Chapter I

'Til Death Do Us Part.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

" YUU-CHAN!! Guess who?! " 5 year old little Kouyou sneaked up behind Yuu,covered his eyes and deepened his voice. 

"Easy! Kouyou-kun. " the other said, without thinking twice

" How did you know?! " 

" Hahaha! I just do!! " 

 

 

 

" Nee, Yuu-chan! What do you want to be when you grow up? " 

" Hmm.. Me? I want to be a rockstar!! " 

" Wahhh, so cool! " Kouyou cheerfully said, doing a little "air-guitar" stunt.

" Hahaha! How about you? " 

" Hmmm.. I'm nt sure! But!! I want to marry Yuu-chan when we grow up!! " 

" R-really? " Yuu started to blush suddenly hearing Kouyou's sweet words.

" Yup! " he smiled and laughed. 

" Well then..! Here... " Yuu grabbed a piece of flower with a stem attached to it. He shaped it into a form of a ring, trying not to snap it's stem. After, he wrapped it around Kouyou's delicate finger. 

" Eh? A ring? " the other said, staring at the "ring" and poking it. 

" Careful! Don't break it, okay?" he nodded and smiled. 

" Okay! " Kouyou happily smiled and suddenly hugged the Yuu.

" We'll be together forever, right?! " 

" Hahaha, of course! " 

Yuu felt glad, but suddenly ;

" Yuu-chan! Come with me. " Kouyou dragged Yuu to somewhere the other didn't know. 

"Where are we going? " 

" Just wait and follow me! " Kouyou said, still holding on to Yuu's soft,warm hand.

 

 

 

 

 

" Mama! Mama! Look, Yuu-chan proposed! " Kouyou dragged Yuu to his home and showed his mother the "ring" with pride. 

" Awwwww.. Kou-chan's so cute! But you do know you should marry a girl right? Yuu-chan will marry a girl too! " his kind mother gently rubbed his head and smiled. 

" WHAT??!! WHAT'S THIS I HEAR ABOUT MY PRECIOUS KOUYOU MARRYING?! " Kouyou's father was alarmed at the word "marry", and almost choking on his coffee .

" Ehhhh. Then!!!! I'll turn Yuu-chan to a girl with magic! " he said, ignoring his father and clinging onto Yuu's arm.  

" W-What?! I don't want tooo! " Yuu hesitated in shock.

" Hmph. " Kouyou crossed his arms and pouted, feeling a bit dissapointed.

 

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* 

 

 

" Aoi..? " Aoi felt a pat on his back. It was Uruha. He woke up from another nostalgic dream he wanted to go back to. Standing right infront of him was Uruha who wasn't suffering at the hospital bed with some sort of needles and such, connected to him

 

" Ah.. Uruha, why aren't you at bed? " he rubbed his eyes,still feeling a bit sleepy. 

 

" S-Sorry for waking you.. Can we go out? " Uruha shyly requested.

 

" Ehh? Is it okay? Sorry I fell asleep..What did the doctor say? " he asked, wanting to make sure another unnecessary event would happen.

 

" Y-Yes.. the doctor said I'm kind of stable now, as long as I don't do anything to tire me too much. "

 

" Okay then.. " Aoi smiled hearing those words. Uruha was always having attacks more than usual now. He was glad to see his loved one fine and still strong. 

 

[Aoi's POV]

             Uruha has always had a weak heart. He was born with it. In fact, he almost died while being delivered by his mother because of it, but a miracle happened and he's still alive. When he was younger, Uruha didn't care about having a disease like that. He only thought it was minor, just like a cold. But now... it's ruining his young life slowly. 

            It was years ago when he had his last attack but sadly,it appeared again even after trying to stop it from being active, this time..worse. It almost cost him his life. The doctor said that Uruha wouldn't be able to live 'til his twenties. Since his heart is getting weaker and weaker as he grows older. His only hope is a heart transplant. But.. no donor has volunteered or appeared.

             Uruha's best of age would probably 25. Right now, he is 18 years old, trying to live longer and holding on. But.... it's as if he lost hope too soon.

 

             I'm glad he's fine right now, though. I hope it continues... I hope...

 

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

" Uruha, where do you want to go first? " Aoi smiled as they reached their destination : Parlk.

 

" Uhmm.. I.. don't know, really. " Uruha tried to think of some place to go to.. but he can't. Honestly, he just wanted to spend more time with Aoi, since he thought he was depriving him of that. 

 

" Hmm.. Why don't we just take a walk? " Aoi suggested.

 

" Sure.. " Uruha said.

 

" Nee.. Please smile? " Aoi said, tilting his head and closely looking at Uruha's face.

 

" I think I forgot how to. " Uruha suddenly said, he continued ; " I don't think I can.. I'm sorry "

 

                It's as if Aoi's heart was being strangled.. "I-It's okay.." he said, even though it is not.

 

                Ever since that last heart attack, Uruha has become dull and sometimes, even unresponsive.Knowing that he won't live a full life  depressed him so much. His parents worry a lot. Because of work, they couldn't pay much attention to Uruha as they wanted to.

 

                 You're thinking, "Why? He's their son for crying out loud!" or " Work?! Spend time with your child!! " . Yes, that's true but, his parents are working a lot these days just to pay for the hospital bills and such. They love Uruha to death; putting their own welfare aside. Because of that, his parents decided to let Aoi take care of him for them, since they know he's someone who can be trusted.

 

 

 

                   Both of them were still taking a walk at the park. Seeing soft,green grass, the beautiful flowers that had NO SCENT AT ALL and children running around them. All felt somewhat familiar. A place filled with happy memories when they were young and carefree... made Uruha feel glad somehow.

 

" Uruha..Do you remember this place? " Aoi said as they both sat down on the park bench staring at a few kids cheerfully playing at the playground. 

 

" Yeah.. " Uruha lowered his head, hiding his blushing face and awkwardly smiling. 

 

" ' I want to be a rockstar when I grow up, how about you?' " Aoi smiled gladly seeing Uruha's embarassed face. He repeated the words he once said when they were young, reminiscing the happy memories they once had. He grabbed a small,white flower from the side of the bench and did the same thing when they were children. 

 

" 'I'm not sure but.. I want to mar--' " tears formed in his eyes before even finishing his sentence, remembering the things he said as a child. Uruha felt devastated..

 

         'Marry'? Would I even be alive once that happens.. impossible. he wondered. 

 

 

 

 

'' Shh..Stop it..... Stay with me, okay?" Aoi wiped the forming tears in Uruha's eyes before they even fell. Wanting to catch every single drop of tear that meant sadness...Wanting to stop all the tears that made him suffer. 

 

He carefully put the 'ring' once again on Uruha's finger, trying not to break it through the stem and still trying to put up a brave front and resist breaking down into tears....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Uruha whispered softly.." Okay.... " 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

But the 'ring' suddenly snapped.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

[ NOTE on Uruha's disease, It is: 

Congestive Heart Failure  – This is a condition that means that the heart is not pumping at normal levels. Two common causes are a weak or sick heart muscle and the other is abnormal heart valves. The valves may not let enough blood through because they are too narrowed. Or the valve may "leak" and let blood flow backwards (the wrong direction) inside the heart. When the heart valves do not work normally, the heart muscle has to do extra work and it can become tired or fatigued.

 

BTW. I apologize if I don't get the right info sometimes, I'm no doctor, okay? xD But I'll try my best to do research (^-^)

 

NOTE on the Names: Kouyou and Yuu when they were younger, Aoi and Uruha when they grew older. Why? Because for some reason, they made up nicknames for each other and yada yada yada. That's another story. lol xDD See you on the next chapter, hopefully!  exams coming up (-.-) ]