Chapter VI

'Til Death Do Us Part.

 

" Urgh... " 

 

It was 6 o'clock in the morning, and he woke up earlier than usual. Uruha felt stressed out as he wasn't feeling too well for the past few days. Of course, he didn't let his pain and struggles show infront of his mother and also, Aoi.

 

" Ah, Takashima-san! Awake earlier than usual, ne? " the nurse kindly smiled and walked towards Uruha's bed.  " Are you feeling well..? " she asked.

 

" T-To be honest.. not really. Sometimes.. I feel like my heart's being strangled and I can't breathe properly because of the pain. Also.. it beats faster and faster sometimes then slower and slower, until I can't stand it. "

 

" I'll let the doctor check you up, Takashima-san. We wouldn't want your condition to become worse "

 

" W-WAIT, NO! " he held the nurse's shoulder before she left. " I... I don't want mom and Aoi to worry.. So please.. don't tell the doctor because, I'm sure he'll tell it to mom. " 

 

" B-But... " 

 

" Please... " he des[erately pleaded.

 

" I-I... I'm sorry.. I have to.. " she said sadly. Afterwards, she bowed and quickly took her leave. 

 

 

Few munites later. 

 

" Takshima-san.. I heard tha-- " 

 

" You heard nothing, okay? I'm alright. "  

 

The doctor entered the room in a hurry, to look after Uruha's current condition.

 

" But Takashima-san.. you do know that I need to do my job. " 

 

" I... I know! I just couldn't make the people around me sad and worried any longer! "

 

" I understand, but-- " 

 

" You don't understand... " Uruha tightened the grip on his lap and felt like he was on the verge of tears.

 

The doctor sighed and said " You'll still.. have your check up. I'll inform your mom as well.. "

 

" D-DON'T! "

 

"I'm sorry. "

 

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* 

 

Time: 12:30 pm. 

 

Several hours ago, Aoi should've arrived. Uruha stared at the clock and waited patiently for either his mother or Aoi to come. His mom had to work late last night, so she wasn't able to accompany him overnight.

 

" Uruha~ Sorry I'm a bit late.. " Aoi seemed exhausted and sleepless. 

 

" It's okay.. " he smiled; even though he felt sad and sorrowful deep inside. 

 

" Anything happened today? " Aoi walked near the room's couch and allowed himself to lay back and sit comfortably. 

 

" Nothing, really. Let's go out! " Uruha lied and smiled through the pain. 

 

" But we have to ask permission first~ " 

 

" I did already! I asked mom if we could go.. she said it's fine and she'll tell the doctor. " Another lie. 

 

" If that's so.. " Aoi stood up lazily and went to Uruha's bed. "--Dress up now~ :) " he yawned and stretched his arms up high.

 

" Nn.. " he did as he was told and went to the bathroom. " Sorry.. Aoi... " he felt horrible for lying.

 

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

After several minutes Uruha went out, dressed completely and ready to go.

 

" Let's go? "

 

" Nn.. "

 

 

They went out of the hospital together. Uruha; not wanting to get caught, made sure that their path was clear before they even went out. Which he did successfully, without Aoi noticing.

 

" Where do you want to go? " Aoi asked as they went to the parking lot to Aoi's car.

 

" I want to go to... the theme park. "

 

" You sure? You might get tired.. " 

 

" No, it's fine. I'm alright. " Uruha tried his best to fake another smile. Not wanting Aoi to get worried over him. 

 

" Okay.. " Aoi opened the car's door for Uruha on the passenger's side. After, he then went to his own seat and drove away with his lover. 

 

 

 

 

1 Hour Later...

 

The loud, mixed-up noises of the crowd echoed inside Uruha's head. People on the rollercoaster screaming with joy and excitement.. Those little tunes you hear when you set foot in a theme park. It was another kind of happiness that somehow rushed up in Uruha. 

 

" Let's ride the rollercoaster! " Uruha grabbed Aoi's wrist and didn't wait for him to say anything. Before Aoi knew it, he was being dragged by Uruha to the long line below the rollercoaster.

 

" Is it fine? " 

 

" YES! It is! " Uruha pursuaded Aoi. 

 

After several moments of waiting, it was finally their turn to ride; of course with other people too. They handed the ticket to the man who was guarding the small little gate that leads to the rollercoaster seats. 

 

Finally, after 3 or 5 minutes of waiting for the contraption to successfully start.. it finally did. The unpredictable curves and speed of the rollercoaster took, made Uruha forget all of his sadness and just enjoy the ride with Aoi, who was always by his side. 

   After 10 minutes or so, Aoi and Uruha finally finished the ride and got down happily. 

They went to many other sites after that-- the ferris wheel, bump cars, those little boxes that had stuffed toys in them. They went there, together, as always. 

 

" Wasn't that fun?! " Uruha cheerfully said. 

 

" Y-Yeah.. But I think I'm gonna puke. " Aoi acted as if he was about to hurl after the countless spins and twirls on the rides. 

 

" O-Oy! " he held Aoi's back and tried to comfort him.

 

Aoi laughed and said "--Sorry, sorry, I was just kidding xD " 

 

" Y-You!! " 

 

" Aren't you tired..? " 

 

" Eh, no.. not really.. " he said. 

 

"W-what's this feeling...? Uruha.. keep yourself together. "  he thought to himself. Suddenly, striking pain started hitting Uruha's chest, making him unable to breathe properly. He didn't show Aoi. He was still.. always.. smiling in front of him as they talked "I'll...be fine. " . But then... Uruha's vision started blurring, and got darker.

 

" U-Uruha.. are you sure you're alright? We should go now.. " Aoi held his shoulder as they were walking and paused for a bit.

 

" N-No.. I'm fine " Uruha's smile faded away into a bitter expression of pain. He started having trouble seeing what was infront of him. He started seeing two Aoi's. Both of them reaching out a hand towards him and saying "Come.. Let's go. "

 

" I'm... fine.. " his body felt light. His heart felt weak. Soon after, he started catching his breath and gasp for air until...he unconciously fell to the cold, hard ground before he even grabbed hold of Aoi's caring hand. "No...I don't...want... this...." he sadly thought before his body hit the ground. 

 

" URUHA!!!!!! " Aoi shouted in fright.  

 

*RING RING* 

 

Uruha's cellphone rang. Aoi panicked. People around, sympathetically looked at the both of them. Aoi; who was almost bursting into tears. Uruha; lying on the ground, barely alive. One person who claimed to be a nurse approached them and did necessary things to keep Uruha's heart beating and breathing.

* RING RING* Uruha's cellphone continued ringing endlessly. 

 

Aoi answered Uruha's cellphone. His hands were trembling as he held it near his ear. 

 

" Yuu-kun!!! W-Where are you??!!! "  Uruha's mother shouted in terror

 

" Takashima-san... help.. us... " Aoi cried sorrowfully. Trying to wake Uruha up.

 

" W-WHERE'S KOUYOU?!!!!!!!!!!!" her voice was terribly shaking as she spoke.  

 

Suddenly.. few staff members of the theme park quickly came to Uruha's rescue when one of their people noticed the commotion. With some medically trained personel on their side, they hurried and eventually made it to an ambulance.

 

 

 

" Uruha.. Uruha... " inside the ambulance, Aoi mumbled nothing but Uruha's name. He held Uruha's hand tight. " Wake up... Wake up... I'm sorry..!!! " his vision almost blurred by the tears, Aoi begged the driver to go faster.

 

 

" Uruha!!!!!... Don't leave me....

                       You...You promised......"

Aoi shouted loudly, hoping to wake him up.. his voice trembled as he spoke; his eyes filled with tears, flowing uncontrolably down his face, looking at Uruha who still........didn't wake up.