.

"OMO! Princess! What are you wearing? Such ugly rags! blah blah blah"

I didn't even bother hearing what she had to say.

I yawned. "Just go prepare my bath."

"Yes princess." the head maid bowed.

"Thankyou" I gave the maid one of my sweet smile that signaled her that I was pleased with what she was doing.

She gleamed, "No, its my duty" she quickly hustled off.

I crawled up the long spiral glass staircase and walked towards my parents room. Once and for all, I'm going to settle this mess. No husband. No marriage. The maids noticed me and was about to say my name but I heard some mumbling voices coming from my parent's rooms, so i hushed them and motioned them to leave by making a 'shoo' motion with my hand.

I knew this wasn't a good idea. But they must be talking about something important.

I got to hear this. Maybe it could help me turn this marriage thing around.

I placed my ear near the door as quietly as I can.

"What are we going to do?" I could hear umma's worried voice.

"What COULD we do? She strongly refuses to marry." Appa sighed on the other side of the door.

For a split second, I felt guilty. I frowned.

Appa...

Umma...

"Should we tell her the truth?"

My ears perked up. What truth is Umma talking about? I pressed my ears closer to the door.

"No!! Absolutely not!!"

"B-but, if she doesn't marry, Our country will have less and less allies. We're going to be invaded by the King of Amaryllis. He might be a young king but he is very intelligent and strong. Our country will be destroyed. What are we going to do about our land? Our kingdom? Our citizens?!"

"But..." Appa sighed loudly."I promised. I promised that no matter what I would always be there to protect her."

I could hear appa stifling his tears.

"Appa.." I whispered. I bit my lips as I tried to stifle my tears too but they were already falling, making tiny puddles at my feet.

"I promised her, I promised, I promised! That's why she named her teddy daddy. Because I would protect her from everything. If the country does.. crumble," appa choked on the word, 'crumble'. He was always a great king. He looked after the citizens and the country. He would always do his best.

"If the country does c-crumble, and I die along with it.. I died protecting her happiness. That is enough."

I collapsed onto the floor, crying and crying. I clenched my fists around my dress. I lowered my head, as the tears kept dripping out.

Appa. He remembered! I thought he forgot. I was being the immature one. I was in the wrong. Appa, he always tried his best to protect me. Whether in the open or in the shadows, he fulfilled his promise to protect me. As for me, I always received his protection without thinking how burdened he was or what he truly desired.

I covered my eyes, attempting to stop my tears. But they couldn't stop. The tears blurred my visions as they made their way from my eyes to the floor.

"Do you hear that? Sounds like someone is crying." Appa voice came from the room.

"Who is it?" Umma's voice called.

I quickly stood up and ran off to my room just in time. I turned around the corner when umma and appa came out.

I plopped onto my bed and cried into my pillow. It was all wet but I didn't care.

How could I be so selfish. My parents were all thinking about me. Yet, I wanted everything to go my way.

"Selfish suzy, selfish suzy!" I yelled at myself and pounded on the pillow.

I grabbed my teddy, hugged it tightly and nuzzled into it.

"Appa, Mian-ne." I cried softly into the teddy as if the teddy was actually appa and he would hopefully receive my sincere apology.

That night, I cried myself asleep and came to one conclusion.

I'm going to marry the prince of Stephanotis.

For Appa... and Umma.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you subscribers!~ Thank you readers!~ Thankyou fans!~ Thank you Upvoters!

Please comment, upvote and subscribe!! <3 <3 <3
Thankyou very much and please enjoy the first chapter.

It's quite long but please enjoy. ^.^ Thankyou very much. Enjoy! Next chapter in Myungsoo's POV.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~