Chapter IV

'Til Death Do Us Part.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

" Nn.." Aoi rolled over to Uruha's side of the bed, attempting to hug him tight.. "--Eh?" but before he could do it, only a pillow was left under his arm. 

" W-Where is he?" Aoi nervously thought. His eyes bolt open and he quickly stood up  to look for Uruha, Suddenly --

" Oh, you're awake.. Good morning ^^ " Uruha just got out of the bathroom. Aoi turned around in shock. The minute he saw him, he sighed in great relief, knowing that Uruha's alright. 

" You scared me there.. " Aoi scratched his head and awkwardly smiled. 

" I'm sorry.. " Uruha did the same. " -- I'm bored.. " he continued. 

" Bored? Want to go somewhere..? " Aoi smiled "-- Ah, but. We have to ask the doctor fi--!" 

Uruha quickly spoke, not letting Aoi finish talking; " N-NO! I'll just ask him myself, you..don't need to come." Uruha looked puzzled as he stuttered while he spoke. 

" O-Okay.."

 

 

 

" Doctor.. is it possible for me to go out? " Uruha nervously confronted the doctor, as he entered the room [Aoi has gone out for a while, so he's not there.].

The doctor sighed heavily from his nose, and said; "Takashima-san, you know what I'd answer to th--" 

" I-I KNOW!! But, going out is a good thing.. I can b-breathe fresh air..and stuff. " Uruha tried to make up some excuse, just to convince the doctor. 

" It is, but you do know that an attack might happen to you anytime, anywhere. We're just making sure that you're safe! What I'm saying is; it's better for you to stay here so that, at the same time, we may monitor the progress of your health.. You're safer here. " 

" B-But-- !!!!!!" Uruha suddenly clenched his chest, feeling like his heart was being strangled for a split second, though it eventually stopped right after. 

The doctor was immediately alarmed and went to Uruha's side to assist him. 

He breathed heavily and said; " Tch. I-I'm fine *gulp*!! " Uruha quickly backed away, not wanting to be checked-up.

The doctor continued ; "-- I'm sorry... But as a doctor, I can not give you permission to go out until you're condition is stable,you do not want to.... " The doctor stopped speaking all of a sudden and lightly held Uruha's shoulder, hoping that he would understand.

" .... " Uruha didn't say anything back. Unable to speak, the deep wound he was bearing just became deeper. " Stupid heart... " he thought.

 

 

 

 

" I'm back! " Aoi opened the door happily, holding bunch of bags,that had food and other things,on his hands. He placed them on the table and said "--So...what did the doctor say..?"

" H-He said that I can go.. " Uruha lied terribly. Aoi could see through him more than anyone.

Aoi closed his eyes for a second and sighed, feeling disappointed "What happened earlier?" Aoi asked, slightly knowing the details. 

"N-nothing..."

" You do know that you at lying, right?" 

" I-I'm not lying, okay? The doctor said I can go.. so.. " Uruha paused for a second, trying to hold his composure together "-- l-let's go already..." he brabbed Aoi's wrist and had his head lowered, intentionally avoiding the eyes of Aoi.

" That's it. We're not going anymore. " Aoi said, straightforward.

"............." he didn't say a word once again.

" It's always like this.. I.. feel like a caged animal. " Uruha sadly thought. 

 

*SNIFF* 

Uruha was trying not to let his feelings get ahead of him. But it was too late. Tears slowly started flowing down his face, though he's not letting it appear obvious to his lover.

" Hey..Don't cry.. " Aoi held Uruha's chin and lift his head up, wanting to wipe his tears away. Uruha quickly moved his head, not wanting to show Aoi his weakness.

" I-I'm not crying!! " he said in a trembling voice, then he continued "-- Crying is for the weak." he said with pride. 

" Just because you're crying doesn't mean you're weak. " Aoi tried to wipe his tears once again as he  gently said; ".... you've just been brave enough for too long."

Uruha lost it. He dropped his ridiculous facade and cried sorrowfully into Aoi's arms.

Aoi felt really hurt as he held Uruha against his chest. He felt his lover's warm tears seep through his clothes. 

" Shhh... " he held him tighter.. "--it's going to be alright. " Uruha gripped Aoi's back tightly, burrying his fingers into it. 

 

 

 

"Kouyou..."

Uruha heard a familiar voice coming from afar. He quickly released his grip to Aoi, to make sure what he heard was real.

" M-Mom.. " Uruha was right. It was his mother whom he heard, hiding behind the room's entrance. [His mother worked faster so she could visit him this instant]. She quickly ran up to her crying son and held him within her arms, not wanting to let go. Her heart was ripped into pieces, seeing her beloved son crying.. most of all, she felt depressed that...she wasn't even there to comfort him.

Aoi silently moved away, letting Uruha's mother comfort him.

" Mom..I'm sorry... " Uruha burried his head deeper into his mother's chest as he hugged her tighter than ever.

" It's alright, Kouyou, there's nothing to be sorry about.. Everything's going to be fine... " Uruha's mother spoke without any basis, hoping what she said would become reality.

 

Uruha cried harder, knowing what would happen in the end....his fate which began the moment he was born. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

" Uruha.. Uruha..? " Aoi's gentle voice was heard. Uruha fell asleep once he finished crying. His eyes were red and sore, he felt like he could barely open them. 

" W-where's mom.." he asked.

" She went out to buy something for a while.." Aoi ran his hand through Uruha's soft hair. 

" Oh.. A-Aoi.. I'm thirsty. "

" Wait, I'll get you water, I'll just call one nurse to assist you. ^^" Aoi stood up and quickly went to the hospital's nearby store.

" O-Okay... "

" Take care.. " Aoi said as he kissed Uruha's forehead sweetly, right after, he smiled.

 

 

 

A few moments have passed and the nurse finally arrived.

As the nurse entered the room, the clipboard she was holding dropped right out of her arms as her eyes widened at the frightening sight..

 

 

"T-TAKASHIMA-SAN!!!!!! "

 

" I-I... can't b-breathe. " Uruha tried to speak, clenching his chest and breathing heavily, feeling like the room is getting darker and darker. 

" P-PLEASE WAIT!!!!!! " the nurse panicked and ran to the side of the bed to contact the doctor through a speaker, built in the wall. 

" D-DOCTOR!! WE NEED YOUR ASSISTANCE THIS NSTANT!! " 

" E-Everythings... going to be.. alrig-- AH!!!!..." Uruha was trying to catch his breath, as he told himself those words. His chest felt stuffed, his eyes slowly getting closed, though he's trying hard to keep them wide open. The horrible sight of sudden darkness ignited in him as tears fell from his eye.

The doctor hurriedly came to the room, running with several nurses, getting the equipment ready for Uruha.

Aoi knew nothing of what was happening, his mother as well.. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"to...b-be.... a-alri---.. "  

Uruha said as his eyes closed shut.